Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

'Gemist'-service (Dutch/NL) crash entire TV 42PFK6309

My Philips 42PFK6309 TV has several 'apps' for delayed watching of TV programmes, the 'NPO Gemist', 'RTL XL' and 'Kijk' from SBS.
    With NPO Gemist and Kijk, the TV hangs completely after watching a show for several minutes. The TV doesn't respond to anything and I need to unplug the power cable.
    The RTL XL apps doesn't seem to suffer from this, neither is Netflix or YouTube. They work fine.

The NPO Gemist, RTL XL and Kijk are not really real apps, but websites that actually open in the TV's browser.
    You can press the INFO key to see the URL.
    For NPO Gemist, this is:
    http://hbbtv.distributie.publiekeomr...ceType/Default

After selecting any show, the TV hangs after a few minutes, usually anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes, but sometimes after 5.

Dutch Philips support is really a joke. First they say they are working on it, then the say they aren't and then they blame the website and everything else but the TV. A quick search on Google shows a lot more Dutch people with x09-tv's with the exact same problems. A TV should never hang in this manner, it's really inconvienient to have to unplug the TV since it is wall-mounted.

Any real fix would be really appreciated, there really is some kind of bug in Philips' browser and/or memory management of the browser.

Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 99.8%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!VeteranOverdrive25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear rvdv,

i can tell that development is looking into it.
    I will keep you postet.

Regards
    Thomas

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Overall activity: 12.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks a lot for your reply. It is great that it is being worked on and I hope it will be fixed soon.

Thanks,
    Rowdy

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Thomas,

I am unable to get into my previous account - it keeps asking me to create a new username, even with the 'forgot password'. I believe it has something to do with the linked facebook-login which is failing a lot.
    So, I have created a new account.
    If you want to send me any PM, please do so to this new account!

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Rowdy,

Do you happen to have received any updates or news from Philips on this matter ever since your most recent post of October 16? I bought the 42PFK7109/12 in the end of November and experience ever since a freeze once a week (on average) of the video streams (after 20-25 minutes) via the Uitzending Gemist app. I updated the television in December to version 012.003.026.128 (December 17, 2014) but this does not make any difference. Also I have the impression that the RF-remote (compared to the old fashioned IR-remotes) sometimes works a little sluggish and slow, do you experience this also?

Kind regards,
    Fernao

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by beenkens View Post
    Dear Rowdy,

Do you happen to have received any updates or news from Philips on this matter ever since your most recent post of October 16? I bought the 42PFK7109/12 in the end of November and experience ever since a freeze once a week (on average) of the video streams (after 20-25 minutes) via the Uitzending Gemist app. I updated the television in December to version 012.003.026.128 (December 17, 2014) but this does not make any difference. Also I have the impression that the RF-remote (compared to the old fashioned IR-remotes) sometimes works a little sluggish and slow, do you experience this also?

Kind regards,
    Fernao
    Hello Fernao,

I have had a lot more problems with met Philips TV than this, unfortunately. screen quality, engineers have replaced the screen three times - so four screen in total have I seen. All of them had poor image quality and even the main board has been replaced.

In the end, Philips ended up refunding me (after 4 months of trying to fix it). So I went back to the store and got a Samsung TV instead. The image quality in just about perfect and it never freezes. The store employee also showed me the number of Philips tv's they've had returned to them... There were quite a lot. Suffice to say, after Philips sold their TV division to TP-Vision, the quality of their tv's has definately gone downhill... And that's really sad to see, because it was a brand to be proud of. Perhaps for the new 2015 models TP-Vision can do something about the quality of the screen and the slow and crashing software (in fact, that's the entire tv...).

But for now my issues are resolved and I am really happy with my new Samsung TV.
    So, in the end, Philips customer support is great, but their tv's suck. At least in my case, there will also be people that are very satisfied with their Philips tv's and I've obviously not tested each and every Philips model.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Thomas,

I bought a 42PFK7109 last month and I also have the same problems with SMart TV apps like NPO Gemist. The only solution is to unplug the power cable. What is the status of this issue?

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Dear rvdv,

i can tell that development is looking into it.
    I will keep you postet.

Regards
    Thomas