Bronze Member
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    dear Mr. Matthias,
    well for calling me rude, beleive me it's rude to call me rude, while you don't even know me
    but anyway, well my purchase was based on that press release (after all it is from philips) and also based on the fact that the tv is based on the lg lw6500 which i was told by the dealer that it converts from normal 2d viewing to 3d viewing with glasses..so he told this tv is sure to do so.. but he didn;t know in his mind, i think he was guessing,anyway, i can't return the tv, the dealer doesn't return it.
    matthias i love philips, you know? i live in a country where everything is lg and samsung, philips has a very low marketshare here, but beleive i search for their products and wait for them and for the accessories, i don't want to name to you, how many philips products do i have at home, let be the home theatre to the ipod dock , to the sensotouch 3d , to my wife's epilator, beleive i love philips, but i was let down by this thing , just like other who wrote in this forum,,,

thank you

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,111
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by abuelzouz View Post
    and also based on the fact that the tv is based on the lg lw6500
    Hi,

since when do Philips TVs base on LG TVs? Philips is using display panels from LGD (LG Displays). But this is the only thing they have common from my point of view... But correct me, if I'm wrong...

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    "The 3D experience on Philips 7606 is very similar to that of LG’s Cinema 3D TVs such as the LW6500.The two TVs use the same passive 3DTV panel from LG so that is not a huge surprise..."

i found this on a well respected review site called: http://www.flatpanelshd.com/review.p...&id=1316001274

well beside that i am not an engineer so i don't know other components of the tv if they are based on any other tv, but in my referral to this i was only talking about the passive 3d experience demonstrated by the lg panel used by philips in both tvs....

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 1,111
    Overall activity: 67.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

well - the panel is the same. But maybe, the Philips 7000 series does not have the right/sufficient processing hardware for the 2D/3D conversion feature. And as Philips (Thomas) said, it does also depend on hardware.

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hey all, i just noticed that the press release from philips doesn't say that the 7000 series can convert 2d to 3d ANYMORE .... Hahahahaha, way to go philips way to go..they seem to have deleted the part saying that information ....isn't that interesting guys?

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 42
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

In the spanish Philips web http://www.philips.es/c/television/26288/cat/#/overview, you can choose "more information" on the 3D advert, then appears a special web page related to 3d, http://www.3dtv.philips.com/es%5FES/...rator-low.html, here we can click on "Conversion 2D-3D", after a small flash it appears at the right part of the screen "See all the Philips 3D tv with 2D-3D conversion", if we click appears the web page http://www.philips.es/c/television/2..._3D_TVs%3Dtrue. And here is listed all the 7000 tv series.
    I,m thinking about to get the 37PFL7606H/12 but I want to be sure if it has this feature.

Thanks.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hey all, i just noticed that the press release from philips doesn't say that the 7000 series can convert 2d to 3d ANYMORE .... Hahahahaha, way to go philips way to go..they seem to have deleted the part saying that information ....isn't that interesting guys?
    actually - no - People have pointed Philips to this wrong information a little while ago, and they finally updated it.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank948 View Post
    Hi,
    In the spanish Philips web http://www.philips.es/c/television/26288/cat/#/overview, you can choose "more information" on the 3D advert, then appears a special web page related to 3d, http://www.3dtv.philips.com/es%5FES/...rator-low.html, here we can click on "Conversion 2D-3D", after a small flash it appears at the right part of the screen "See all the Philips 3D tv with 2D-3D conversion", if we click appears the web page http://www.philips.es/c/television/2..._3D_TVs%3Dtrue. And here is listed all the 7000 tv series.
    I,m thinking about to get the 37PFL7606H/12 but I want to be sure if it has this feature.

Thanks.
    Depends on what you mean by 2D-3D conversion.
    If you mean "take a movie with side-by-side or top-bottom stereo and display it interlaced on the philips TV", then yes, the 7000 series supports 3D.

If you mean "take any 2D movie from TV or file and try to extract any information possible to recreate any sort of 3D effect", then No, it's not supported by the 7000 series.

The first link refers to the Cinema Line. AFAIK, this one DOES support the latter feature.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Actually yes mr mathias because many people (including me) were tricked into beleiving that the 7000 series ( the whole 7 series ) converts ( as we normal humans understand ) from 2d to 3d, and by philips (updating) as u call it but i call it ( covering) the information it actually means that they did wrong and as a respected company and a very big one it should fix this with the customers that were fooled by this wrongly information, and by the way who are you ? The company's lawyer or maybe your father owns the company lol... And dont think that by deleting the information from that press release , no one has a copy or a saved file of the OLD press release with the original information as how the 7000 series features the latest technology in converting 2d to 3d

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Please don't get me the wrong way - I fully understand that you are disappointed that the TV you bought doesn't support what was promised.

But again - this is not something you will be able to solve here on the forum, and threatening to sue Philips because of misleading information is like "shooting with guns on sparrows", quite exaggerating and for me at least, it's really annoying because it distracts from real bugs that should be discussed and solved - instead of discussing which features are missing from which series.

At least here in Germany, the law is pretty clear in cases like yours: when you bought it over the internet or by phone, you have 14 days to test it and if you don't like it, return it without any reason and the dealer has to give you a refund. When you buy it in a shop, you have the possibility to extensively test it there and see if it supports your requested features, so you buy it as offered.
    If the dealer has to order it and promised you something he didn't fulfil, he is the one responsible for fixing it. And usually, they are quite accommodating/obliging here, so they normally take the TV back and give you a refund.

I mean, again, I understand you're angry, but there are humans involved and they are bound to make errors. If both sides (you and your dealer) accept this, I'm quite confident, you two can find an agreeable solution. But ranting and solely blaming Philips will not solve your issue.
    I, too, was also reading a lot of articles on the TV before I bought it, and afterwards, for me, it was clear after reading, that it didn't support 2d-3d conversion and there was a mistake in that page.

No, I'm not the company's lawyer, and I wish my father would own it, then I'd probably have the power and/or contacts to convince the responsible persons to spent enough manpower on software development ;-)

I'm a normal Philips user occasionally reading and writing on that forum - I am just annoyed that people not just express their anger (which I fully understand), but that they in addtional bash Philips in the way "they deliberately lied to us, bad Philips, they are cheating, etc.." is something that is not helping and just gets on my nerves. Please also try to understand this. I think there are better things to talk about than just bashing.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Matthias,

I´m sorry but not depend what I mean 2D-3D, if you can see the flash, below the image appears the text "Al separar estas capas es posible añadir profundidad al contenido 2D normal, como los programas de televisión, los DVD y los juegos, y obtener más experiencias en 3D". In spanish is clear because they say "add deep the 2D broadcastings". And now the web is available even what they are saying isn´t true.

Best regards.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank948 View Post
    Hi Matthias,
    if you can see the flash, below the image...
    Sure, but does the Flash talk about the 7000 series?
    From the Aspect Ratio, it looks like they are talking about the Cinema Line TVs, and they Do support that.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

pretty sure, the flash is about 3D technology from Philips, it has a explanation about 3D Easy an 3D Max. It has too an explanation of how the conversion 2D-3D works. After the explanation it appears at the right part of the screen "See all the Philips 3D tv with 2D-3D conversion", if we click appears the web page below. And here is listed all the 7000 tv series, apart of other Phlilips tv. I realize that the image is a Cinema Line but the text is referred to the 3D technology implemented by Philips in general.

http://www.philips.es/c/television/2..._3D_TVs%3Dtrue
    Last edited by Frank948; 01-18-2012 at 06:51 PM.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    frank you are right, it appears as philips has mislead and will continue in this approach, untill someone puts limits for this, if you want to buy the tv , it's a very nice tv but it doesn't support the feature of converting from 2d to 3d, which by the way other manufacturers such as the lg lw6500 does support , and it's cheaper by the way, but if you already bought the tv , well join the club of mislead customers, oh and today i discovered another thing, i also was mislead into beleiving that the 7606 allows for 3d gaming with 2 players full screen, i read that somewhere before i buy and guess what, it doesn't support that feature...another surprise which just made me more angry,,,
    i only wish philips can fix this, they must be able to put a firmware update, for god's sake, i can't return the tv!!!!

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    today i discovered another thing, i also was mislead into beleiving that the 7606 allows for 3d gaming with 2 players full screen, i read that somewhere before i buy and guess what, it doesn't support that feature
    You didn't read carefully enough - Easy3D does support 2player gaming. You need the PTA436 glasses.

3D needs for every eye a different image, so the normal glasses have /-(L)-o-(R)-\ filters.

For dual gaming, you need one glass with /-(L)-o-(L)-\ and one with /-(R)-o-(R)-\ filters.
    You can also make them yourself by cutting and rebuilding any circular polarized 3D cinema glasses in this way.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast