Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Diamond Member
    Level completed: 42%, Points required for next Level: 814
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience Points25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up Your experiences with FW v0.14.93.0 for 8000, 9000 and 21:9 series (2011 models)

Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

Q555x_x.14.93.0 (Publication date : 2011-12-21)
    • Solution stuttering noise on HDMI.

Important:
    Please perform a COLD REBOOT after updating the firmware (plug out the power cord for 2-3 minutes)!
    Last edited by Philips; 12-22-2011 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Copied cold reboot text, so it is in the 1st post.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

Please share your experiences with this new SW version here in this topic. Channeling your input will make it easier for users to search and find relevant info.

Discuss here all your experiences when upgraded to the new version: new, old, positive, negative...

Toengel@Alex

Q555x_x.14.93.0 (Publication date : 2011-12-21)
    • Solution stuttering noise on HDMI.
    @Toengel: I'm using firmware 14.93 right now, but got problems when using a CI+ module for UPC (The Netherlands). After switching on the TV it takes some time the TV recognizes the CI+ module. Then it works for about 20 minutes and then the screen becomes black. Maybe because there's a bug in re-recognizing the CI+ module? Can you please fix this? After reading the changelog the bug remains in this new firmware. Thanks in advance for a fast solution for this one!
    Last edited by Simon1979; 12-22-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 197
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The sound issue with HDMI seems to be fixed, was not able to reproduce it until now. Hurray!

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience Points25000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

@all

Please also do a COLD REBOOT after updating the firmware (plug out the power cord for 2-3 minutes).

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Is there a difference between power switch and pull the plug?

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinema 21:9 View Post
    Obviously - yes there is. Maybe there is an effect on taking the voltage off from the chipset.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    No difference at all, there are a difference in standby and power off, on "power off sw".
    Hen Tv power on from power Sw (or plug-in power cord), the Tv do a sou call cold start like a computer and make de complet power on sequence, hen came from standby, he jump a few steps.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinema 21:9 View Post

Gold Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks

Question

I've updated to 14.93 today on my Philips Cinema Gold TV. This is not something that only applies to the 14.93 update but it's persistent with 14.93.Every time I start my tv I see the information screen showing the message "undefined" twice on top of each other, the first one somewhat to the left of the second one. Does anybody know what does this means? What is "undefined" and how can I get rid of this message?

The strange thing is my menu language is set to Dutch but this message appears in English, where does it come from? See picture.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1199.jpg 
Views:	379 
Size:	426.5 KB 
ID:	724
    Last edited by bluevoice; 12-22-2011 at 08:30 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    The TV checks (and activates) what components are connected via hdmi-
    as you ca see in your own picture your HTS is not "ready" in this moment (still "starting") so the TV can only recognize an "undefined" component-
    but this changes some seconds later, when your HTS is ready (same with my HTS and my 9956) -
    so wait some seconds and everything should work fine ;-) !?!?
    (system control messages - like this - are always international so in English)
    Last edited by mk81; 12-23-2011 at 06:49 AM.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by mk81 View Post
    The TV checks (and activates) what components are connected via hdmi-
    as you ca see in your own picture your HTS is not "ready" in this moment (still "starting") so the TV can only recognize an "undefined" component-
    but this changes some seconds later, when your HTS is ready (same with my HTS and my 9956) -
    so wait some seconds and everything should work fine ;-) !?!?
    (system control messages - like this - are always international so in English)
    @mk81: thanks for your explanation, I understand now, still one question, do you also see the "undefined" text twice (supraposed with a little space between them) just like on my photo?

I only have 1 HDMI connection (HDMI - ARC) to my HTS. The HTS is also connected to my Apple TV through HDMI.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 157
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I also have some problems with my Philips TV, model number is 52PFL9606H/12 and serial number is VN1E1144002628.

I installed this latest software/firmware (.93) but the problems still exist. The problems concern mostly streaming movies from my USB. It seems like this TV has problems mostly with .mkv format.

I don't understand why the TV can not play .mkv with DTS. Do you think PHILIPS it's possible, that in the future you will fix this problem?

As for my other problems also concerning .mkv files, some of these formats are playable (AC3 audio) but there is no picture, sound is working, but there's no video :/

Another problem is that my subtitles have problems with diacritics, I'm from Czech and some letters simply doesn't show and that's annoying, you can not watch it. Also I can not switch audio (language) in movies, does somebody know how to do this??

My last issue concern the DVD format (.vob). The TV doesn't know how to run a DVD form USB. Maybe in the future drivers?

I beg you PHILIPS, please answer to at least some of my problems. I'm patient and I can wait for the solutions.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Diamond Member
    Achievements:
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

please see the supported codecs (2010 also apply for 2011): http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...TS-and-Blu-ray)

All your answers are listed in that table...

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    @mk81: thanks for your explanation, I understand now, still one question, do you also see the "undefined" text twice (supraposed with a little space between them) just like on my photo?

I only have 1 HDMI connection (HDMI - ARC) to my HTS. The HTS is also connected to my Apple TV through HDMI.
    Yes sometimes the text appears twice overlapping - but I don`t think that this is something to worry about ;-)

Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 143
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Kaalel

Unfortunately, the built-in TV players do not always work well, so they should not count, as in the case of Philips, and even more so. I would advise to use an external media player or HTPC.

The position of Philips with respect to their television sets embedded in the software is puzzling, because to realize a decent player in our time no brainer. Complete disregard for DTS in the TV I do not understand. If you ask any film fans choose which track it while watching a movie, if there is a choice between Dolby Digital and DTS, I can assure you that he will choose the DTS. Number of recent Blu-Ray editions of the tracks in DTS already prevalent than Dolby Digital. But most disappointing is that the cheapest players on the same Philips, for example Philips HMP3000, $ 100 is support for DTS, but in the past top TV models of 2011 for $ 3000 is not even a hint of support for DTS.

Although this could be forgiven them, but why not to pass the DTS via S/PDIF? Is it so difficult to implement the pass of DTS via S/PDIF? Does the license price is so high? Do not believe it! Ideally, the Philips televisions must be implemented pass via S/PDIF all more or less well-known audio formats that fit into the bandwidth limiting S/PDIF, ie 1.5 Mbit/s, and a HDMI-ARC and all heavy HD sound formats like Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio.

It's a shame more then that in the latter Philips TVs there is no analog stereo, which in the example was in 2008 model.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 194
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Because of HDCP and copy right, if a HDMI receiver do not have DTS, the emitter can't send DTS to the receiver, and of course Tv can´t send DTS, if DTS is not supported, heaven pass through.
    I do not understand why Philips do not support DTS on their Tv's, but i think at the moment only Samsung do support DTS, on Tv's. They have and agreement with DTS company.

Quote Originally Posted by yurasek View Post
    Kaalel

Unfortunately, the built-in TV players do not always work well, so they should not count, as in the case of Philips, and even more so. I would advise to use an external media player or HTPC.

The position of Philips with respect to their television sets embedded in the software is puzzling, because to realize a decent player in our time no brainer. Complete disregard for DTS in the TV I do not understand. If you ask any film fans choose which track it while watching a movie, if there is a choice between Dolby Digital and DTS, I can assure you that he will choose the DTS. Number of recent Blu-Ray editions of the tracks in DTS already prevalent than Dolby Digital. But most disappointing is that the cheapest players on the same Philips, for example Philips HMP3000, $ 100 is support for DTS, but in the past top TV models of 2011 for $ 3000 is not even a hint of support for DTS.

Although this could be forgiven them, but why not to pass the DTS via S/PDIF? Is it so difficult to implement the pass of DTS via S/PDIF? Does the license price is so high? Do not believe it! Ideally, the Philips televisions must be implemented pass via S/PDIF all more or less well-known audio formats that fit into the bandwidth limiting S/PDIF, ie 1.5 Mbit/s, and a HDMI-ARC and all heavy HD sound formats like Dolby TrueHD or DTS-HD Master Audio.

It's a shame more then that in the latter Philips TVs there is no analog stereo, which in the example was in 2008 model.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast