Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 234
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

10 + 11 pages in one moth with complaining user and no feedback from philips

I have also now de sound stutter bug on my 55 7606K02 TV.
    Has someone also problems to control the PS3 over HDMI CEC with the TV Remote? It jumps often 2 or 3 menu entrys instead of one.

My configuration is:
    TV Connected to german cable tv where i mix the free digital channels and the anolog channels.
    TV is connected over etherner to a router.
    HDMI1: Digital Cabel TV recorder without CEC funktionality from unitymedia. (sound stuttering)
    HDMI2: Computer
    HDMI3: Playstation 3
    Ext1 (scart): Xbox 1
    USB1: external Harddisk

Issues:
    1. Sound stuttering
    2. Digital Recievers without cec connection dialog fails. When i turn on the Cable reciever on HDMI1 the TV adds always a menu entry to the home screen. But then it starts seaching the device and after 30 seconds it fails to connect with it. The screen is gray and i have to press the back button to get the normal view. Is there a way to disable CEC only for one HDMI port? so i dont have to press the gray menu always away?
    3. youtube app is anoying with its autoplay functionality and ugly menu!
    4. Ambilight flickering with PS3 and other devices in 3D mode
    5. Firmware generally SLOW animations
    6. ugly and slow EPG

Question to Philips:
    Why counts the 7606k02 to the 5808 and 6000 series? logically for me the 7606 series has more to do withe the higher models because of its Ambilight, 3D and recorder functionality.

Question to Philips:
    There are now 21 pages of complaining users in one moth about the current firmware (14.93 all series together).
    And there a no statements from philips and eaven somebody writes here that they are not working on a new firmware and philips dosent say anithing about it. So is it true?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Q1: they share the same firmware (of course not all functions are available due to hardware limitations in all series). Also the firmware for these series are mostly published at the same time.

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    It is a very sad story with Philips SW.

I just read a flash-news about Philips economic performance in my local news portal.
    Also there were a notice that TV division is in quite deep sh*t.

Do you really wonder why?

I don´t!

I like the screen, I like ambilight. But ....

but SW is terrible. And that is the problem. I will never ever give good recommendation to my friend, to my family. Just because of SW.

Philips, please WAKE UP! There is no such a way for survive in this industry without quality. In this case - SW quality.
    Please don´t make hostages from your customers.
    We really don´t care where all the facories were moved.
    We don´t care who is holding production.
    It is not a correct way to save money by reducing SW development team!
    If you don´t have enough manpower, then please ask your manager. Maybe your manager will ask his manager who will ask his manager, and maybe somebody will wake up and realize that this could be truth.

Keep in mind that if the SW will be such a shit like it actually is,
    you´ll probably need to look for a new job, as one day Philips might end up with TVs.

WAKE UP!

Thx
    hopefully one day satisfied and happy customer
    Martin

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Sadly but true

I am with @smejoo - I bought TV because of hardware and I didn't imagine that such base features as rewind or video codec support may work so poorly. At this point I wouldn't recommend Philips TV to anyone. Personally I stopped using Philips frimeware for watching videos (usb or DLNA). Software is slow lacking many features and its just unreliable\unusable. Truly it's faster for me to take laptop connect it to TV and start video then using build in TV software. Besides there is big advantage with using laptop - every video is working!!! Shame I can't say this about default software

Personalty I lost my hope. I believe only way to fix software is to allow running on the tv open software created by community other wise I doubt something will change in near future.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Open software is a very good idea.
    I'm with you all.

And I've found a little new bug.

When I use the HDMI ports, (for my laptop and PS3), everything is fine. Although, when I press Source, and go to "watch TV" (or in portuguese "Assistir TV"), the tv goes to the first channel detected, channel 3 VHF, not the channel that I was watching before (normally is channel 32 UHF DTV). It doesn't have a trigger to happening or not. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.
    And the "return" button does not work to quickly swap to previous source (I.E. tv to hdmi, then back to hdmi), as it happens on my old 42PFL3604. Another simple thing missing.

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy I'm leaving on a jet plane...

After weeks of reading about errors and dealing with not working software I decided to replace my Philips TV by a Panasonic TV. The Panasonic software looks much better, no reboots, offered functionality works as expected, etc.

As mentioned several times, the hardware (picture and ambilight) is great, but the software is really terrible.

I'm working since about 20 years as a sw developer. If I would deliver such a piece of software my customers will kick my ass !

So I've to say goodbye philips, maybe there will be a second chance in 2-3 years.

Until then I pray to god, please send brain down to earth, but don't miss the netherlands again ( or wherever the software is written).

Bye.
    Last edited by i_am_so_disappointed; 01-31-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by panel View Post
    Truly it's faster for me to take laptop connect it to TV and start video then using build in TV software. Besides there is big advantage with using laptop - every video is working!!! Shame I can't say this about default software
    Hi panel,
    I'm thinking of making a similar set-up: I want to use a small PC as media player and watch the video on my TV via HDMI. What software are you using to play the video's? And is it possible to play 3D video's that way?

Until then I pray to god, please send brain down to earth, but don't miss the netherlands again ( or wherever the software is written).
    Hi i_am_so_disappointed,
    I surely hope the software isn't written in Holland, since I am a genuine Dutch software engineer I must admit: Philips has gravely underestimated the task of the software in its TV's.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Ohhh my!
    I am cursing that day when I bought my 42PFL7606T/12 shitbox.
    This IP-tvguide is absolutely a stupid work.
    Now 5th times in row it just not recognises my usb harddisk. I tried two usb drives, it doesn't matter, because the SW is a crap. It shows that I have some recordings on the harddrive, but it says that "Please connect storage" and I can't access my recordings.

I have tested the harddrives oon my Grundig tv and it works perfect and I can even use it with my PC after I made recordings on it. The problem is produced every time on the Philips even if it formats the disk and I make a few recordings, I can watch back the recordings afterwards and I do not plug out the harddisk or something, just suddenly, I can't access it any longer. WHY????????

Another thing that happens quite often: when I change channels, especially between HD channels I got message error: " Disk write error. Please check your usb disk" or something. It is not about the capabilities of the harddisk, because I can record HD channels with the Grundig tv.

It does not matter how good is the hardware, when the software is totally useless. If I would use the tv just watching tv programes I wouldn't pay 1.000 Euro for it. I payed this money to use those features that Philips wrote on the product sheet. I did not signed to be a software tester !!!
    Last edited by nyehehe; 01-31-2012 at 09:58 PM.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by i_am_so_disappointed View Post
    I'm working since about 20 years as a sw developer. If I would deliver such a piece of software my customers will kick my ass !
    I am Also developer and I 100% agree. This software looks like alpha or early beta, definitely not final release.

Quote Originally Posted by V4Friend View Post
    Hi panel,
    I'm thinking of making a similar set-up: I want to use a small PC as media player and watch the video on my TV via HDMI. What software are you using to play the video's? And is it possible to play 3D video's that way?
    I invested more cash to buy TV witch should work as 'media center', but since this is crap and I don't watch so much movies I decided not to invest more money in media center PC.
    I am just using my laptop with best codecs from shark (http://shark007.net/) and standard video player.
    But if you wanna own pc there are many 'media center' softwares. Example may be power cinema (http://www.cyberlink.com/products/po...n_US.html?&r=1), here are few more (http://www.techsupportalert.com/cont...r-software.htm), but propably you'll find even more.

Quote Originally Posted by nyehehe View Post
    Ohhh my!
    I did not signed to be a software tester !!!
    I agree!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Philips BDP-5180 together with PFL-7656 leads to clicks still while playback even when claimed this is fixed. Changing HDMI cables does not change this. Since the update to 14.93 the remote key functions to the BDP with the TV remote crashes when used and never come back until a reboot.
    Besides that i have several different problems already mentioned. This PFL-7656 is only usable as Monitor. For getting satisfied usage you need a dedicated device for doing the jobs the TV promises to do but simply suffers to serve well. It´s a shame, really.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    It´s a shame, really.
    Buying laptop you assume it will have WiFi, buying phone you will assume you'll be able to make calls, buying mouse you assume it will have buttons....it's just matter of base usability principles/standards.

Philips definitely broke those standards. Mega shame, mega shame!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Reboot

I didn't use the 'old' software very long, but it seems that with this new version, the TV reboots more often. This happens often when returning from net-apps.

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 58
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Never seen such a software. There r more bugs than software
    I have kind of software which seems to work only when the sun is shining. Many weeks I have to switch my TV 5-10 times off and on to get a picture. This behavoir I could recognized in 9 from 10 cases. Now, we have more sunshine outside, the TV makes only in 5 from 10 cases no picture. I can't understand such a behavoir. There is no logical reason why it does that!

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Philips 42" Full-HD TV (2011 model) 42PFL7666K/02. FW 000.014.093.000
    Philips 3D Blu Ray player (2011 model) BDP3280/12. FW V2.22

I am having problems with the Picture zoom settings on my TV.

When viewing a TV program (TNG) broadcast in 4:3 ratio, I can correctly expand the image horizontally to fill the screen if I want to (both stretched and zoomed).

When I play a video on Net TV (tested with a trailer in viewster and a program on the BBC iPlayer), the Super Zoom and Movie Expand 16:9 settings expand the image vertically instead of horizontally!!

When I play a 4:3 Blue Ray movie (tested with Star Trek: The Next Generation® – The Next Level Blu-ray Disc™) on my Philips Blu Ray player, I have the same problem of the image being stretched vertically instead of horizontally.

I hope Philips can investigate and fix these issues. When I want to expand the width of a 4:3 program, I do not want the imaged stretched vertically instead of horizontally. If you need further details, simply ask here or contact me directly.

Regards

Peter

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 562
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

there are no 4:3 BD discs. They are always 16:9. However, 4:3 content is published with black bars on the left and right...

Toengel@Alex

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 LastLast