Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Angry Last useful App disabled by Philips

Hi,

I've had it with my Philips TV. I really regret buying it now. I should've listened to what people were saying.

Besides that Smart TV is very slow, Philips immediately started disabling Apps one by one over time. Listing only the most important ones for me: at first News (Journaal) was removed, followed by Nu.nl, then RTL-X. and now finally my most used one: Uitzending Gemist (Missed Braodcasts).

The sole reason I bought this tv was for using these Apps. And now Philips just removes it! Why! Don't sell it if you can't live up to it Philips. I feel cheated.

And stop misleading people with 'Temporarely disabled' and 'Coming soon'. Some of these Apps have been disabled for more than a year now. WHEN are they coming back?

And I'm not even complaining about my favorites being removed from time to time, or not workiong at all. Or the TV randomly restarting.

So be warned you all, DON'T BUY A PHILIPS tv if you like to use Apps on it. For me, I'm sure to stay away from everything else that says Philips.

Have a nice day

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,399
    Overall activity: 99.9%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

you know, that Philips only provides the platform. The content owner (e.g. Uitzending Gemist) is responsible to create and providing the app. If they decide to stop the App for the TV platform (which is used in your TV), Philips can't do much...

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by J-TV View Post
    Hi,
    ...........disabling Apps one by one over time. Listing only the most important ones for me: at first News (Journaal) was removed, followed by Nu.nl, then RTL-X. and now finally my most used one: Uitzending Gemist (Missed Braodcasts).
    Have a nice day
    Dear All, and especially Philips!!
    The above complaint is shared by many people. From last thursday, 12jan15, a thread of complaints is building on the Dutch public broadcast website https://help.npo.nl/conversaties/npo...-philips-nettv. Sorry, all in the Dutch language. One by one, all sites dealing with the recall of past broadcasts in the Netherlands are rendered inoperable. Is this a policy to make us pay extra for services? Software developers claim they work on repair. In the mean time there is a work around for the recall of Dutch NPO broadcasts. In the Smart TV internet App, select http://www.omroep.nl/ug and add it to your favorites. This is the original app that worked so well from the Smart TV gallery untill recently. It stil works fine when adressed from the internet App, so Philips, why does it no longer work from the Gallery?

Have a nice day all of you,

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 62.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!100 Experience Points31 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Dear all,

Thank you dearly Waterman for the workaround! I did not know that, but it is working and faster then I've ever seen. The quality is slightly worse though.

PHILIPS! WTF! This is the original app. Why are you responding with 'If the content owner decides to stop, Philips can't do much'. That was clearly not true. Philips rather lies instead of even informing people that there is a workaround.

So I support the question of Waterman: why is Philips not supporting this app from the gallery? It clearly has nothing to do with a 3rd party.

I can't believe you are doing this to your customers. Do you really want to disappoint us this much?

Furthermore, my first post was removed because of 'an error'. I said I believed that. Now I really wonder...

kind regrets,
    J-TV