• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear users,

We are now investigating this issue. However, we cannot reproduce your issue following Bluevoice' steps.

Setup: HTS8562 SW V1.27 + 40PFL8605H TV

1) We would like to know how often this can be reproduced?
    2) If you have sent your sets to service, do you have the service tracking number so that we can investigate the log? Please send the number to Philips- Remko and me via PM.

Thanks & Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Gold Member
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 392
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Needless to say is that in order to fully reproduce this you should test the HTS with a 2011 TV that has all Easylink features and not with a 2010 TV (40PFL8605H) with different software / Easylink features. Can't you just test it with a Philips Cinema Gold TV (50PFL7956/12)?

In order to fully reproduce this you need to enable all Easylink functions on both TV and HTS and to do sound input mapping on the HTS and choose for the option HTS - HDMI ARC. Also the sequence order it to turn the TV on first and put the tv on the HDMI1 - ARC connection, or whatever connection the HTS is using (an not other option like "watch tv" or something else). Than start the HTS and it will produce a reset/reboot on the TV.

Now back to your questions:
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - QK
    1) We would like to know how often this can be reproduced?
    I can reproduce this 9/10 when I enable the Easylink - "One touch play" and "One touch standby" on the HTS. If I disable these functions, I still occasionally get reset loops. The TV will stay in a reset loop until I unpulg the HDMI cable out of it and do a cold reset.

I made a new video to show you a reset loop. Here is the scenario. I was listening to iPod music through the iPod dock of the HTS. The TV was off. Than I decided I'd like to watch a video from a Bluray disc, so I unplugged the iPod, opened the tray, put a disc on it and turned on the TV. I didn't yet closed the tray. Now watch what is happening:

http://youtu.be/DJDwlQdxYIE

As you can see the TV should display a constant image but the screen goes black and ambilight flases different colors indicating a reset (that is fully logged on the TV event counter) and after a couple of resets the TV completely reboots (you can see the Philips logo on screen). This behaviour is fully reproducible, I could also reproduce this behaviour to technicians from E-care (Duiven, the Netherlands) that come to my home to check the set.

Also, what about the erroneous HTS entries on the TV menu?
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...enshotwwv.jpg/

You are more than welcome to send someone from the development team to my home in Amsterdam so that they can see what is going on. The technical service says it's not qualified to solve those (software) problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Philips - QK
    2) If you have sent your sets to service, do you have the service tracking number so that we can investigate the log? Please send the number to Philips- Remko and me via PM.
    I'll send you all service tracking numbers via PM.

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear Bluevoice,

I have just sent you a PM. Could you please check?

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    @ Philips - QK and Philips - Remko:

I'd like to share one more thing with you and I ask you politely to pass this information to the development team. If the development team can't reproduce the reboot by using the previously described steps, than they should try the following.

I did a factory reset of my Philips Cinema Gold TV while the HTS. After the factory reset you get the initial setup screen. Option 4 is: "Add devices". This option will add an Easylink compatible device to the TV menu. If I choose this option than the TV starts scanning for devices and it seems that it finds the HTS but something goes wrong and the tv reboots. Here is where the problem starts because after the reboot the initial setup screen comes back on the tv and you'll have to start over again. So you never get to complete the 4 steps of the initial setup if the HTS is connected and turned off. Please take a look:

http://youtu.be/xzCqJ_cqpWg

Adding the HTS to devices after a factory reset used to work in the past, but now it doesn't anymore. If the development team can't reproduce this issue with a 2011 TV with software 14.95 than maybe my tv and HTS are both defective and they should be replaced by new ones.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    To all users that experience the same problems, there is a new reply from Philips about this issue in the original thread I started elsewhere, take a look here: #7

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have written about similar problems as bluevoice an page 2 of this thead. Since then Philips supoort changed the mainboard of my 40PFL9606. The new board had a very very old firmware. But after updating to firmware 0.14.96.0 it seemed to work.
    After some time of use, there where issues, but no showstoppers:
    The menu entries of the HTS did not completely disappear from the TV menu. But there was only one entry for the HTS. This is not completely the way it should work, but it worked in this way. I could change the sound to the HTS and it switched on and volume control worked thu the TVs remote. I could switch back to sound thu TV speakers. But selecting the HTS entry I could switch to the HTS and the TV remote controled the HTS. So far it was OK. Or at least this was a condition I could live with.

Yesterday I found there was new firmware for the TV (0.14.97.0) and also for the HTS (1.27 MCU 5.05). I updated both.
    Now the old problems are back. The HTS entries completely disappear from the TVs menu. So I can noch switch to the HTS by selecting a menu entry. I can not control the HTS to the TVs remote.
    This is the case until I completely disconnect both devices from the power. Switching them off deos not change anything. I must completely disconnect them from power for several minutes. After this the HTS entries in the TVs menu come back. In difference tothe last state with 0.14.96.0 firmeware now there is one entry for every function of the HTS. For example "HTS-Disk", "HTS-RADIO", "HTS-Config" and so on. But after some use (switching sound to HTS, watching disk or so, I can not assoiciate it with a paticular action) the TV switches off an back on and all menu entries of the HTS are gone.
    So now I have again the same stage as before.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    @ Schrauber: the SSB board of my tv was changed twice, but I still experience reboots of the TV every time I switch to a HTS menu entry like let's say HTS-radio. That what you describe as "the TV switches off an back on and all menu entries of the HTS are gone" is actually a reboot of the TV and gets logged as a software / hardware event.

After a reboot all HTS activities in the TV menu are indeed gone. This is a bug on the TV side, as I was able to test different HTS's that all resulted in a crash on the TV side.

Philips told me that as there've been only a few complains about this issue, solving the issue has a low priority

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    Philips told me that as there've been only a few complains about this issue, solving the issue has a low priority
    I can not understand that there should be only a few complains about this. Because this means, that the Philisp TVs are not realy usable with philips own HT-Systems.
    Or what ist the work around for this issue? Switching of the HDMI CEC functionality at all?
    I the actual condition I can not realy use the HTS.
    1500 Euro for a TV and around 1000 Euro for a HTS that do not work together. Thank you very much Philips.

And this ist not the only problem of this TV set. Only the biggest.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Schrauber View Post
    I can not understand that there should be only a few complains about this. Because this means, that the Philisp TVs are not realy usable with philips own HT-Systems.
    2010 tv's seem not to be affected by this reboot issue. Only the 2011 models.

Or what ist the work around for this issue? Switching of the HDMI CEC functionality at all?
    Yes, switching of Easylink on the TV solves the issue, no more reboots. But you can't use your HTS to output the sound of your TV broadcasts anymore.

I the actual condition I can not realy use the HTS.
    1500 Euro for a TV and around 1000 Euro for a HTS that do not work together. Thank you very much Philips.

And this ist not the only problem of this TV set. Only the biggest.
    I totally agree, I also spent about 3000 euro on my set and this is the most annoying issue. A real dealbreaker for me. I reported this problem back in October 2011, now 7 months later, no progress was made at all. I am deeply dissapointed in Philips.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    This is realy absolutely stupid!
    I bought both, TV and HTS, from Philips to have more functionality in working both together. Like that the HTS can blend its entries into the TVs Menu. This was the main reason to buy both devices from Philips.
    And now I sit here like a dork and have less functionality as I would have with to devices from different manufacturers. Annoying.

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    This is realy absolutely stupid!
    I bought both, TV and HTS, from Philips to have more functionality in working both together. Like that the HTS can blend its entries into the TVs Menu. This was the main reason to buy both devices from Philips.
    And now I sit here like a dork and have less functionality as I would have with to devices from different manufacturers. Annoying.
    I totally agree. This also applies to my case. Philips told me that I should buy the HTS8562/12 in order to be fully compatible with my tv.

@ Philips: this is another HELP call: Please fix this Easylink problem on the TV side! The TV also crashes / reboots / resets when I use another HTS (also tested with HTS9140). The SSB of my TV was changed 2 times. With this 3rd SSB board the problem still persists and is 100% reproducible. If I turn on the TV, go to the TV menu, press on HTS-Radio, the HTS starts and during the startup process of the HTS the TV reboots and all Easylink menu icons on the TV menu are lost. Also, during the reboot the screen goes black for about 40 seconds. The resets / reboots / crashes are logged in the Software / Hardware Events log of the TV. I can see the number of logged events increasing with every new reset / crash of the TV.

Philips, I will continue to post YouTube video's about this issue until you decide to take it seriously or until no one will buy a combination of Philips devices again.

Philips I am deeply dissapointed that you do not take your customers seriously and ignore the issues with your devices. This is totally unacceptable for flagship, high end devices!!!

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    So Philips, this is my new video, as you can see reboots are 100% reproducible. Please read the video description on YouTube:

http://youtu.be/kB9v-F8A-fc

The TV reboots when the HTS starts after I select the HTS-radio Easylink activity in the TV menu.

This is not the only way to trigger rests. I can also trigger resets of the TV by:
    - putting a USB drive in the HTS and pressing play when I want to see a video
    - changing the source on the HTS (to i.e. HDMI1 or HDMI2) by pressing the blue "Source" button on the HTS remote
    - changing from "watch tv" to "HDMI1" on the TV menu.

I don't know how you can expect this is normal behavior. I purchased both devices because they were supposed to be fully compatible with each other. For me the Easylink functionality is a deal breaker. I WANT TO USE THE EASYLINK FUNCTIONALITY, to be able to have the tv sound played through the HTS speakers!

All these reboots are just a pain in the ass, while trying to use a Philips high end TV with a Philips high end HTS.

I'd just like to start using the TV as advertised, so Philips start taking this issue serious and FIX IT!!!

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    .... so Philips start taking this issue serious and FIX IT!!!
    Dear Bluevoice,

First, thanks for all your extensive feedback. From our investigations sofar, we have some points where we need to test further, but because we are currently fully loaded with the release of our new 2012 range, the final investigations might be delayed. Apologies for that!
    However, within a few weeks we hope to start the final investigation. We'll keep you informed. Until then, please use the workaround given before.

Regards,
    JuAn
    Forum Mod

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips View Post
    Dear Bluevoice,

First, thanks for all your extensive feedback. From our investigations sofar, we have some points where we need to test further, but because we are currently fully loaded with the release of our new 2012 range, the final investigations might be delayed. Apologies for that!
    However, within a few weeks we hope to start the final investigation. We'll keep you informed. Until then, please use the workaround given before.

Regards,
    JuAn
    JuAn, thanks for your polite answer, but as I told you before, I brought this issue into your attention 7 months ago. Philips had 7 month to investigate and solve this issue and at this point we're still at the same point where we started and no progress has been done at all.

Now you're telling me to wait a few weeks more until you start the investigation, I heard this before, what does it make it different from all the promisses made during last 7 months? Also what guarantee I have you're going to find a solution? How can I trust this product or future product releases from Philips anymore?

It's a shame, it's such a beautifull screen (hardware), but the user experience is terrible because the software is such a piece of crap.
    Last edited by bluevoice; 05-08-2012 at 02:43 PM.

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 903
    Overall activity: 99.5%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation First ClassTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran
    Level
    Thanks
    JuAn, thanks for your polite answer, but as I told you before, I brought this issue into your attention 7 months ago. Philips had 7 month to investigate and solve this issue and at this point we're still at the same point where we started and no progress has been done at all.

Now you're telling me to wait a few weeks more until you start the investigation, I heard this before, what does it make it different from all the promisses made during last 7 months? Also what guarantee I have you're going to find a solution? How can I trust this product or future product releases from Philips anymore?

It's a shame, it's such a beautifull screen (hardware), but the user experience is terrible because the software is such a piece of crap.
    Dear Bluevoice,

Don't think that nothing has been done in the last months. There were extensive investigations by the HTS team and TV team (although for the outside world it often does not looks that way).
    I did not say that "you must wait a few weeks more until we start the investigations". Please read carefully. I clearly indicated "From our investigations sofar...", and I also indicated the reason for the delay.
    I'm really sorry to dissapoint you, but I want to be clear.

Regards,
    JuAn
    Forum Mod

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast