Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgarz View Post
    55PUS7600 + Fidelio B5 + hue light

After many try (with and without other devices connected, new installation etc) I got from philips phone support to send back the TV for assistance.
    Once contacted by the technical support they asked me list of problems I found (that are all the problems we are discussing about here) and their answer has been "ok, we know, we need to change a piece inside".
    I had to wait 2 weeks for the spare part, but they substitute it on site!
    the "piece" is the motherboard!
    Well ... they changed it with a matherboard with same hardware version 8according to the numbers write on it), but the strange thing is that once switched on the TV was already setup with dutch language (I'm in Italy), so it seems they tested it before (I don't want to think that it was a used spare part).
    Anyway, the TV is working since 2 days without problems (I know that alsa with previous MOBO it was working for a week), the difference is that from 1st switch on it works more smoothly than before.
    Also the keyboard on back of the remote (they didn't change it) works much better than before (I don't have to be too close to the TV to get it work properly).
    So... I don't know yet how long it will works... but seems something changed.

If I'll face problems again I'll let you know.
    Same experience here.
    The TV (55PUS7170) has been repaired for the second time and it seems to work smoother now.
    But still waiting for an Android update...

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 38.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DmitryS View Post
    I think you are right but... I bought my 55pus7600 almost one year ago. I knew 2016 series is a bit better, but they have removed 3D support - so my decision was don't wait for anything and buy 7600 now.

Original firmware on TV was 05.38 (I may be wrong here - don't remember the details). I have installed almost all firmaware updates over this year... and I'm sorry to say this but I don't see any progress. Absolutelly NO PROGRESS.

The one thing they update continually is the fu...ing LOGO DATABASE - that is all.

However I still hope. So I'll try any software from any source and will hope they are able to fix issues somewhere and somehow. I don't need much things to be fixed - only two things described here - http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...759#post132759
    Hi DmitryS,

I have the same request just like you said:

===QUOTE===
    For 3D content, sometime TV shows full 3D switch menu

3D Format >
    2D
    3D - Side by Side,
    3D - Top / Bottom,
    3D - Side by Side Inverted,
    3D - Top / Bottom Inverted

and sometime short version

3D Format >
    2D
    3D

As I understooud the last one is valid for the case when TV is able to detect 3D content automatically. The problem for this mode is that sometime final 3D picture is "inverted" and there is no way to change it (as said, menu version is short). As result, it's impossible to see such content more than 5 mitutes - you will got terrible eye pain. Please display full 3D menu in all cases. I saw at least 3-4 same claims on this forum about same issue.
    ===END OF QUOTE===

I don't understand why they don't just keep the FULL 3D OPTIONS AVAILABLE ALL THE TIME, as you would be able then to enable 3D wherever you want, YouTube, Kodi, etc.

I now have a Android Stick plugged into my Android TV, just to be able to enable 3D in Kodi !!!

PHILIPS, WHY YOU DISABLE THE 3D OPTIONS WHEN USING ANDROID APPS ????????

WHY ??? WHY ??? WHY ??? ARE YOU INSANE ??? WHY ???

Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    It seems newer models, 2016 Philips TV's have received android 6.0.1 and thus lot of bug fix, chromecast works stable fast no black screens on TV's. http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...nd-7181)/page2

We however with the 2015 models will be probably stuck with android 5.1 and will never receive 6.0 and all the bugs will stay on our TV's. Unless Philips finds a way to implement 6.0 to 2015 TV's no matter how many updates it releases it will be all for nothing.
    Again, will I buy another Philips product again, am... nope, not a single one, ever.
    I was gonna buy a coffee maker from Philips but due to the 1000 eur TV and the software bugs and lack of support from Philips. Nope not a single one, ever, period.
    Just buy a SONY TV and be done with it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to vlavot For This Useful Post:

hendriks.alex (Today)

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Overall activity: 19.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Seems like if they cannot fix teh bugs now, the update 6.0, is pointless.. It will work even more worse and probably has some HW issues that cannot run An6. Well.. we'll have to wait until somebody has rooted it, and then probably throw out the shit thats not needed.. thats my hope at the moment. To philips TP - no hopes anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by vlavot View Post
    It seems newer models, 2016 Philips TV's have received android 6.0.1 and thus lot of bug fix, chromecast works stable fast no black screens on TV's. http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...nd-7181)/page2

We however with the 2015 models will be probably stuck with android 5.1 and will never receive 6.0 and all the bugs will stay on our TV's. Unless Philips finds a way to implement 6.0 to 2015 TV's no matter how many updates it releases it will be all for nothing.
    Again, will I buy another Philips product again, am... nope, not a single one, ever.
    I was gonna buy a coffee maker from Philips but due to the 1000 eur TV and the software bugs and lack of support from Philips. Nope not a single one, ever, period.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Seems like if they cannot fix teh bugs now, the update 6.0, is pointless.. It will work even more worse and probably has some HW issues that cannot run An6. Well.. we'll have to wait until somebody has rooted it, and then probably throw out the shit thats not needed.. thats my hope at the moment. To philips TP - no hopes anymore..

Quote Originally Posted by vlavot View Post

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jaars View Post
    No, no. The Android TV 6 will automatically fix many bugs like 5.1 audio etc. In my older post is a link to an article about it. I'm still expecting it for summer.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Since TP-Vision is doing large losses I wouldnt count on any large software efforts on their side to fix stuff that has already been sold. Insted they probably focus on making the new sets attractive to sell more and change their profit level.

I do wonder if the major stuff on the Android 6 for (legacy) chipsets like those we have (with 3D) is left for the TV developers to code/compile or if Google provide that, and if the reason were not receiving it is that TP need to code all their (both unusable/commercial and usable ) apps on a new platform. If the Marvell chipset coding/compiling of apps is left for the TV developer, I guess we will never see 6 on Marvell chipsets from TP vision due to time constraints/profitability level of the company. I do not know how profitable Sony is, but I guess they are doing much better than TP-vision.

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    People wake-up!! Andoid6 will never come to 2015 models and we will only receive fixes as " Stability improvement" or something like that. They have released models 2016 and 2017. we are end-of-life, if we like this or not. The moderator of this forum does not respond anymore. BTW, I have a 55PUS7600. My biggest issue is HDMI-ARC to my soundbar (Heos) and Blackscreens once a week, black screen anytime after using SmartTV or so. When I only use the TV as an domb-screen (TV) then it works fine.
    Last edited by Ambi1961; 03-24-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 96
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have contacted Philips for all the issues I have with my set and asked if I there's something they can do. Got a respond that they have ordered some parts to be changed. Didn't tell what parts but I'll update when the fix is done. Hope it will solve the problems. I somehow doub it but lets see...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to dante_ For This Useful Post:

mezanu (03-24-2017)

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!250 Experience Points3 months registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ssabb3 View Post
    Since TP-Vision is doing large losses I wouldnt count on any large software efforts on their side to fix stuff that has already been sold. Insted they probably focus on making the new sets attractive to sell more and change their profit level.

know how profitable Sony is, but I guess they are doing much better than TP-vision.
    I could not find the annual financial report of TPVISION with Google, can you please show the link to this document, thanks.

Maybe I am easy, but I still think the only way to fill their promises and leave happy customers behind them is to release Android TV 6 to 2015 lineup (to those capable for it). I picked this promise from their website:

"COMMITMENT TOWARDS CUSTOMERS
    TP Vision is committed to listening to and learning from customers by maintaining an ongoing dialogue with its customers, so that it is able to design and deliver the solutions they really want and need. TP Vision will always deal with its customers in a fair and forthright manner, maintaining the highest levels of integrity."

BTW. Just upgraded Lenovo Yoga tab 3 10 to Android 6 with no problems and also tried Android 6 TV on Xiaomi Mi Box, it seemed to work great, 69€ device + about 18 € of tax. A bit embarrassing for TPVISION to sell 1500-2500 € worth devices and have big software issues and put shame on PHILIPS brand Maybe my next TV will be XIAOMI

Addition 1: After Xiaomi test only one regret, I wish I had a 100 MBit/s connection in stead of my 10 MBit/s. YouTube 4k uhd was great, but only till the buffer run out. Well maybe I have to pay some extra to get 100.
    Last edited by 3DFreak; 03-24-2017 at 08:07 PM. Reason: addition 1

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213