• Bookmark and Share
    Gold Member
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 457
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    @ Philips - Remko: it's great to hear you'll be investigating this issue. If I can provide anything, extra information, video's, screenshots, please let me know. The resets are 100% reproducible. I'll wait for your feedback.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    @Philips - Remko & Philips - JuAn: maybe this additional info helps:

Yesterday after installing the latest 14.95 firmware on my tv I did a factory reset and Last night I installed the latest 14.95 firmware for the TV and I wanted to start fresh so I set the tv to factory settings and installed the channels again. The 4th option in the installation menu of the TV is "add devices". When the TV started searching for the HTS it crashed, and the setup started all over again and I had to reinstall the channels again. I could not complete the "add devices" option again.

This is just my supposition but could it be that the TV tries to add the different HTS options to the TV and fails somehow? I'm saying this because after I completed the setup the TV was showing 4 different entries of "dual-view" see image. Also seen the fact that the restarts almost always happen when I start up the HTS, could it this be the real problem? HTS giving info to the TV and TV not understanding what entries should be added to the TV menu and thus crashing? See the screenshot below:

http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2...eenshotwwv.jpg

If I unplug the HTS the multiple "dual-view" options are gone. As soon as I connect the HTS to the TV the multiple "dual-view" options are back. Only a reset to factory defaults sometimes helps.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks

Same problems here

I experience the same problems with my HTS8562 in combination with the 46pfl9705. My tv is not restarting, but easylink does not work. Also the automatic calibration does not work. At this moment I have my second home cinema and both devices have the same problems. I believe its not the hardware, itís the software that is not ok. I hope Philips will come with an solution. I bought the HTS for its specifications. Because of a communication problem between the tv and the HTS, I can not use this combination as it should be.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ram1111 View Post
    ... but easylink does not work.
    Hi,

try on both devices:

- deactivate Easylink
    - deactivate ARC
    - standby devices
    - pull power cord for 2-3 minutes
    - restart both devices
    - activate both Easylink and ARC
    - restart devices

Toengel@Alex

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ram1111 View Post
    I experience the same problems with my HTS8562 in combination with the 46pfl9705. My tv is not restarting, but easylink does not work. Also the automatic calibration does not work. At this moment I have my second home cinema and both devices have the same problems. I believe its not the hardware, it’s the software that is not ok. I hope Philips will come with an solution. I bought the HTS for its specifications. Because of a communication problem between the tv and the HTS, I can not use this combination as it should be.
    @ram1111: After extenssive testing I believe the problem is with the following 2 Easylink functions on the HTS:
    - One touch Play
    - One touch Standby

So if you want to get Easyling to work partially (remote and sound) disable both functions on the HTS.

After that, enable make sure all other Easylink functions are on on both TV and HTS and do the following:

1) Turn TV off
    2) Turn HTS off
    3) Unplug the HDMI cable from TV (keep it connected to the HTS)
    4) Turn TV on (wait to start up all functions)
    5) Turn HTS on
    6) Plug HDMI cable in TV - at this point the TV should be adding a new HTS menu option to the TV menu
    7) Go to HTS settings and do the Sound mapping by scanning devices. The HTS than finds the TV and choose audio input TV-ARC.

It should be working now, it does at my place by doing this.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

try on both devices:

- deactivate Easylink
    - deactivate ARC
    - standby devices
    - pull power cord for 2-3 minutes
    - restart both devices
    - activate both Easylink and ARC
    - restart devices

Toengel@Alex
    @Toengel: Lately my tv won't add all the HTS menu functions to the TV menu. I only see one option HTS disc, but not the other functions i.e. HTS NetTV, HTS HDMI1, HTS HDMI2, HTS Radio etc. Is there a trick to restore those functions?

I tried to restore the TV to facory settings and to do the initial setup, step 3 "add devices", but it crashed my TV while searching for devices and the initial setup started again.

Sometimes it seems that the tv is trying to add the HTS menu functions, but fails somehow and the only thing I see is 4 instances of "Multi-View", see screenshot. The lower "Multi-view" options do nothing when selected, only the first one works.

See screenshot: http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/2...eenshotwwv.jpg

Any suggestion would be appreciated...

DerShortyy
    Hi blu,
    iīve experienced with HTS9221 that it is better to start the HTS via remote before starting the TV. If i do so, all the other HTS functions are always visible in the TV menu.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 472
    Overall activity: 87.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

yes, this is a good tip... do my procedure but try to start the HTS as first device - normally, the TV should start automatically after that and all sub-item should be available again on your TV.

Toengel@Alex

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    do my procedure but try to start the HTS as first device
    It's supposed to work the other way around, when I start the TV with the remote, the HTS is supposed to autostart because of the Easilink audio function on the tv "Easylink autostart". That way I can keep the drawer of the furniture where I keep the HTS closed and use only the TV remote for both devices.

normally, the TV should start automatically after that
    I had to disable the Easylink One Touch Play function on the HTS as this is also causing the resets described in this thread, so the HTS doesn't start the TV at this moment.

...and all sub-item should be available again on your TV.
    Even if I do that all I see are multiple "Multi-view" menu options. A while ago, back on firmware 14.84 it used to work, but since 14.91 it stopped working properly. I wonder if it will ever be fixed, I'm having the problems with the HTS since October, so 4 month now.

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    It's supposed to work the other way around, when I start the TV with the remote, the HTS is supposed to autostart because of the Easilink audio function on the tv "Easylink autostart". That way I can keep the drawer of the furniture where I keep the HTS closed and use only the TV remote for both devices.
    I know that it is supposed to work the otherway around, BUT the HTS is not fast to boot as the TV boots, so if the boot progress is already finished on HTS the TV will first faster switch to the HTS speakers and second the HTS functions are fully loaded in the TV menu. This is my experience. As you desribed a lot of times here in the forum i think there is a complete incompatiblity between your TV and your HTS. Do you had the possibility to test your HTS on other TV Models or test your TV with other HTS devices?

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DerShortyy View Post
    As you desribed a lot of times here in the forum i think there is a complete incompatiblity between your TV and your HTS. Do you had the possibility to test your HTS on other TV Models or test your TV with other HTS devices?
    I own a Philips Cinema 21:9 Gold tv 50PFL7956H/12 and I have no other TV to test it with. As noted here by other members, there are also other Philips TV's having problems with this HTS (i.e. 46PFL9705 and 46pfl9706K/2). Seems the Easylink functions on tv and HTS are not compatible with each other.

I got the chance to test a Philips SoundBar (the technician from the repair centre brought it with him to test it) and it worked without a problem but this SoundBar had a totally different interface (same as the BDP interface) and also had different firmware. At the end I think it was not the best comparition.

The most ironically thing is that the HTS8562/12 is the HTS recommended for my Philips Cinema Gold TV for an "optimal" experience. Philips advertises this specific HTS on the TV webpage and that's why I purchased it firstplace. I owned a BDP 8000 before and thought that buying a HTS from the 8000 series was the logical step to do.

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    The most ironically thing is that the HTS8562/12 is the HTS recommended for my Philips Cinema Gold TV for an "optimal" experience. Philips advertises this specific HTS on the TV webpage and that's why I purchased it firstplace. I owned a BDP 8000 before and thought that buying a HTS from the 8000 series was the logical step to do.
    ... too bad too sad. i hope they'll fix it for you as soon as possible !!!

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DerShortyy View Post
    ... too bad too sad. i hope they'll fix it for you as soon as possible !!!
    Yes, I really hope this. The quality of the sound and picture is superb, really very, very nice. It's too bad that the software and thus the whole "experience" is this bad, and that fixing the problems takes months.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    I tried everything everybody says, but nothing seems to work. The HTS won't add the HTS menu functions to the TV menu. I don’t know what to do anymore. I Hope Philips comes with a software update.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Same problems here

Hi there,

I have nearly the same problems with my 40PFL9606K/02 and a HTS8562/12.
    Somethimes, when switching to a HTS function via home menu (for example HTS-Disc) the TV reboots. After reboot all home menu extries of the HTS are gone. I have to disconnect both from power and wait some minutes. After restart some time the entries are back again. Sometimes I have only one entry "Philips HTS". More cold reboots will then not bring back the other entries. I have to select the "Philips HTS" entry. The HTS switches on. And after a while all the other entries are back.
    Then I can use the system as normal. But after some days (or hours) while selecting one of the HTS entries, the TV reboots again. And again all HTS-entries are gone.

I think the problem is completely with the HTS by itself. I have also the second one here. Same behaviour.

I have tried it on my older 37PFL9604 TV. This TV does not have the complete EasyLink functionality. It only switches to the HDMI-Input when HTS is switched on. But problems are also there. Sometimes the TV is not able to show a picture from the HTS. It the shows the message "Unknows video format". I then have to put a disc in then HTS an start playing. Mostly the picture then comes back. Sometimes not. The I have to switch the HTS off an on again.

I'm wondering if a HTS9520 would work OK. So I would try to change the system.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast