• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 247
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi

Sorry but as written before by Toengel, 2d to 3D is nothing to be integrated by Firmware.
    The TV's will not get this Feature by an Update. This Feature is only for the 21:9 Gold.

Regards
    Thomas
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Thomas View Post
    Hi

Sorry but as written before by Toengel, 2d to 3D is nothing to be integrated by Firmware.
    The TV's will not get this Feature by an Update. This Feature is only for the 21:9 Gold.

Regards
    Thomas

It's not like it would be a bonus feature. It would be like a FIX feature because Philips scammed us and lied to us customers that the 7000 series can convert 2D into 3D.

http://www.digitalnewsroom.philips.c..._TV/index.html

Presentation videos for the 7000 series also claimed that it can convert 2D into 3D!

Please forward this issue to your superiors as it won't be forgotten by me and all others who feel tricked. Philips is obliged to fix this by adding a 2D to 3D converter and take responsibility for this like any other major company would do, otherwise Philips will lose customers and could even be sued against.

I'm not the only one in this situation, there are many who bought this TV because they were lied that it will do something that it doesn't do. Are you aware that if we decide to sue Philips, we will win 100%?
    Last edited by tremmere; 12-12-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I forgot (don't know why as it is so important) to say earlier that prior to placing my order I spoke to a Philips support agent and specifically asked if the 7606 would convert on the fly - he put me on hold whilst he asked his technical support and confirmed that it would, albeit obviously not to the same level as a 3d video / movie - clearly there is something wrong when the official Philips website and the Philips staff are misleading purchasers. I was also re-assured by the fact that the 7606 shares the same hardware / panel as the LG which does provide conversion on the fly. If LG can configure the hardware why can't Philips but why they can ?

Could someone please tell me who in Philips I need to contact to discuss this problem and a resolution - as said before I really like the TV but do feel short changed having researched the matter and discussed it with a Philips agent.

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    At least someone should forward this to Philips superiors. Since this Philips TV was based on the LG Cinema TV which can convert 2D to 3D, this model hardware speaking it should be able to convert 2D into 3D, it's only a software limitation.
    Anyway if this isn't fixed, this will definitely be my last Philips product, ever. Like I said, I bought this TV specifically for 2 reasons: Passive 3D, 2D to 3D conversion. I don't really want to be disappointed now because I never was disappointed in Philips until now. All my past Philips products were great.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 555
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

sure - the panel can display 3D content. But as Philips already stated is, that for the conversion additional hardware capabilites are needed. Maybe the standard 7000 series don't have enough memory for the conversion calculations or the processing power is to few...

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Two days ago my friend has bought 47PFL7666H. The choice was between LG and Philips. But Philips has Ambilight, and it has been bought. Аfter purchase it has appeared that in the TV isn't present 2D-3D converting though on sites with the description of the TV it almost everywhere is specified. It was the big disappointment. I also was going to buy 47PFL7666H or 47PFL7606H in January but if by then in an insertion there will be no converting 2D-3D, purchase LG 47LW575s. Between Ambilight and 2D-3D I will choose the second.
    (...excuse for my English)

Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Vladislav View Post
    Two days ago my friend has bought 47PFL7666H. The choice was between LG and Philips. But Philips has Ambilight, and it has been bought. Аfter purchase it has appeared that in the TV isn't present 2D-3D converting though on sites with the description of the TV it almost everywhere is specified. It was the big disappointment. I also was going to buy 47PFL7666H or 47PFL7606H in January but if by then in an insertion there will be no converting 2D-3D, purchase LG 47LW575s. Between Ambilight and 2D-3D I will choose the second.
    (...excuse for my English)
    +100500

Silver Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Maybe it's a hardware limitation, I don't now, but in this case, if Philips advertise de conversion 2D/3D on the fly, Philips should produce new capable hardware.
    The panel (DISPLAY LG LC420EUF-SDF1) that Philips use could be the same that LG uses, but the rest of de hardware, is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

sure - the panel can display 3D content. But as Philips already stated is, that for the conversion additional hardware capabilites are needed. Maybe the standard 7000 series don't have enough memory for the conversion calculations or the processing power is to few...

Toengel@Alex
    Last edited by Manuel; 12-22-2011 at 09:58 AM.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    hi
    i also bought this tv after being told twice, once by email and then again by service agent that 2d to 3d was a feature of this tv.
    so i bought the 55 inch version, and of course this does not work,,,,this is disgusting service by phillips and i too feel cheated !!

this is the email i received, i still have it as proof !

"Dear Mr Taylor,

Thank you for your e-mail concerning your Philips TV.

I have looked into this for you and the TV that you are looking to purchase does have 2d to 3d conversion. The TV also has 400hz to stop motion issues. The only time you may get issues with motion is when you are playing C.O.D on-line because of your connection or the hosts connection.

If you do need any further assistance I am always happy to help you. Our email department is open 7 days a week (Weekdays until 8pm). You can also call us or chat with us online (Mon-Sat).

Mr Taylor, you may receive a short survey about our interaction and the advice that I have given today. I would be grateful if you can fill it in as it will help me to improve the service I provide.

Kind Regards,

Duncan Kabitto
    Philips Customer Care"

as i say i also hae the transcript of the service agent confirming the same thing !!!! complete lies !!!!

so thomas / phillips ....... what are you going to do about this ??

i await your reply ........

regards

lee taylor

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Reclame Code Commissie

(NL)Beste mensen,

Het lijkt mij dat dit een zaak is voor de Reclame Code Commissie.
    Misschien is het verstandig dat we ons tot hen gaan wenden aangezien er wel duidelijk is gezegd op de philips site dat de 3D-easy 7000 modellen 2D naar 3D conversie zou hebben (real-time / on the fly).

Ook ik heb me daardoor laten lijden naar goed speurwerk op internet. Ondanks dat de LG voor mij goedkoper zou zijn maar mijn ervaring met Philips producten altijd goed is geweest toch gekozen voor het model 37PFL7606H/12. Echter kwam ik er al snel achter dat de conversie nog niet actief was. Omdat ik vandaag nieuwschierig was wanneer dit wel ging gebeuren maar even gaan zoeken, en wat lees ik tot mijn verbazing dat dit niet meer gaat gebeuren.

Ik vind het jammer dat Philips dit zo heeft aangepakt. En hoop dat hier iets aan gedaan kan worden.

(EN)Dear people,

I think this is a case for the Reclame Code Commissie (Advertising Code Committee from the Netherlands).
    Perhaps it is helpfull for us to turn us to them, because there is clearly stated on the philips website that the 3D-Easy models 7000 would have 2D to 3D conversion (real time / on the fly).

I to have them let mislead me by searching the perfect 3D TV on the internet. Although the LG would be cheaper for me but my experience with Philips products always has bin great I have chosen for the model 37PFL7606H/12. However, I soon discovered that the conversion is not yet active. Because today I was curious if this was going to happen so I decided to search again, and what I read to my surprise that this is not going to happen.

I am sorry to see that Philips has tackled it this way. Also do I hope that they will solve this.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Dijako - how do we get Philips to respond to the way we have been misled, and others continue to be so. Perhaps they will pay more attention if we involve Dutch authorities. Can you help in finding how we may do this ?

Regards

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I am soo happy to see that I am not the only one who thourght that my new Philips 47pfl7666 had 2D-3D conversion...

This is a topic that Philips need to adjust ... and off cource this is possible with an software-update !

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    i want all of us here, affected by this, especially those of you who are living in europe, to address this issue, and to head to your philips dealers, and tell them that we will take this issue to court, if it is necessary, i was too mislead , and i also chose the philips over the lg which i so much regret now, since 2d to 3d conversion is a must for me, please do not sit still on this issue, we need a response from philips and as soon as possible,,,,

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Thomas why don't you answer us!!! we want to hear an explanation from philips.....

Silver Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hey, calm down! You're coming off extremely rude!

Except that one press release, I read nowhere that the 7000 series supports 2D/3D conversion.

I think you and the Philips support mean 2 different things by "conversion".
    You think of "conversion = creating depth from flat 2D material", for the support and data sheet "conversion = convert Side-by-side /top-bottom material into interlaced material"

This 2D/3D switch you see is not for activating/deactivating conversion, but an option to watch Side-by-Side material in 2D without glasses.

If this 2D/3D conversion feature is really so important to you (I'm not convinced of the results anyway), just return the TV!
    But this is something you can only fix with your dealer!

Thank you.
    Last edited by matthias; 01-13-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast