Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    @ DerShorty: my problem is reproducible like this: turn all Easylink features ON on both TV and HTS (for sound set the TV Sound on Easylink Autostart). On the HTS set the Audio mapping on TV - HDMI-ARC and save this setting. Now if the TV is set to 'watch tv' the following will happen: tv gets on, starts HTS, sound goes through HTS. So far so good, now if I change the source on the TV to HDMI1 (the HTS connection) --> BOOM!!! reset and all settings are lost.

A second way to reproduce the problem is:
    Start the TV on HDMI1 connection (is says 'No video signal'). Start HTS and --> BOOM!!! reboot again and all settings, especially the Easylink ones are gone. If I go back to HTS the Easylink volume control is turned off and the HTS can't find any connected HDMI devices when scanning for devices to save on Audio-mapping again.
    I have seen your youtube video about that issue, its 100% reproducable! User born_trippy in this thread: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...odels%29/page6 seems to have a similar issue like you with his blu ray player

Maybe you can take your HTS to a retailer and ask him if you could check the HDMI connection on a different Philips TV set. That will clarify if your HTS is the "fiend" or if it is related to your TV. Maybe you can also test it with the same TV set like you have. I know you´re no Philips-Tester, but what else could you do...
    Last edited by DerShortyy; 01-10-2012 at 10:59 AM. Reason: adding info

Gold Member
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DerShortyy View Post
    I have seen your youtube video about that issue, its 100% reproducable! User born_trippy in this thread: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...odels%29/page6 seems to have a similar issue like you with his blu ray player

Maybe you can take your HTS to a retailer and ask him if you could check the HDMI connection on a different Philips TV set. That will clarify if your HTS is the "fiend" or if it is related to your TV. Maybe you can also test it with the same TV set like you have. I know you´re no Philips-Tester, but what else could you do...
    This is a good idea, thanks! I'll contact the Philips repair centre involved and ask them if they have any of the 2011 models available and allow me to do some testing.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi please have a look here and vote for this poll:

Quote Originally Posted by plazmagod View Post
    What i really need in philips player is:
    1. Usable rewind function. There is nothing worse than waiting for rewind, not being able to move to a specific position.
    2. Reading external and internal subtitles of any kind.
    3. Switching audio-channels.
    I'm perfectly aligned with this request, and trust me this is really a MUST have a TV.
    In addition please fix/add:

4. The on screen channel info is not usable. It is not possible to black all the screen to show the channel info. No other TV brand do something similar, the answer is simple it is ugly to see and not useful. I would suggest to implement something similar to this. Also Shortcut key to the info. It's really, really, really stupid having to go to options, then scroll all the way down the info, to just then open it. Info MUST be something dynamic. An old 42PFL3604 has a dedicated button to it. Can't understand why on earth this one doesn't. Suggestion: Remap the colored buttons. One for quick audio selection, other for info, and other for EPG.

5. Possibility to play a movie, stop, shutdown the TV then when the user goes to mediaplayer and open the same movie the system ask: "Would you like to play from the point where you stopped?". This is a small feature witha great impact on usability. Fast-Foward aswell is a good idea.

6. The TV guide (EPG) is not working as it should. If I use the Internet TV guide it takes too much time to download the schedule, it is not an internet issue (I have a 20 Mbit/s). Also using the TV guide of the broadcast it takes too much time to download it and moreover it doesn't show the TV channel in a small window. My suggestion is to implement an automatical background download (e.g everyday) while you are waching the channel so that when the user press the button automatically shows the guide (it is already in the TV). Every other tv that i saw so far works like that. Again, this is a dynamic feature, having to wait a few minutes while the tv searches for the broadcasted EPG makes it completely pointless. With respect to the TV guide layout of the broadcast TV guide the score is: unusable please have a look to this. It is not difficult to implement it and it is really better.

7. SW update using the softwareupdate function throught "Internet" doesn't work and have not being working from the beginning. Why?

To all the people in this thread, if you agree (or disagree) with my request then vote this poll to show to Philips that it is not a single request but a joint request of all Philips TV buyers.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Is it me, or has the software update 93 also changed something for the background dimming. I never noticed the dimming, now I see the lights going on and off, sometimes its like a disco. Sometimes you see it like a wave going from side to side. So I disabled local dimming to standard.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I was said by philips technical support that any standard wireless keyboard could be use with the 9706. However, none of my 2 BT dongles have been recognize by the TV: neither the keysonic dongle nor the conceptronic one.
    Any chance or way to add those codecs in a next release?

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by DerShortyy View Post
    This evening it happend again,after the TV was stable the whole time,it shut down automatic after 2hours. I can't reproduce because This ist the first time after i updated 2weeks ago.
    Can anybody confirm ?
    Yesterday it happend again. Started watching TV at 19.07 CET and the TV went to STANDBY at 21.07.
    I didn´t switched the channel the whole time. Just raised and lowered the volume from time to time and had a look in the IP-EPG.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Hello PHILIPS.

Is there any solution to the issue of glasses PTA516 buzz? The noise is very annoying.

thanks

Goole Translator

Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Philips,

I have a 52PFL9606 (KW48, FW updated to 0.14.93.0) which I chose due to many reasons (picture quality of the shop's model, design, european enineering and manufaturing). I was thinking that at this price I would get a high end product and therefore I expected that its features work.

Unfortunately, this seems to be not the case. After using it two weeks my wife's statement is 'Why don't we bring it back to the dealer?' And if the problems contiune I have to do it. Maybe, all/most of them are only SW issues.

Here the most disappointing issues:

Here are the problems that we are facing:
    1) The TV has visible DSE (Dirty-screen-effect)
    2) In nearly dark and regular pictures there are equally spaced horizontal lines (approx number is 44) that are ~1pixel high (can also be easily seen on the EPG background and I do not refer to color banding) The lines do not move if I choose a different zoom.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1100851.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	773
    3) It reboots sporadically
    4) recording regularly fails
    5) yesterday I was not able to bring the TV to standby. Screen went black but HDD stil powered and TV programm appeared imediately after pressing 'Power' on the remote (no 'PHILIPS' appeared). The problem persisted also after turning the Power button on the back of the TV off for some minutes. Turning the power button off over night resolved it
    6) Menus are very slow sometimes, e.g. in the picture settings when pressing 'right' the menu marker takes some seconds to follow (sometimes in slow motion)
    7) EPG does not work many times (even waiting two minutes after power on)
    8) Once after power on there was only sound and Ambilight but no picture (had to power on/off many times to resolve it)
    9) After recording TV in the night the HDD is still powered in the morning and TV seems to be not in standby
    10) DLNA crashes very often and most of the time does not find the server
    11) PauseTV does not work sometimes
    12) PHILIPS logo does either not appear after wake-up from standby or it appears twice
    13) When I connect my amplifier via SCART to the TV I do not get sound from the TV. The manual does not state clearly if the TV has analog sound outputs on the scart.

So, I took the time to write these issues down because I'm really getting angry when 'using' the TV.

Please, give feedback AT LEAST FOR ISSUES 1-4 and answer item 13.

Thanks,

Markus
    Last edited by Desperate; 01-12-2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: added picture

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon1979 View Post
    Hi, is there also a solution for visible artefacts on the other models than 46PFL9706 (I have 37PFL9606). Perfect Natural Motion (PNM) is still active after restart of the TV even if it is disabled in the image settings menu. You have to enable and disable it every time the TV has been started to turn the feature off (until the next restart).

It is very annoying! The feature creates very strange artefacts on fast moving objects so I have to turn if off every time I want to watch TV.

Also, my 37PFL9606 needs time to recognize my CI+ module for UPC (DVB-C). It constantly says "coded channel". After 10 seconds (average) I see picture and after 20 minutes the TV gives a black screen. Maybe it cannot get access to the CI+ module when trying to update subscription? Can this be solved? Thank you.
    Identical problems here:
    37PFL9606 showed visible artefacts (Dutch: ‘blokjesbeeld’) from date of purchase, Oct 2011, especially on 'rapid' movements.

Printed Circuit Board replaced, problems seemed to be resolved: good picture. After latest SW release 14.093, problems came back and are more persistent. Artifacts can be (partly) disabled via menu settings (although picture is not as good as after PCB replacement), but this menu reset (not only PNM) needs to be executed after every TV start.

Exact the same problem as Stefan1979 (also on the CI+ module), SGK and others obviously. Urgent request to fix these problems!

Best,
    Dim
    Last edited by Dim35; 01-13-2012 at 09:40 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I don't understand why Philips allows itself to bring such half baked products on the market. You may expect premium for such a price. I self have a 4+FLP8606. I had problems with not seeing the HTS 7202 and now it is repaired the TV does nog accept any CI module .. SO the repairman comes back tommorrow. The IP EPG is useless in the Netherlands also. A lot of common channels are not in it.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestraw View Post
    I upgraded my 46PFL9706/T12 today and I have the same problem others mentioned, where the picture goes 'blank' for a few seconds for no reason. This happened twice today (once early morning, once late night). The picture seemed to come back, then briefly go again before being coming back to normal.
    Hi Philips Support,

this is a serious problem - especially for gamers playing competitively online... Did you reproduce this bug and startet working on it? Any ETA for a fix?

This problem already existed in the last firmware versions and has been reported by multiple persons in the past including me.
    Last edited by Warrex; 01-15-2012 at 10:52 AM.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi guys, I want to give you an update. Now my HTS was taken away for investigation, so now I only have the tv at home and I still see 2-3 software reboots every day (the software event counter keeps increasing). These resets are somewhat different from the HTS resets where I would see the Philips logo on screen. I now only see a black screen and the image gets beck on quickly, so they are barely noticeable. This is how the event log looks like (see attached picture).

I believe #4 and #5 are related to a service message saying "There is a channel update available, update will be installed when you put tv in standby". #2 was a test so this one can be disregarded, the rest are unknown for me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	491.5 KB 
ID:	776

Maybe Philips can do something with the info but they could just as easily flush it down the toilet as they seem to be doing now.

I'm very, very disappointed with the feedback we're getting in this forum about our problems, I want to help Philips make things better, but it looks like Philips is only interested in quick wins. I understand that when you get a new product on the market you can't get it 100% right away and there are still things to be polished but leaving consumers this long with an unacceptable software is totally unacceptable.

I was a huge Philips fan in the past, I still own 11 different products from Philips at this moment, but I'll think twice in the future when buying a new Philips product.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    46PFL9706 - Just updated to version Q5551-0.14.93.0_bld11a. When device rebooted it only shows a slight darkblue banding on black background. Waited for some minutes, than sound of the last tv channel returned via AVreceiver, howeve screen showed still only slight blue banding moving around like aligning with the channel it was supposed to be still on. After another 5 minutes, I switched the device off with teh remote, than switched the device off with the hard on-off switch at the right side. Switched it on again after 20 secs. All came back ok.

Also got that - 'undefined' (double text) left top when turning device on. No prob when initializing, it disappears after 2 seconds. Also in same timeframe the CI card (UPC) init is 1 sec visible. No prob either.

Question: Software Update: fine, but where do we find the Release Notes, so we can read whats fixed and what's still 'open' on issues?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,437
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

again the release notes:

Q555x_x.14.93.0 (Publication date : 2011-12-21)
    · Solution stuttering noise on HDMI.
    Q555x_x.14.91.0 (Publication date : 2011-12-13)
    · Solution Mettalic sound when switching between SD and HD sources.
    · Solution about visible artefacts on the 46PFL9706.
    · Solution for no sound from HTS when preset changed from DVB-C to analogecable.
    · Solution for set hangs in semi-standby after switch off,coming from standby.
    · Solution for set goes to standby after exact 2 hours.
    · Solution about startup of the set the splash screen comes up,a reboot happens and the splash screen comes up again.
    · Solution for set startup with sound and ambilight but no picture.
    · Solution for sound drop when connected via HDMI.
    · Solution for video continuously stutters in H264 services DVB-T.
    · Solution for No HD+services anymore possible when provider driven SW update is done.(Germany,Austria and Switserland)

Toengel@Alex

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Meanwhile, while watching tv yesterday night, the screen went black in the middle of a tv show and then showed a service message saying "Encrypted channel". The software reset log is showing 3 reboots consequently, within 3 minutes.

I suspect this is somehow related to the CI+ module from UPC (Netherlands) I'm using.

Anyone seeing this too?

---
    Philips Cinema Gold 21:9 (50PFL7956H/12)

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast