• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Can't share video: no settings in app?

My neighbour has a Philips M100E/12 with firmware 7.4 - 47375 - 06aug2015_1807.

He had problems with it (was unable to access video outside of his home) and asked me to have a look (i posted this earlier, but when i returned, the post was closed ... although the post shows there was a reply to my post the day after i posted, i only received a notification about it 12 hours ago :-| ).

I installed the Insight app (v4.6.3) on my Samsung S6 (with Android Marshmellow). I have set up the device, i get live video while in my home. Now i want to share the video with friends. The manual says i should see a settings icon in the home screen of the app, but the only options i have in my home screen is Alerts, List of Monitors and the option to refresh.

(While i was struggling to get signed up to the forum and getting back to describe what i see i now find the monitor has gone offline also and i have to close the app, open it, see video, and after a few clicks it's offline again ... guess how i feel about the device :-( )

My question at that moment was: how do i share the video with others?

That problem is not resolved yet. Interestingly, i deleted the Insight app from my Android. After getting a notification of a reply, i had to connect to the webcam again, so i re-installed the app. I did not get a connection with the webcam, so i decided to reset the webcam, assuming i could a fresh setup. But in the Android app, i had no options to add a new webcam, and no option to generate a new QR-code. So i had to find someone with an iPhone to setup the webcam again. I also found the iPhone app worked like in the manual and gave me the option to share the webcam stream with friends.

I wonder whether Philips should want to leave that Android app as is in the App store: i would say either improve it, so at least it works like in the manual, or remove it from the app store :-(.

This whole support experience is an experience from hell. I use a password manager to create complex strong passwords, but the platform Philips uses seems unable to manage those, as it logged me out and did not let me in without a password reset, where i received a 8 character password.

Administrator
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 62
    Overall activity: 83.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Raoul,

Welcome to the Philips Support Forum. I am so happy you reached out to us here. I see you have tried different apps and different devices to see the videos. Yu have deleted and reinstalled the app, have you reset the camera right after you reinstalled the app on your smartphone? IS the router you are using on 2.4GHz? Did this occur after you updated you smartphone to a newer version?

That’s all form me now.
    Kind regards,
    Philips - Katerina

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Philips - Katerina For This Useful Post:

Raoul Teeuwen (03-20-2017)

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Katerina. First of all, thank you for your quick response, also on my first post. Too bad i did not get notified before you closed the ticket. This time i monitored this ticket manually...

Yes, i did reset the camera. Yes, the router is on 2.4 Ghz. I did not update my smartphone: since the app on Android totally doesn't work, i tried the iPhone of my wife, and found the iOS-app at least lets me add a camera and shows the options as mentioned in the manual.

I have added a friend to my friends list, but he still hasn't received an email about how to view the stream (and yes, i did ask him to check his spam folder).

Administrator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Thanks for the info. Hmmmmm, and you followed these steps:
    http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/c...w_partial.html

It does sound like there is something wrong with the camera internally which means that your local support center or your retailer should take over. Do you have their contact details?

Many regards,
    Philips – Katerina

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Katerina. Thank you. I forgot about the need for the guest/invitee to already have an Insight-account: i will check with my neighbour.

It would have been great if you would be able to invite anyone, and that they would receive an email on that email-address about being invited, and needing to create an account on that email-address. It's an 'interesting design choice' on how the flow is designed as it is...

If we still can't get guest access working, i will let my neighbour decide whether he still believes in the product enough to put in the effort.

Btw: i again did not receive an notification from the forum about your reply.

Administrator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi!

Since this thread has been silent I will close it.
    For anyone with a similar issue, please open up a new thread or ask one of the moderators to reopen this one.

Kind regards,
    Philips – Katerina