Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Angry Current version is indecent!

My 5-years old kid asked me to show Simon's cat on our new 42' Philips TV. Cool idea.
    I turned TV on, went to Nettv - Youtube ... TA-DAM - New version of App avaiable - Install.
    OK. - App starts to play something without any key pressed by me. And first word I (and very confused little girl) heard from TV was F*CK (in Russian). Some videoblog for teens. It was not good for me, it was not good for 5-year old kid.

WHY SHOULD I HAVE NO CONTROL WHAT IS PLAYING WHEN I START YOUTUBE ON MY TV?
    Why Youtube site provides such control, but NetTV - doesn't?
    Why Youtube App on my 1000EUR TV does not support logging in?
    Why Youtube App on my 1000EUR TV does not support bluetooth keyboard?
    Why Youtube App on my 1000EUR TV looks like it was developed by teen student just after his night beer party?

When does Philips provide new (FIXED) version of YouTube App?
    Last edited by IgDem; 01-16-2012 at 01:48 PM.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

please ask YouTube these questions, too. The programmed this app ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    please ask YouTube these questions, too. The programmed this app ;-)
    Philips approves NetTV applications to be avaiable in NetTV catalog. So it's Philips' responsibility to have only appropriate App there, isn't it?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 781
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I didn't say that you ask YouTube only - but it always helps to ask both parties... ,-)

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I didn't say that you ask YouTube only - but it always helps to ask both parties... ,-)
    Agree. Done - reported to Google/Youtube.

Thanks.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Youtube horror

I want the old youtube interface back.
    The new one is... horror!

I want the option to login and the MY favorits, my playlists and not a search wich is slow as hell!

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Totally AGREE new youtube app is unusable and who was the MASTERMIND of this brilliant idea of starting playing a video without user concern!!!
    YOUTUBE APP SUCKS! NOT EVEN YOUTUBE OR PHILLIPS SHOULD ALLOWED THIS UPDATE! THIS IS A DOWNGRADE IN SERVICE!

PLEASE MODERATORS HELP THIS CLAIMS TO REACH THE RESPONSABLE FOR THIS OR TELL US WHERE TO COMPLAIN!

Is there a way to have back the old version?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs down PLEASE SUPPORT. Hear what your customers want!

Oh... And I forgot to say, that 1080 HD videos lagg arround like *$&*/%&

PLS Philips Customer Support... PLEASE hear what your customers say and fire up the person, who decided to bring up such a bad firmware with bad software as well and such a bad app-support for a 2200,- € TV and others!

Do you realy think that I will ever buy a Philips again, if I will get something like THAT again!?

Important for your new models:
    - Software have to be tested by your support and some others (bloggers as example) and released as stable!!! And not tested by your customers!

- Apps should just have a function what make sense on a tv... navigation on tv... realy nice idea... if my next car would have a build in 50" tv...

- Next time pls take an amount of money, higher some programmers, make some realy GOOD and very important STABLE apps and install them (one or two games, most important social and some newsblogs would be enough)

- Apps with a funtction wich is made for a tv should have a better interface (like youtube on Android or Facebook etc. on it and so on)

- Maybe it is an good idea, to make a standard for apps. Like android is a open system for mobilephones and used on different products from samsung, htc, motorolla and so on. Service and support would be much better and developers dont have to make 1000 different version of one app for 1000 different devices of tv's.

- And a nother ruge to programmers and support... IF you ever change a serviceprovider like now the tv guide or update it or anything else... take a look at first post... TEST IT and release it only after you finished work on it and you have a STABLE version of it!

- And a VERY important thing, too: Please use a faster cpu and system for your tv's above 1000,-€ and high speed cpu's for more then 1500,-€
    My system is %?"$§% slow!

What I mean is...
    I press next and wait that my tv switch to the next channel, than open home... I will wait... again... ok, I move the cursor right... I will wait... and open TV Guide... ok, wait... still waiting... ok it is loading... waiting... loaded. thx god it is up.
    And thats with 12.000 dsl! Wow...
    Ok lets try youtube... home... wait... wait... open net tv... wait... wait... wait a little more... ok thx open... search the youtube app with cursor... wait... wait... click and open... wait ... wait... wait... wait and make some coffee because waiting... wait oh loaded a video from a bunny running in the round... okay... open a musicvideo... scroll down... wait... wait... open last opened... wait.... wait... wait... wait... wait... mmh... wait... yes loaded... oh fuck, I pressed up... ok, press again down... wait... wait... aaaaaaargh fuck up I start up my pc it's faster and I can load my playlists.

Do you now knew what I mean?!

Sometimes I think the managers in your company don't knew what they do. And at the moment I think that many other persons could do a better job as a productmanager, as the managers you have do at the moment! Sry...

Sry, for the realy bad english gramatic and everything else.

PS: If you ever search persons with ideas and visions ... I will do it for half of the money! Just joking
    Last edited by V4Mp; 01-24-2012 at 12:42 AM.

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,080
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!25000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    I received some feedback from YouTube.
    Short term solution: They will only have family friendly videos in the automatically start-up.
    Long term solution: They will come with a new release that works more in line with http://www.youtube.com/leanback
    They apologize for inconvenience caused.
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Mark View Post
    Short term solution: They will only have family friendly videos in the automatically start-up.
    Long term solution: They will come with a new release that works more in line with http://www.youtube.com/leanback
    Well, I'd say "Good news, everyone"
    One request and one question, please:
    1. Please, make Google|YouTube sure - USB keyboard|mouse support - MUST HAVE for this app.
    2. Do you have any info about new release dates?
    Anyway - Thank you!

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    V4Mp, i agree with your comment in pretty much everything.

1080P lagging, since tv seems to have a very small buffer for catching videos, you can´t let them load and them watch it (that would suck also) because it always start loading again where you paused it (Im gona add an SD card to see if it improves that)

Slow tv interface/system , i must say that the last update for a series6000 TV improved that a lot (exept changing channel, what the tv is made for jeje)

About youtube app i realize that now i can watch HD videos (in the old version i couldnt) so if its true that they will update it to remove the automatic play of a video (i think the mastermind who did it should be fired right now) i think the app would be good adding also resolution selection, more description on videos, other interface, login option.....well basically should be the older with HD capability!

well and for last..about others needs abour the tv, maybe apple will release an appleTV (not the box) i mean de whole tv and all this problems will be past

What do you think??

Quote Originally Posted by V4Mp View Post
    Oh... And I forgot to say, that 1080 HD videos lagg arround like *$&*/%&

PLS Philips Customer Support... PLEASE hear what your customers say and fire up the person, who decided to bring up such a bad firmware with bad software as well and such a bad app-support for a 2200,- € TV and others!

Do you realy think that I will ever buy a Philips again, if I will get something like THAT again!?

Important for your new models:
    - Software have to be tested by your support and some others (bloggers as example) and released as stable!!! And not tested by your customers!

- Apps should just have a function what make sense on a tv... navigation on tv... realy nice idea... if my next car would have a build in 50" tv...

- Next time pls take an amount of money, higher some programmers, make some realy GOOD and very important STABLE apps and install them (one or two games, most important social and some newsblogs would be enough)

- Apps with a funtction wich is made for a tv should have a better interface (like youtube on Android or Facebook etc. on it and so on)

- Maybe it is an good idea, to make a standard for apps. Like android is a open system for mobilephones and used on different products from samsung, htc, motorolla and so on. Service and support would be much better and developers dont have to make 1000 different version of one app for 1000 different devices of tv's.

- And a nother ruge to programmers and support... IF you ever change a serviceprovider like now the tv guide or update it or anything else... take a look at first post... TEST IT and release it only after you finished work on it and you have a STABLE version of it!

- And a VERY important thing, too: Please use a faster cpu and system for your tv's above 1000,-€ and high speed cpu's for more then 1500,-€
    My system is %?"$§% slow!

What I mean is...
    I press next and wait that my tv switch to the next channel, than open home... I will wait... again... ok, I move the cursor right... I will wait... and open TV Guide... ok, wait... still waiting... ok it is loading... waiting... loaded. thx god it is up.
    And thats with 12.000 dsl! Wow...
    Ok lets try youtube... home... wait... wait... open net tv... wait... wait... wait a little more... ok thx open... search the youtube app with cursor... wait... wait... click and open... wait ... wait... wait... wait and make some coffee because waiting... wait oh loaded a video from a bunny running in the round... okay... open a musicvideo... scroll down... wait... wait... open last opened... wait.... wait... wait... wait... wait... mmh... wait... yes loaded... oh fuck, I pressed up... ok, press again down... wait... wait... aaaaaaargh fuck up I start up my pc it's faster and I can load my playlists.

Do you now knew what I mean?!

Sometimes I think the managers in your company don't knew what they do. And at the moment I think that many other persons could do a better job as a productmanager, as the managers you have do at the moment! Sry...

Sry, for the realy bad english gramatic and everything else.

PS: If you ever search persons with ideas and visions ... I will do it for half of the money! Just joking

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    If I load that link with my 2010 TV, TV screen stays black and it is loading forever ...
    Last edited by smart; 01-28-2012 at 12:15 AM. Reason: Added year of the TV

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 119
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Apologies not accepted also not from Philips.

From reading the on screen manual of my firmware updated 9000 series TV, I learned that the added value of a USB keyboard would be to type searches into Youtube.

The same day I went out and bought a K360 Logitech for 30 Euro's only to discover the Youtube application does not support keyboard input.

Philips misguided me into expecting enhanced functionality that is not there.

Youtube rapes our brains with the opening video with often way louder than TV sound and laughs in our face with the worst text input solution of standard installed applications.

imo Philips should better stop promoting this application, stop mentioning it and stop lying to customers in the manual about functionality that is not there UNTIL Youtube fixes the program and the above mentioned long term solution arrives yesterday

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have to say there couldn't be netter words to describe this horrible situation than you guys did it! Off course I have the same Problem. And I curse the day that I pushed YES to the install app update. Why they did it?! It was working wonderfully well!
    Now I want an answer from Philips, why there isn't an option to reinstall the old app version???
    Please release a downgrade to this app version meanwhile YOUTUBE "geniuses" working on the new one. This is a serious matter please do all you can to solve it fast as you can

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 19
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    By the way, if i remove this app, and reinstall it from the app store, will it install the old version?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast