Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi Guys,

Sorry to say but we dont have this feature right now and there are no plans to have it in the future.
    But we never know, if there is any chance to have i will keep you informed.

Regards
    Thomas
    TVs are getting more and more an integrated multimedia device which provides access to a lot of media from different sources.
    The future user won't buy a stack of devices to have an optimized one to play 1. from network, 2. from internet vod service A, 3. from vod service B. It is much more comfortable to buy one advanced TV which provides a comfortable user experience. And fast forward/backward is a minimum for video playback.

NetTV with its vod services can replace the video store/video rental service around the corner and a DVD-Player/Bluray-Player with all that effort you have to rent a video!
    But to support that, the user wants this features.

Let's make a difference...

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I also would really appreciate this enhancement.

Especially that my video playback crashes when I change 2D->3D->2D conversion during playback or display scheme from anything to cinema od from cinema to anything... After that crash TV want back to television mode and I had to play movie again and fast forward to to the position I was...
    TV: 46PFL5507

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Bump!
    This is a basic function that I would also appreciate. The previous posts illustrate the problems in a clear manner. This function would make movie watching easier for everyone using dlna (which is alot people). Why not implement it?

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have a 42PFL4007H/12 model and i can't jump forward in videos when watching over DLNA. Over usb external hdd jumping forward works fine.
    Didn't quite understand the posts here, is this normal behavior or should the jumping forward/backward work with my tv over DLNA? Pause the video works fine.
    Tried with Philips Media Server and Twonky.

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I've got the same issue for my 32PFL4007H/12. Jump to time should be a basic feature. At least we should be able to FF to 1,2..x minutes. Also the subtitles don't work over DLNA. How hard can it be to implement this? So much for Smart TV. I think I'm going to return this one and get a Samsung or LG.

Level completed: 46%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    FF works with PS3 Media Server and if i remember correctly subtitles work also with this program. You can download it from here:
    https://ps3mediaserver.googlecode.co...ows-1.70.1.exe

Level completed: 93%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I'm not saying it doesn't work, it's just really really slow to FF, it should jump to a few minutes not seconds. I hate that it randomly stops sometimes and it's a real pain to FF back to the initial position.

PS3 media server does not stream subtitles, at least not without having to transcode, this is not viable if you have limited cpu power like a smart router or NAS. I've tried most media servers and it does not work.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I am just another guy who is unhappy with Philips software... I've got a TV with a perfect picture, but with completely unusable software! Streaming subtitles? Doesn't work. Jumping to time? Doesn't work. Displaying flash videos in the web browser? Doesn't work. Searching youtube with keyboard? Doesn't work. What is it all for then?!

I was looking for two basic things.
    1. I wanted to watch videos from my PC on the big TV screen.
    2. I wanted to watch videos from the web on the big TV screen.
    Is something of the above special? Does something of the above not appear on Philips website in the advertisement of their SmartTVs?

So why did I spent almost 600 EUR and couldn't do any of those?
    Watching videos from PC is unusable, because you have to watch the whole movie at once - because you can't jump to where you've stopped. And you have to work really hard to stream the subtitles.
    Watching videos from the web is almost impossible, because searching in youtube app only with the remote control is TERRIBLE. You spend 5 minutes just to type the search string! Did anybody in Philips try it? And besides youtube - well, Flash is not supported, so it's just impossible.

Wow... I really couldn't think that I would get something like that from Philips!
    Fortunately, I have 14 days to return the device. I will do it of course. And I really hope that many other people will do that! Because maybe then this completely unusable software will be updated...

Sorry... But really, it is terrible...

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 60.0%
    Achievements:
    7 days registeredTagger Second Class100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I TOTALY agree with Dmitry, the software quality is outrageous!!!
    Here is a short list of the issues I have experienced with my 55PFL8007 model:
    1. After the TV has been turn on the remote takes around 20-30 second until it start to be responsive, if the sound level is high (initially) there is no way to turn it off or lower it.
    2. The responsiveness of the volume is very bad and delayed sometimes by 1-2 seconds (depend on TV applications load)
    3. The streamer does not support Latin-1 character set – HUGE disappointment as I am from Israel, most of the multimedia content I consume is from movies and shows I download on my PC and to be able to show subtitles I need to use another tool to embedded them into the video (time consuming and disappointing due to the fact the Samsung got full support in this)
    4. Sometimes the streamer is stuck (mostly when loading a movie), after that one of the following will happened :
    a. The streamer stop from working and will not allow to be used anymore (even if you close the streamer) – strange blue empty screen appear (will only get back to life after start-up of the TV)
    b. The TV channels will not be appeared (black screen) – need to restart the TV.
    5. Many Audio Codex that are not supported (as part of the movies)
    6. Many issues with movie been stuck / buffered during the movie (occur with HD movies)
    7. Internet browser is very slow in most (all) of the sites, not usable at all.
    8. The pointer feature is implemented only in the browsing part of the Smart TV and not in the applications and the history / favorite screen.
    9. The Wireless connection (WIFI) is disconnecting now and then and the router password needs to be inserted again and again (the TV do not remember the password – basic requirement)
    10. The TV is sometimes stuck in black screen and only disconnect the TV from the plug help to resolve this.
    11. The workflow is problematic and not easy to use (options, setup, source…)
    12. Many small usability issues with “Back” button that do not work correctly in the internet browser and gets you out in the setup screen.
    13. Poor selection in the Smart TV applications (compare to Samsung)

It seems like the fact that Philips do not go all the way regards what is important to the user (usability and quality) cost her the market share in the TV business this is a shame is it seems that the gap is not that big and can be easily achieved.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to don_nahum For This Useful Post:

paulmv (08-13-2013)

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 334
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Due to all other issues this firmware is (or was in some minor cases) giving us, this was less of an issue for now.

But after using this TV for several months I'm slowly but gradually getting more annoyed with a lack of proper FFWD or time-jumping possibilities.

This is to me a feature so basic to ANY mediaplayer that I didn't even care to test for this option in the shop nor check for FFWD/time-jumping in the reviews. Just another displeaser, with a frustrating response from Philips not to follow-up.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to _Stephan For This Useful Post:

paulmv (08-13-2013)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12