Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Happy new year... :-(

Now i can confirm the shutdown-"feature" is still present......

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    When I watching TV, the picture and the sound will suddenly turn off and after 10 sec will be switch ON automatically. When picture/sound turn off, I can't do anything even I touching/using controller, TV still can't function but after 10sec the problem will solve automatically.

I never using Sleep Timer, or auto switch Off function. I already upgrade to latest version Q5551_0.14.93.0

My Tv model : 40PFL6606H/12

Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 148
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Hi!

I have my 47pfl7656K7/02 since 02.Jan.2012 and have the following issues.

- Teletext input field not visible when entering pages (now feedback when entering numbers)
    - Restart after automatically detecting HDMI CEC device (Samsung DVR-751)
    - Sometimes many DVB-C channels are not working any more (Channel is encrypted or no channel detected is displayed). Power off and on solves the issues (Have to disconnect the power cord)
    - Flashing Ambilight when using 3D as mentioned in the other thread.

Beside that I like the TV. Picture quality is extremely good.

P.S. I am using an old Remote from my 7404h. Because I don't like the new remote but please map the adjustment button to picture or sound button of the old remote.
    On other thing I am missing is the EPG info of the actual program when changing channels. The was handy on the 7404.

Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 39
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

what do you expect?

Toengel@Alex
    I think a mediaplayer should be able to fast-forward or rewind.
    When I push the button the symbol apear on the screen for a short time but nothing happens.
    The film is going on just the same as before.

When I stoped a film and want to go on later, I have to start again from the beging.
    That makes no sense!

Silver Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grandia View Post
    When I watching TV, the picture and the sound will suddenly turn off and after 10 sec will be switch ON automatically. When picture/sound turn off, I can't do anything even I touching/using controller, TV still can't function but after 10sec the problem will solve automatically.

I never using Sleep Timer, or auto switch Off function. I already upgrade to latest version Q5551_0.14.93.0

My Tv model : 40PFL6606H/12
    Hello Grandia,

I have a similar problem on my TV. Some days it is not present, other days it happens about 5 times in half an hour (and then I just shut it down). It looks like an 'auto-reset' of the TV.
    Strange thing is that my TV is a 2010 model 32PFL7605. First 11 months this never happened. After 11 months my main board was replaced due to nonfunctioning NetTV / IP-EPG. Since then (FW 140.40) this problem is present. (Maybe a 2011 version mainboard?)
    After an 'auto-reset' a message 'a channel update is present' is shown on the TV. During the first minute after the reboot the EPG is not available, just like when the TV is first powered on (that is why I see this as an auto-reset).

My configuration: 32PFL7605 with PTA01 USB adapter connected to wireless network.
    No devices connected to TV (no HDD, Playstation, HTS or whatever). On the wireless network also a DLNA server with pictures/music/movies is present but this is rarely used.

Can you describe your configuration and the symptoms you see. It might help in finding the cause.

Niels

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 120
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    @Toengel
    please is it possible to explain what to do the function "clear LCD " ?
    There isn't documentation and I belive that feature has some good quality but also contraindications, example with sport.

Thanks

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Sorry Philips, the actual release is instabile

Do people, who work for Philips have such TVs themselves? In addition to the forementioned instabilities - sometimes things work, sometimes not... I now loose channels everyonce in a while, so I have to refresh the stationlist. Just installed a Sony TV at my neighbours house, everything worked fine... Returning home, I had no EPG, had difficulties with the Apps... Had to reboot. Ironically, the Sony is driven by Windows CE and not Linux..

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    32PFL6606H (14.93) - dynamic contrast disable only when PC Mode on. Why?

If I set Dynamic Contrast - Disable - contrast still varies depending on the composition of the picture. Especially noticeable when the picture with my external media player via HDMI has a ratio of 4:3 (signal 1080p 60Hz). And Only PC mode - fully disable Dynamic Contrast!!!!

P.S. Same problem:
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ll=1#post22451
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uqgfulqYCM
    Last edited by TechnicsKuzya; 01-09-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Niels View Post
    Hello Grandia,

I have a similar problem on my TV. Some days it is not present, other days it happens about 5 times in half an hour (and then I just shut it down). It looks like an 'auto-reset' of the TV.
    Strange thing is that my TV is a 2010 model 32PFL7605. First 11 months this never happened. After 11 months my main board was replaced due to nonfunctioning NetTV / IP-EPG. Since then (FW 140.40) this problem is present. (Maybe a 2011 version mainboard?)
    After an 'auto-reset' a message 'a channel update is present' is shown on the TV. During the first minute after the reboot the EPG is not available, just like when the TV is first powered on (that is why I see this as an auto-reset).

My configuration: 32PFL7605 with PTA01 USB adapter connected to wireless network.
    No devices connected to TV (no HDD, Playstation, HTS or whatever). On the wireless network also a DLNA server with pictures/music/movies is present but this is rarely used.

Can you describe your configuration and the symptoms you see. It might help in finding the cause.

Niels
    Dear Niels,

Yes, the TV look like "auto-reset" , "auto-restart" , "auto-reboot" . Sometimes all night nothing happen,Sometime happen 2 or 3 time.

I using wired network connected to TV ,other devices is "Astro Box Office"(www.astro.com.my) connected to TV by HDMI cable.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 60
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    It is necessary to make in a new firmware:
    - Rewind in.mkv video files
    - Switching between sound tracks in video files
    - To clean braking at playing of some videos of files (1080p)

Silver Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by plazmagod View Post
    What i really need in philips player is:
    1. Usable rewind function. There is nothing worse than waiting for rewind, not being able to move to a specific position.
    2. Reading external and internal subtitles of any kind.
    3. Switching audio-channels.
    I'm perfectly aligned with this request, and trust me this is really a MUST have a TV.
    In addition please fix/add:

4. The on screen channel info is not usable. It is not possible to black all the screen to show the channel info. No other TV brand do something similar, the answer is simple it is ugly to see and not useful. I would suggest to implement something similar to this. Also Shortcut key to the info. It's really, really, really stupid having to go to options, then scroll all the way down the info, to just then open it. Info MUST be something dynamic. An old 42PFL3604 has a dedicated button to it. Can't understand why on earth this one doesn't. Suggestion: Remap the colored buttons. One for quick audio selection, other for info, and other for EPG.

5. Possibility to play a movie, stop, shutdown the TV then when the user goes to mediaplayer and open the same movie the system ask: "Would you like to play from the point where you stopped?". This is a small feature witha great impact on usability. Fast-Foward aswell is a good idea.

6. The TV guide (EPG) is not working as it should. If I use the Internet TV guide it takes too much time to download the schedule, it is not an internet issue (I have a 20 Mbit/s). Also using the TV guide of the broadcast it takes too much time to download it and moreover it doesn't show the TV channel in a small window. My suggestion is to implement an automatical background download (e.g everyday) while you are waching the channel so that when the user press the button automatically shows the guide (it is already in the TV). Every other tv that i saw so far works like that. Again, this is a dynamic feature, having to wait a few minutes while the tv searches for the broadcasted EPG makes it completely pointless. With respect to the TV guide layout of the broadcast TV guide the score is: unusable please have a look to this. It is not difficult to implement it and it is really better.

7. SW update using the softwareupdate function throught "Internet" doesn't work and have not being working from the beginning. Why?

To all the people in this thread, if you agree (or disagree) with my request then vote this poll to show to Philips that it is not a single request but a joint request of all Philips TV buyers.
    Last edited by meme80; 01-10-2012 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Added BrunoQuiocca requests of post #88

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    i'm with you

Quote Originally Posted by meme80 View Post
    I'm perfectly aligned with this request, and trust me this is really a MUST have a TV.

4. The on screen channel info is not usable. It is not possible to black all the screen to show the channel info. No other TV brand do something similar, the answer is simple it is ugly to see and not useful. I would suggest to implement something similar to this.

5. Possibility to play a movie, stop, shutdown the TV then when the user goes to mediaplayer and open the same movie the system ask: "Would you like to play from the point where you stopped?". This is a small feature witha great impact on usability.

6. The TV guide is not working as it should. If I use the Internet TV guide it takets too much time to download the schedule, it is not an internet issue (I have a 20 Mbit/s). Also using the TV guide of the broadcast it takes too much time to download it and moreover it doesn't show the TV channel in a small window. My suggestion is to implement a background download so that when the user press the button automatically shows the guide. With respect to the TV guide layout of the broadcast TV guide the score is unusable please have a look to this. It is not difficult to implement it and it is better.

7. SW update using the softwareupdate function throught "Internet" doesn't work and have not being working from the beginning. Why?

To all the people in this thread, if you agree (or disagree) with my request then vote this poll to show to Philips that it is not a single request but a joint request of all Philips TV buyers.

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by meme80 View Post

4. The on screen channel info is not usable. It is not possible to black all the screen to show the channel info. No other TV brand do something similar, the answer is simple it is ugly to see and not useful. I would suggest to implement something similar to this.

5. Possibility to play a movie, stop, shutdown the TV then when the user goes to mediaplayer and open the same movie the system ask: "Would you like to play from the point where you stopped?". This is a small feature witha great impact on usability.

6. The TV guide is not working as it should. If I use the Internet TV guide it takets too much time to download the schedule, it is not an internet issue (I have a 20 Mbit/s). Also using the TV guide of the broadcast it takes too much time to download it and moreover it doesn't show the TV channel in a small window. My suggestion is to implement a background download so that when the user press the button automatically shows the guide. With respect to the TV guide layout of the broadcast TV guide the score is unusable please have a look to this. It is not difficult to implement it and it is better.

I'd like to add a few things here.

4. Shortcut key to the info. It's really, really, really stupid having to go to options, then scroll aaaall the way down the info, to just then open it. Info MUST be something dynamic. My old 42PFL3604 has a dedicated button to it. Can't understand why on earth this one doesn't.
    Suggestion: Remap the colored buttons. One for quick audio selection, other for info, and other for EPG.

5. Fast-Foward aswell.

6. EPG must have background download while you are waching the channel. Every other tv that i saw so far works like that. Again, this is a dynamic feature, having to wait a few minutes while the tv searches for the broadcasted EPG makes it completely pointless.
    For comparision. On my old 42PFL3604/78, i have a DTV reciever, since the tv doesn't have a DTV tunner. It is really cheap stuff, also based on linux, but works this out much better than my brand new 40PFL5806D. The reciever just make this background download everyday. I don't even have to tell it to update. Can't understand why Philips made is so complicated.

Silver Member
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BrunoQuiocca View Post
    I'd like to add a few things here.
    4. Shortcut key to the info. It's really, really, really stupid having to go to options, then scroll aaaall the way down the info, to just then open it. Info MUST be something dynamic. My old 42PFL3604 has a dedicated button to it. Can't understand why on earth this one doesn't.
    Suggestion: Remap the colored buttons. One for quick audio selection, other for info, and other for EPG.

5. Fast-Foward aswell.

6. EPG must have background download while you are waching the channel. Every other tv that i saw so far works like that. Again, this is a dynamic feature, having to wait a few minutes while the tv searches for the broadcasted EPG makes it completely pointless.
    I agree. I believe that your point 6 and my point 6 are the same. What I mean is that i also suggested for background download of EPG.

I edited post #86.
    Last edited by meme80; 01-10-2012 at 12:52 PM.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 141
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi, i'm another beta-tester of 47PHL7696.
    Also I think it is necessary to add the following features to the player:
    1. Usable rewind/f-forward function. Jump to a specific position. Select a position based on chapters.
    2. Reading external and internal subtitles of any kind.
    3. Switching audio-channels.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast