• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Whats gone wrong at Philips. pfl8606

I have had Philips tv`s for many years and when the time arrived to purchase a new model i was interested in the above model and as i could not see it in the shops i had to rely on your customer care for information.
    That was the wrong thing to do.
    Firstly i was told twice that all your units come with 3d glasses so when the unit arrived i was angry when i found no gasses in the box.
    Secondly i was told that bbc iplayer was an app on the unit and again it was not and the app Napster was displayed and still is on your advertising and again it was did not not.
    Iwas then told it was only for europe and i said that the UK was part of Europe.
    I was then informed that the app Napster was in the German apps and i could access it there.
    Again this information was wrong as it is not the case with this unit.
    I was then told i would need and software upgrade which would cure all these problems and the person i was dealing with kindly sent me a memory stick to upgrade my unit.
    Again this failed and would not upgrade.
    I was then sent another memory stick and you guessed it it failed again.
    I was then advised to go out and buy a ethernet cable to connect the unit to the internet router and that should cure the problem. WRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Again the problem still persisted.
    The next fault was the pictue on hd tv froze now and again and i was told that the signal was to strong and i should buy an attenuator which should cure the problem and again it failed to do anything.
    Next time i asked for the manager but he was in a meeting. but he did call me back.
    The team manager Mr. Steven asked about the picture problem and then told me that the tv signal was to weak and i would need a new aerial but the signal strength is 99% and i was only a few miles from the transmitter but he then replied that for hd signals you would need 100% (what a lot of piss) i went on to explain about the software updates and he suggested that he would have the the engineer out to do the update repaired and at that i lost the will to live.
    The repair company called me to arrange a time and for his engineer to have a look in case i was doing something wrong.
    He appeared today without any tools and his first words were (Ive never seen this set before) After playing about with the remote control and not even touching the tv he then said he would need to take it back to his workshop as it would need a new master board.
    I then sent the engineer on his way as i do not want the unit repaired after having it for only a few weeks.
    I could have bought a 40 inch tv for around £600 and the reason i spent £1300 was to get a quality set and from the people who know about tv`s.
    HOW WRONG CAN YOU BE?
    i HAVE SPOKEN TO A COMPUTER EXPERT ON THE SOFTWARE UPGRADE AND I NOW KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS AND IT DOSNT MEAN STRIPPING A BRAND NEW TV TO BITS TO REPLACE THE MOTHER BOARD.
    Lastly i have no idea nor do your helpers where i can get a pair of 3d glasses and where i can buy them.
    I await your reply on the above problems after just a few weeks of ownership.
    Thanking you.
    Robert
    I would also like to pass this letter to your managing director so if you could also give me his email or name and address

Update
    Philips called me to see why i did not want the set uplifted so i asked the person if he had read my letter explaining the problem and he said he had read the letter and i then asked why he was calling me today.
    He then said he didnt have a copy of my email as its another department that deals with this.
    He lied to me and thats the worse thing you can ever do to a cusomer.

i now realize that Philips is no longer a good company to deal with to correct the situation Philips needs to send there people on customer care and product knowledge courses.
    It never how can we help to correct all these problems but poor ilformed answers and excuses,
    Wish i had gone for the Sony.
    The above statement is a full and honest statement from myself and if Philips would like the answer to the upgrade they can call me and i will explain the problem without a new motherboard.
    Robert Clemenson

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hey Robert

i'm sorry to read what you've experienced.
    I have send you an PN.

Regards
    Thomas

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Still no response from philips to my email.

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hey Robert

i'm sorry to read what you've experienced.
    I have send you an PN.

Regards
    Thomas
    Does anybody from philips want to respond to the above letter if only to find out what was wrong with the software upgrade?

Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi

according to my knowledge you had a call Today to the Lounge Manager and everything is solved now.

Regards
    Thomas
    Last edited by Philips - Thomas; 12-13-2011 at 12:48 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

pfl 40 8606 problems

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi

according to my knowledge you had a call Today to the Lounge Manager and everything is solved now.

Regards
    Thomas
    A simple upgrade has cured all my complaints and its now the best tv in the world.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 130
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Even though TV's get more complex every year, I think one of the things that seperates a Great manufacturerer from just a good one is the ability to deliver products that work out of the box. Obviously that did not happen in your case (let alone the crappy customer care), also not in mine by the way

This is quite Sense-less and not Simplicity at all. This is exactly what you, Phlilips, promise though. Thank you Philips for taking note.