• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Need some help with a Net TV/Netflix issue.

TV Model# 40PFL5706/F7
    Software: Version: PHL_0AB_313_0

Hi I'm new to the forum and just got my TV today. When I set everything up and try Netflix out my instant queue was the only thing that would come up (no search option etc). I did some research and found out that my software might be old and in need of an upgrade. It was, and so I went through all the steps and upgraded it with the most up to date software which I am currently running. I went back into Net TV and noticed a few new apps so the software that was installed in the TV was pretty out dated....

Now after all of that and not to mention setting my wireless internet back up again I was ready to watch some shows....or so I thought. When I go to click on Netflix now I get a message which states. Warning! Network is currently not available. Try again later. After the message if you try to click on Netflix again the screen just goes black for a few seconds then takes you back to the Net TV menu with out a message or anything. I figured it was something with my internet connection but just to make sure I checked You Tube and it works just fine, so does Pandora. At this point I'm ready to give up. I tried testing my connection (which was fine), deactivating/reactivating Netflix, turning off the TV (even tried unplugging it).

This is where I'm stuck. I can't figure it out...the internet seems to be working just fine but for some reason Netflix won't launch. I don't know if the upgrade had something to do with it or what. Ever sense the upgrade I haven't been able to fire up Netflix. Sense I don't have cable hooked up yet I'm relying on Netflix for the next few days, so not having it working really blows.

Any thoughts or help would be much appreciated.

Mike

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 894
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi

We apologize that you have having issues with Netflix.

Sometimes the Netflix servers can go down which would cause you to lose the use of Netflix while leaving your other apps accessible.
    You can check the status of the Netflix servers by clicking on this link: http://downrightnow.com/netflix.

Even if you can get Netflix working on a computer it may be down on the TV or another device since Netflix uses different servers for the streaming on the computer and streaming to TVs and Blu-ray players.
    If you are still experiencing issues, please call our call center at 1-866-309-0841 and they may be able to provide more detailed troubleshooting with your home network.

Regards
    Thomas
    Last edited by Philips; 12-12-2011 at 03:19 PM. Reason: Typo

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Philips - Thomas For This Useful Post:

ThomasOerslykkeMoeller (02-16-2014)