• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Post MCi298/12 (firmware 1.20.1149) doesnít remember settings after a power loss?

Hi All

Iíve just recently got the MCi298 for my small daughter. It looks like the machine is very nice and capable.

First of all I performed first launch, basic set-up, online firmware update, and some tests. Everything went smoothly, without any problems.

Then I moved the MCi298 to my daughterís room. Upon a power-on though, the MCi298 was not able to connect to the Internet. I went to check settings and found that none of them remained. So, I had to go through all the settings again, starting from a network configuration (it was not an initial setup, everything looked like it might have been looked after a factory reset).

I didnít try a power-off once more, but would rather ask here of other userís experiences.

My concern is the following: very seldom, but some small-pulse or even longer interruptions in electricity supply may happen. An internal clock of the MCi298 will/may reset then. Iíve set it up so that it would obtain clock data from the Internet. But if network settings will be lost again, that will not work. As a result Ė alarm function is not reliable.

Please, prove or disprove a fact of losing settings by the MCi298 in case of power loss.

Thanks in advance!

BTW current alarm options are two: a buzzer and a radio. Would it be possible to implement other options in one of the following firmware? It would be very nice to have an opportunity to be awaked by some online radio channel, or something from the USB stick. And Ė yes Ė it would be very nice to have an opportunity to select a radio channel (online or FM) or an audio file from the USB stick. Because of those that could be used as alarm may be quite different than those that could be used as lullaby just night before.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149
    Overall activity: 36.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    My brother in law has this one and I never heard him about this ( he had some other small issues though )

Level completed: 13%, Points required for next Level: 174
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sciagent View Post
    Hi All

I’ve just recently got the MCi298 for my small daughter. It looks like the machine is very nice and capable.

First of all I performed first launch, basic set-up, online firmware update, and some tests. Everything went smoothly, without any problems.

Then I moved the MCi298 to my daughter’s room. Upon a power-on though, the MCi298 was not able to connect to the Internet. I went to check settings and found that none of them remained. So, I had to go through all the settings again, starting from a network configuration (it was not an initial setup, everything looked like it might have been looked after a factory reset).

I didn’t try a power-off once more, but would rather ask here of other user’s experiences.

My concern is the following: very seldom, but some small-pulse or even longer interruptions in electricity supply may happen. An internal clock of the MCi298 will/may reset then. I’ve set it up so that it would obtain clock data from the Internet. But if network settings will be lost again, that will not work. As a result – alarm function is not reliable.

Please, prove or disprove a fact of losing settings by the MCi298 in case of power loss.

Thanks in advance!

BTW current alarm options are two: a buzzer and a radio. Would it be possible to implement other options in one of the following firmware? It would be very nice to have an opportunity to be awaked by some online radio channel, or something from the USB stick. And – yes – it would be very nice to have an opportunity to select a radio channel (online or FM) or an audio file from the USB stick. Because of those that could be used as alarm may be quite different than those that could be used as lullaby just night before.

Perform a factory reset and re-register the device in philips \ welcome. With these two Accona took 2 weeks which has not become the problem of applying the time zone and network configuacion