Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

7606 2d to 3d conversion on the fly

My new 7606t doesn't convert 2d to 3d 'on the fly'. One of the reasons I bought the tv was because Philips says it can -

Featuring Easy 3D, the new 7000 series uses passive 3D technology to recreate the enjoyment of 3D viewing just as you would experience it at the cinema. Featuring an advanced 3D polarizer, 100Hz refresh rate, Full HD LED and Philips’ Pixel Precise HD engine, 7000 LED series brings you the most comfortable, sharp and affordable 3D viewing experience with minimal cross-talk. In addition, its state-of-the-art 2D-3D conversion technology means you can watch your favorite 2D movie in 3D without the distortion you would normally expect from 2D-3D conversion technologies. Philips' innovative 2D-3D conversion technology ensures that background and foreground images are not accidentally mixed, that subtitles remain at a constant depth and that images are not distorted, meaning you always get the best-possible 3D experience.

How do I access this - I have tried selecting 3d in a 2d picture and all I get is a blurred / distorted mess. Any help appreciated.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

the 7000 series does not support 2D to 3D conversion (only the 21:9 Gold can do that - it's the only 7000 product with that feature).

Where did you read that?

Can you please post a link to the source!

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Toengel

Many thanks for trying to help - my research came from :-

http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.c..._TV/index.html

I had seen your comments on this site about 21:9 Gold but as you can see, the Philips page says the Series 7000 TV's can convert, not just a specific model so I went ahead and bought.

Was I misled or will the 7606 ever convert on the fly after a firmware upgrade - I think the TV is great but feeling a little sore as I was going to go with the LG which does convert on the fly but went with Philips because of my research and the official Philips press release.

Thanks again for your help.

wivenhoe

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Philips posted here in the forum that 2D to 3D conversion depends on software AND hardware... so 7000 series will not get an update...

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Toengel

Whilst it may may be posted here that it depends on software AND hardware, that is not what the press release said and continues to say - have Philips misled people. I say again that I am very pleased with the TV but I do feel misled - how other way is there to read the press release on an official Philips website - one purely intended to sell all Series 7000 TV and not just a particular model.

I fully appreciate that you are being informative but that doesn't help me in the fact I bought a TV after being reassured that it would convent and I am now being told it won't.

Thanks again for your input - please let Philips know that their webpages are misleading !!

Wivenhoe

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I fully agree - and I hope they will read this thread and the link above!

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    OMG! I'm so angry right now! I too was mislead by Philips into believing that the 7000 series can do 2D to 3D conversion! I just bought a Philips 42PFL7676H/12 and it can't convert any 2D into 3D! I am stunned because I saw a video on Philips website not on SOME website clearly claiming that the 7000 series with Easy 3D has a 2D-3D video converter. Here's the video I saw: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJoCojRTDas
    It's the same video I saw on Philips only, it's hosted on Youtube. This video clearly was made for the Easy 3D (passive 3D glasses) which is only supported by the 7000 series. At minute 0:37 it clearly claims that it can convert 2D into 3D!!! OMG!

This must be addressed and fixed in the next firmware as I feel cheated. Not fixing this, would make me think twice about buying other Philips products in the future and no one wants to lose a customer or to make one angry, believe me Philips.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

this video does NOT describe Easy3D (passive 3D) - it't for 3D MAX (shutter 3D technology)! It's written in the video - see the 3D MAX logo! So the title is wrong (but Philips does not post it). The 3D MAX TVs support 2D to 3D conversion...

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    What are you talking about? You can clearly see in the video that the glasses are passive. Passive glasses are 3D Easy! If you're still in denial, here's exactly where I found the video about the 3D Easy that claims to support 2D to 3D conversion: http://www.philips.co.uk/c/televisio...92/cat/#/range
    Scroll down until you reach the "7000 Series Smart LED 3D TV" and click on the Easy 3D and tell me what you understand after watching that video. Don't tell you don't get the impression that the 7000 series support 2D to 3D conversion.

Here's another link for you: http://pulse.philips.com/blog/2011/0...-center-stage/
    3D Easy with passive glasses is found only on 7000 series! IT CLEARLY states that it can convert 2D to 3D! It doesn't say anywhere that ONLY 3D Max has a converter. This is outrageous! There is no excuse for this.

Further more I think this link right here is more than enough: http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.c..._TV/index.html
    to show that Philips intentionally mislead and tricked people into believing that the 7000 series have a converter.

Few days ago I ordered an LG 42LW5500 which has 2D-3D conversion, then I saw this 42PFL7676H and canceled the LG so I could order the Philips instead! I got scammed of almost 1000 Euros! Don't try to tell me it's my fault because it's not!

I DEMAND in the next firmware update to add a converter from 2D to 3D because this is WHY I bought this TV.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wivenhoe View Post
    Toengel

Many thanks for trying to help - my research came from :-

http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.c..._TV/index.html

I had seen your comments on this site about 21:9 Gold but as you can see, the Philips page says the Series 7000 TV's can convert, not just a specific model so I went ahead and bought.

Was I misled or will the 7606 ever convert on the fly after a firmware upgrade - I think the TV is great but feeling a little sore as I was going to go with the LG which does convert on the fly but went with Philips because of my research and the official Philips press release.

Thanks again for your help.

wivenhoe

We should think about suing Philips, it's a WIN-WIN situation. They clearly tricked buyers into thinking that the 7000 series comes with a 2D-3D converter.
    This is the ONLY reason I bought this model. If I knew from the start that it doesn't have a converter, I would have bought another TV.

I was also tricked into believing that the 42PFL7676H/12 has a function of USB Recording which I can not find anywhere!
    In the leaflet it clearly shows that it has a function to record from USB: http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...12_pss_ron.pdf
    You can see that on the second page, bottom-right corner.
    Last edited by tremmere; 12-12-2011 at 02:29 PM.

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

first link: yeah, I think the video is not the right linked one - it's for 3D MAX models, as you can see the 3D MAX logo

second link: this post is about Easy 3D and 3D Max // "Converting 2D to 3D: Philips introduces real-time 2D-to-3D conversion in selected 3D TVs. " - selected TVs...

third link: yes - it's wrong what's written there regarding the conversion

Toengel@Alex

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tremmere View Post
    42PFL7676H/12 has a function of USB Recording
    Hi,

IP-EPG is necessary for USB recording...

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

IP-EPG is necessary for USB recording...

Toengel@Alex
    I don't even know what that is BUT my question for you is, Are you a Philips employee? Because if not, no offense but I wasn't looking for pat-downs on my shoulder from you nor any other member. I was only hopeful that someone working for Philips could respond directly.

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 99.6%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tremmere View Post
    I don't even know what that is BUT my question for you is, Are you a Philips employee? Because if not, no offense but I wasn't looking for pat-downs on my shoulder from you nor any other member. I was only hopeful that someone working for Philips could respond directly.
    Hi

You need IP-EPG and therefore Internet Connection on the TV to create USB Recordings.
    So, nothing different to Toengels post...

Regards
    Thomas

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi

You need IP-EPG and therefore Internet Connection on the TV to create USB Recordings.
    So, nothing different to Toengels post...

Regards
    Thomas
    Thank you for responding Thomas. I don't really know what the IP-EPG is but I was hoping that the USB Recording is a function that can record TV shows and stuff on my memory stick. Anyway the topic of this thread is the 2D to 3D conversion which was claimed by Philips to be available in the 7000 series but is not present in my 42PFL7676H/12 TV.
    Please add this feature in the next firmware update as I feel mislead and scammed. I want to continue to remain a Philips customer because this TV isn't my first Philips product. I'm a long time Philips consumer and I was always satisfied with my Philips products until this TV which is the only reason I registered on this forum.
    I want to remain a Philips customer, I want to be fully satisfied by this TV. I hope the next firmware will include a 2D to 3D converter.

Thank you.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast