Results 1 to 6 of 6
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
  1. #1
    New Member
    Points: 780, Level: 7
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    HÝrning Denmark
    Posts
    4
    Points
    780
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0

    40PFL6626H fails to connect on ARC

    My 40PFL6626H fails to connect to my ARC compatible receiver (a DENON AVR-2312).
    The message at the screen is - by translation - something like "Connection to amplifier failed - switching to speakers".
    A manual transisition to the receiver gives the same error message.

    The TV is set with all EASYLINK control on.
    TV software is Q5551-0.14.93.0

    The DENON receiver is setup as a "Home Theater System" on HDMI1 of the TV.
    The receiver hold a specific HDMI for the TV set with ARC included to which the TV is connected.

    Have tried to change the HDMI cable to another (both HDMI 1.4a compatible)
    Last edited by maintower; 01-07-2012 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Additional info added

  2. #2
    Diamond Member
    Points: 51,912, Level: 70
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    6,059
    Points
    51,912
    Level
    70
    Thanks
    158
    Thanked 175 Times in 156 Posts
    Rep Power
    10
    Hi,

    try to deactivate - restart TV - reactivate ARC on your TV.

    Toengel@Alex

  3. #3
    Platinum Member
    Points: 5,068, Level: 21
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Nettle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Padua, Italy
    Posts
    624
    Points
    5,068
    Level
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by maintower View Post
    My 40PFL6626H fails to connect to my ARC compatible receiver (a DENON AVR-2312).
    The message at the screen is - by translation - something like "Connection to amplifier failed - switching to speakers".
    A manual transisition to the receiver gives the same error message.

    The TV is set with all EASYLINK control on.
    TV software is Q5551-0.14.93.0

    The DENON receiver is setup as a "Home Theater System" on HDMI1 of the TV.
    The receiver hold a specific HDMI for the TV set with ARC included to which the TV is connected.

    Have tried to change the HDMI cable to another (both HDMI 1.4a compatible)
    Dear Maintower,

    I had a similar issue after the purchase of my Philips TV + HTS soundbar last year.

    I've described it in this posts:

    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...light=easylink

    following the steps below:

    -------------------------------------------------
    I've solved the issue: the TV was not recognized via HDMI for the following reason:
    inside the Setup menu of the HTS7140 there's the "Easylink section", the last line is the "Mapping audio inputs" and you have to scan all the connection available between the TV and the sound bar.

    In that menu there was nothing indicated.
    I've started the scan and the TV has found the HDMI ARC connection available.

    Now I switch on/off the TV and the soundbar switchs on/off by itself (there's no need to use 2 remote controls anymore watching the TV).
    ------------------------------------------------

    I hope it helps.

    Regards

  4. #4
    New Member
    Points: 780, Level: 7
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    HÝrning Denmark
    Posts
    4
    Points
    780
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Tried deactivating all of the Easylink settings, removing the HTS from the settings of the TV and making a power off/on (on the switch). Then reenabling it all - didn't help :-(

  5. #5
    Platinum Member
    Points: 5,068, Level: 21
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 482
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Nettle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Padua, Italy
    Posts
    624
    Points
    5,068
    Level
    21
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    Rep Power
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by maintower View Post
    Tried deactivating all of the Easylink settings, removing the HTS from the settings of the TV and making a power off/on (on the switch). Then reenabling it all - didn't help :-(
    1) Have you mapped the HTS audio inputs again too?

    2) Have you updated the firmware version of the HTS7140?

    Regards
    Last edited by Nettle; 01-09-2012 at 07:50 AM.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Points: 780, Level: 7
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 170
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    HÝrning Denmark
    Posts
    4
    Points
    780
    Level
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Nettle View Post
    1) Have you mapped the HTS audio inputs again too?

    2) Have you updated the firmware version of the HTS7140?

    Regards
    Hi Nettle.

    Doesn't use the HTS7140 I'm using a DENON AVR-2312 Surround receiver.

    So can't scan as you suggest.

Similar Topics

  1. timer programing for HD channels fails
    By dan in forum TV: USB-recording
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 10:59 AM
  2. 40PFL6626H/12 and HD movie over usb
    By n_etf in forum TV: Streaming & Network
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-08-2011, 10:43 AM
  3. HTS7140 - No Ambisound HDMI ARC
    By Bogdan in forum Blu-ray: HTS Series
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 06:17 AM
  4. NetTV registration fails
    By meeeder in forum Smart TV: Error Messages
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 11:30 PM
  5. TELETEXT fails after NetTV
    By bta in forum Smart TV: Software
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-08-2011, 08:01 PM

Tags for this Topic

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •