Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    @bluevoice
    Things like that can happen sometimes (since your Tv is like a small PC...) -
    just start yout TV again.

Format is not always recognized and filled correctly (21:9) so that you have to change border adjustment within one broadcast...and moreover when you change the channel/broadcast the boarder adjustment is def. too high... Maybe this silly thing is updateable... (I know, that this can also depend on the broadcast station) !?!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG5522.JPG 
Views:	146 
Size:	472.5 KB 
ID:	758

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG5523.JPG 
Views:	138 
Size:	455.1 KB 
ID:	759
    Last edited by mk81; 01-07-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestraw View Post
    With local dimming switched 'off', does anyone else see some slight added brighness on the left / right screen edges? It's only visible on certain medium-intensity backgrounds, but definitely there for me. When I turn local dimming on, it becomes hardly visible.
    I keep local dimming on my 52PFL9606 always at "Standard" and yes - I can spot a slightly brighter zones(~2-3cm) alongside the left and right edges of the screen. Hardly noticeable, happens only when material is of medium contrast.
    Will test with local dimming set to "Off" and write back.

PS. Just found this new thread: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ing-46PFL6606H Nearly the same issue but with EDGE LED screen of 6606. Interesting!
    Last edited by zlatko; 01-06-2012 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Adding info.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 196
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I agree with that other thread - looks like a s/w fault to me. Since much of the time it's fine, and it gets better / worse depending on the settings for local dimming, it feels like there is something wrong in the code that controls the lighting. At least it's not a hardware fault - hope the next firmware update can fix it.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 152
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi all,

installed 14.93.0 on 40PFL8608K, no problems to report.

Kind rgds,
    Thomas

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I installed 14.93.0 on 46PFL8606H/12, still 2 issues:

-Flashing backlight or large areas are lit from top to the bottom area of the screen (usually after several minutes when you switched on the tv)

-Perfect natural motion is "on" after restart of the tv (it schould be "of" because in the settings it is displayed as "disabled")

Regards,
    Bert
    Last edited by Bert; 01-07-2012 at 10:01 PM.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 426
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Guys,

Maybe any of you can help or at least confirm this. My setup consists of a Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956H/12) and the Philips HTS 8562/12. The HTS is connected to the TV with the Philips HDMI-cable SWV3432S High Speed.

My TV always crashes / reboots when I start the HTS and also very often when I change the sources (from HDMI - ARC to EXT to USB) on the HTS. I see a small flickering and a quick green flash and then the tv goes black and the Philps logo comes on screen.

The problem is all settings go back to standard:
    - picture setting goes from personal to standaard
    - PNM gets back on
    - picture format goes back to auto-fill (top most option)
    - Easylink between TV and HTS is broken and HTS can't find any attached HDMI devices when searching for devices for audio mapping.

The thing is, the crashes also happen when the tv is in standby (with the led burning red on the TV) and I just turn on the HTS. I see the Philips logo coming on the screen and the TV goes back to standby.

I called Philips support and last week a technician replaced the SSB board (mainboard) of my tv with the new one, but the resets / crashes / reboots still happen. The technician said that he can't do anything more in my case and that this should be a software problem that must be corrected by Philips.

I tried different things:
    - unplugged the USB hard drive that I use for USB recordings
    - changed HDMI cables (tried 4 different ones)
    - I used a different AC outlet for the TV
    - used other HDMI connection than HDMI - ARC
    nothing helped, the tv keeps crashing and I don't know where to look anymore.
    - changed video output on the HTS from 'Automatic' to '1080p/24' to '1080p'.

Is it a software or a hardware problem and is it the tv that causes the problem (because this is the device that crashes) or could it be the HTS?

Any of your suggestions would be appreciated!
    Last edited by bluevoice; 01-09-2012 at 08:14 AM.

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    Guys,

Maybe any of you can help or at least confirm this. My setup consists of a Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956H/12) and the Philips HTS 8562/12. The HTS is connected to the TV with the Philips HDMI-cable SWV3432S High Speed.

My TV always crashes / reboots when I start the HTS and also very often when I change the sources (from HDMI - ARC to EXT to USB) on the HTS. I see a small flickering and a quick green flash and then the tv goes black and the Philps logo comes on screen.

The problem is all settings go back to standard:
    - picture setting goes from personal to standaard
    - PNM gets back on
    - picture format goes back to auto-fill (top most option)
    - Easylink between TV and HTS is broken and HTS can't find any attached HDMI devices when searching for devices for audio mapping.

The thing is, the crashes also happen when the tv is in standby (with the led burning red on the TV) and I just turn on the HTS. I see the Philips logo coming on the screen and the TV goes back to standby.

I called Philips support and last week a technician replaced the SSB board (mainboard) of my tv with the new one, but the resets / crashes / reboots still happen. The technician said that he can't do anything more in my case and that this should be a software problem that must be corrected by Philips.

I tried different things:
    - unplugged the USB hard drive that I use for USB recordings
    - changed HDMI cables (tried 4 different ones)
    - I used a different AC outlet for the TV
    - used other HDMI connection than HDMI - ARC

Is it a software or a hardware problem and is it the tv that causes the problem (because this is the device that crashes) or could it be the HTS?

Any of your suggestions would be appreciated!
    Hi,
    in my opinion it is a software issue. Which FW do you have installed on your HTS?
    i have connected HTS9221 to 46pfl9706 and i donīt have crashes/ reboots when the HTS starts. But i still have occasional reboots of the TV. These crashes/reboots doesnīt occure that often like with FW 14.84 but every other day there is a reboot.

Have you tried to unplug the TV from the power socket for a few minutes?
    Best regards

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DerShortyy View Post
    Hi,
    in my opinion it is a software issue. Which FW do you have installed on your HTS?
    i have connected HTS9221 to 46pfl9706 and i donīt have crashes/ reboots when the HTS starts. But i still have occasional reboots of the TV. These crashes/reboots doesnīt occure that often like with FW 14.84 but every other day there is a reboot.

Have you tried to unplug the TV from the power socket for a few minutes?
    Best regards
    On the HTS I have the latest software available installed version 1.27.

Yes I tried that and I learned that it helps to restore some of the preset settings on the TV but not all of them, but the resets still occur.

There is something strange going on, the TV only crashes when the tv is set to the same video input source for the HTS (say HDMI 1). When it's set to 'watch tv' it doesn't crash at HTS startup. Now I can trigger a reset manually by changing the source on the TV from 'Watch TV' to HDMI 1 (or whatever other connection the HTS is connected to).

DerShortyy
    On the HTS I have the latest software available installed version 1.27.

Yes I tried that and I learned that it helps to restore some of the preset settings on the TV but not all of them, but the resets still occur.

There is something strange going on, the TV only crashes when the tv is set to the same video input source for the HTS (say HDMI 1). When it's set to 'watch tv' it doesn't crash at HTS startup. Now I can trigger a reset manually by changing the source on the TV from 'Watch TV' to HDMI 1 (or whatever other connection the HTS is connected to).
    This is strange, indeed! And with other FW Versions of the TV you didnīt have these issues, right? Easylink Options are on both devices enabled? Can you see all HTS Menus in your TVīs Menu? Sometimes i can only see the Configuration Menu of the HTS but not the others like HTS-NETTV, HTS-ipod etc.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    This is strange, indeed! And with other FW Versions of the TV you didnīt have these issues, right? Easylink Options are on both devices enabled? Can you see all HTS Menus in your TVīs Menu? Sometimes i can only see the Configuration Menu of the HTS but not the others like HTS-NETTV, HTS-ipod etc.
    I did have issues with all previous firmware versions. I think the tv was on 14.79 or 14.80 when I purchased the HTS. So is this a bug that was always there?

Yes Easylink options are enabled on both devices and most time I can see all HTS menu's in the TV menu. Sometimes I can only see one option 'HTS disc player'.

Could there be someting wrong with the video signals transmitted by the HTS that make the TV crash or with the video processing on the TV, that can't handle the input?

Or could it be because of the Easylink? HTS trying to turn on the tv while the TV is already on resulting in a crash / reboot?

I have no clue where to look anymore

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 161
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestraw View Post
    I agree with that other thread - looks like a s/w fault to me. Since much of the time it's fine, and it gets better / worse depending on the settings for local dimming, it feels like there is something wrong in the code that controls the lighting. At least it's not a hardware fault - hope the next firmware update can fix it.
    This problem already existed on the 46PFL6606 with the july 2011 firmware. Didn't change when I updated to the december 2011 firmware (don't remember the exact version numbers). Did anyone notice it on these 8000/9000 21:9 screens before?

It feels like the backlight is not the problem, but increased transparency of the LCD at the edges is (perhaps overcompensating the fact that some tv's have less LED-illumination at the left and right edge?)

At least it feels like something like this is going on in the software. I still don't know whether I have to return my tv; still don't know for sure if my 46PFL6606 has a hardware issue or if this is a general software issue (which just happens to annoy me more than the average tv owner

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I installed 14.93.0 on 46PFL8606H/12, still 2 issues:

-Flashing backlight or large areas are lit from top to the bottom area of the screen (usually after several minutes when you switched on the tv)

-Perfect natural motion is "on" after restart of the tv (it schould be "of" because in the settings it is displayed as "disabled")

Regards,
    Bert
    +1
    -Flashing backlight with 3D movies

-Perfect natural motion is "on" after 3D movies (shown of on the screen but is active)

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    I now believe my reset / reboot / crash issue is related to Easylink.

If I disable the Easylink Standby function on the HTS the tv doesn't crash on HTS startup anymore. Still If I disable only this function and keep other Easylink functions like Easylink Auto-on on, the TV keeps crashing when I change the source on the HTS to i.e. Radio.

Is there anyone that has all Easylink functions on both TV and HTS on and can confirm this behaviour? I'm asking to be sure that this is not a hardware problem om my TV or HTS.

DerShortyy
    I now believe my reset / reboot / crash issue is related to Easylink.

If I disable the Easylink Standby function on the HTS the tv doesn't crash on HTS startup anymore. Still If I disable only this function and keep other Easylink functions like Easylink Auto-on on, the TV keeps crashing when I change the source on the HTS to i.e. Radio.

Is there anyone that has all Easylink functions on both TV and HTS on and can confirm this behaviour? I'm asking to be sure that this is not a hardware problem om my TV or HTS.
    Hi blue,
    what did Juan told you in his PM?
    Because of the fact i have enabled easlink-auto-on and the TV doesnīt crash, iīm afraid that there is a hardware problem/incompatibility on your devices.

With my 46pfl9706 and the HTS9221 i have sometimes audio drop outs, most of the time when i turn on the devices and the TV starts the connection. To solve this issue i have to change channels.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi blue,
    what did Juan told you in his PM?
    Because of the fact i have enabled easlink-auto-on and the TV doesnīt crash, iīm afraid that there is a hardware problem/incompatibility on your devices.
    He told me this could be a chicken - egg problem, either a HTS or a TV problem. He told me he would pass my findings to the audio division for further investigation.

@ DerShorty: my problem is reproducible like this: turn all Easylink features ON on both TV and HTS (for sound set the TV Sound on Easylink Autostart). On the HTS set the Audio mapping on TV - HDMI-ARC and save this setting. Now if the TV is set to 'watch tv' the following will happen: tv gets on, starts HTS, sound goes through HTS. So far so good, now if I change the source on the TV to HDMI1 (the HTS connection) --> BOOM!!! reset and all settings are lost.

A second way to reproduce the problem is:
    Start the TV on HDMI1 connection (is says 'No video signal'). Start HTS and --> BOOM!!! reboot again and all settings, especially the Easylink ones are gone. If I go back to HTS the Easylink volume control is turned off and the HTS can't find any connected HDMI devices when scanning for devices to save on Audio-mapping again.

With my 46pfl9706 and the HTS9221 i have sometimes audio drop outs, most of the time when i turn on the devices and the TV starts the connection. To solve this issue i have to change channels.
    I can confirm this issue, I'm having it too. Sometimes playing with the volume also helps, sometimes only changing the channel helps. Seems to be a problem related to the CI module authentification (I'm using a CI+ module from UPC).

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast