Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 44
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Htrnb View Post
    The 1.42 version give me a lot of problems. Where can I found the 1.35 version to install it?

Common bug in 1.42 and 1.35: if I set the wireless network on my router to 450Mbit/s, the player cannot connects. I need to set to 217Mbit/s. It very strange because one time the player got the connection and it reached a 300Mbit/s. My other device has no problem both with 450Mbit/s and 217Mbit/s. The router is new!

Bugs in 1.42:
    1. Wifi very unstable
    2. DLNA is very unstable: the BD freezes. (as olaf-g)
    3. I cannot stream in DLNA any kind of videos, photo or music. BD exits and says "Disconneted server" (as olaf-g). The server is working.
    4. I have tried with different DLNA server and with other devices works all perfcectly, with the BD is impossibile to stream anything.

Please: give me a valid link to the 1.35 version.
    Philips clearly doesn't have the resources to invest in software that's fit for purpose. I suggest you try Sony or Samsung or wait for Apple to bring out a blu-ray player or smart TV with streaming function and apps that actually work.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 37
    Overall activity: 15.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Internet is very unstable on my 7600 also. The player crashes all the time and I then have to unplug it. Seems connecting a keyboard makes things worse (and works only now and then, partly due to hangups caused by the stupid and complicating "show keyboard"/red button nonsense).

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 357
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!OverdriveVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear users,

Thanks all for confirming this DLNA and wireless network issue. I will pass your comments to our development team. Moreover, we are now looking into possibilities of a new firmware to resolve DLNA issue. We will update you all as soon as we have more concrete information.

Thanks for your patience whilst we are looking into the issue.

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Silver Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - QK View Post
    Dear olaf-g,

Thanks for giving us your valuable reviews .

We have fed back this issue to our development team and we are looking into these issues. Should you have any information to add upon these issues (especially on issue 1 and issue 4 you mentioned since we cannot reproduce the issue), please let us know.

We will update you as soon as we have more concrete information.

With thanks & regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    I also have network problems with the BSP5200: From the start it has been freezing occasionally when connected to the network, so I even decided to leave the player disconnected.

The player has been to service, where they concluded threre was nothing wrong with my player and that it had to be something else: 'check user's network'.
    But actually it's the only device that has any problems with it. Our Philips TV is connected to the same router and has absolutely not problems.
    We have one DSL modem router (100MB), which is connected to a switch (1GB, connected to desktop PCs, Home Server), which is connected to another router (1GB used as switch: TV, MediaCenter and BDP).

Chris

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Wireless

Inspired by Htrnb's post I experimented with the wireless at my house. As I noticed a difference when I used my travel wireless router and Htrnb experienced less problems at lower wireless connection speeds I connected my old wireless router which I bought 3 years ago. It's a Buffalo AirStation Nfiniti WHR-G300N v1. It supports 11n but when it was still draft-n. And with this router I have no problems at all. No freezes, DLNA works like charm and it's fast and stable. I can stream even 1080p mkv files with DLNA over wireless. Looks like the freezes were all related to the wireless. The wireless settings of the BDP tells me that it's connected at 300 Mbps with WPA2-PSK encryption - that was the same with the other routers.

So what is the difference? My Fritz!Box 6360 and my travel router (ASUS WL-330N3G) are both quite new devices. The buffalo is about 3 years old. In 11n mode the buffalo doesn't support the 5 GHz band but uses 2 channels in the 2.4 GHz band - which was actually a problem for my old notebook with an Intel 4965AGN. But for the BDP it seems to be even the better way. All my other wireless devices (old notebook HP nc6120, old notebook ThinkPad T61, netbook ASUS Eee PC 1001P, notebook ThinkPad T520, iPhone 3G, phone Samsung Nexus S) do not have a problem with the newer routers.

I revisited the USB-keyboard issue. I tried again with another keyboard because the first one I tried was rather old and I found out that the keyboard was broken. A Keyboard and even a mouse are working fine with the browser. Sorry for the wrong 'bug-report'. But I found another problem. When I'm in the browser and I press the option key I end up with a totally black screen and only the home button gets me out of there. When I reenter NetTV then I just get back to black screen. Can only be solved by a reboot.

So probably look into the wireless stuff of the BDP. I'm considering to buy a powerline adapter as it would make me independent from any kind of wireless problems.

Thanks @Philips-QK, I'm very pleased that such bug-reports are being forwarded to engineering. I hope it will be helpful... Well, a little selfish hope
    Last edited by olaf-g; 03-09-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

DLNA

I forgot to mention that my DLNA experience got much better since I upgraded the twonky DLNA server on my NAS (WD My Book Live) from the pre-installed outdated version 5.1.9 to the newer 6.0.38. Since then I can pause and seek streams and time search is working with the BDP 7600 as a client. I had to purchase a twonky license as I was unable to find the license file on the NAS but the much improved DLNA experience was worth it. If you also own a WD My Book Live you can find instructions for this update in this discussion.

If you also are using an old version of twonky then check if you can update. With older versions, such as 5.1.9, some features like pausing and seeking streams are not working with the BDP 7600 although this worked perfectly with the XMBC media center software as a DLNA client.
    Last edited by olaf-g; 03-09-2012 at 01:23 PM.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi all,

I have the same DLNA Problems which olaf-g described.

My BDP7600 is connected via LAN / D-LAN and not via WLAN. I use a very old version of Twonky 4.4.18 or so (running on a Buffalo Linkstation Live). I try to upgrade my Twonky and will report the result.

But I didn't expect so many "freezing" problems with the player.

Micha
    Last edited by Micha; 03-09-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 155
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I tried the TwonkyServer version 6.0.39, but I have the same problems as the version 4.4.18. I tried also other DLNA serves (e. g. iMediaShare on my Andorid smartphone) and I have also the same "freezing" problems.

Sometime I think I am to fast. When I browse slow through the browser, than mostly all is fine. But when I browse quick through the browser I have very often the effect that the browser freezes (e. g. when the cursor is on the first entry in the list and I click and hold the down button, then the cursor scrolls down. When the cursor is then on the last visible entry and the first unvisible entry shall be display, the browser freezes. This bug is repeatable).

I hope, you understand me.

Micha

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Within the last days I again experienced freezes when browsing DLNA resources, so the wifi is not everything. I can confirm Micha's report about freezes when navigating quickly with the DLNA browser: freeze when the cursor is on the last item while pushing and holding the down arrow and the cursor moved quickly down from the top. The typical use case is that I enter a folder and I know that the media I want to play is very far down in the list so I try to get there quickly.

Moreover I noticed that if the navigable column contains folders with a lot of content and I try to 'pass by' these folders quickly the BDP tries to display the contents of such folder and this slows down navigation. All these problems occur when I'm in the 'by folder' navigation mode. Sometimes I experience freezes also in the photo browser. I think it's always certain images which make the BDP crash. But I have to try to reproduce it and check if quick and slow navigation makes a difference.

But the last days I didn't run into the 'No connection to server' error message anymore. This issue seems to be fixed for me after I switched to my old wifi router. When I said before that I experience no freezes anymore then I was probably navigating slowly.

@Micha the updated twonky did not solve the freezes for me but since the update I can pause and seek streams.
    Last edited by olaf-g; 03-12-2012 at 09:41 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I will do a test with the BD connected with the cable and not on wifi.
    Somebody can give me the 1.35 version?

I hope that the development team will relase a software in a fast time. It is not possibile to have a lot of issue...

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have just tested the 7600 with ethernet connection and it has worked perfectly: no crash, no lag, very fast and stable.

The problem with the new firmware is for the WiFi connection. With the 1.35 version I can stream .avi or .mkv: now with WiFi it is impossibile!

I quote my self to highlight a problem that is common with the old and the new version of the firmware, but with the old firmware was possibile to steam movie...

Quote Originally Posted by Htrnb View Post
    Common bug in 1.42 and 1.35: if I set the wireless network on my router to 450Mbit/s, the player cannot connects. I need to set to 217Mbit/s. It very strange because one time the player got the connection and it reached a 300Mbit/s. My other device has no problem both with 450Mbit/s and 217Mbit/s. The router is new!

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear users,

Thanks for your understanding whilst we are looking into this.
    In v1.42, the DMR feature of DLNA has been enabled, but it affected the DLNA performance. In v1.35 DMR was not enabled. We are now working on a new firmware to solve this DLNA performance issue. Please bear with us for some time so that we can make it available as soon as possible for you all. In the meantime, if users wish, we can provide them with v1.35.

Also, please be noted that BDP5200/BDP7600 does not support 40Mhz channel bonding, from the info provided above (from user: htrnb), it looks like you are setting up your AP to channel bond (450Mbps). So this could be the reason why the BDP cannot connect.

Please refer to the below URL for the firmware download. (since the URL is temporary, if you have any difficulties getting the firmware, please contact moderators for help.)

http://wtrns.fr/aasPV5HeoxdE4Y

Firmware downgrading:

Note: Since for BDP5200, we have the same issues. So, v1.35 firmware for BDP5200 is in the pack also.

1. Download firmware from the pack. There is a BDP7600 v1.35 zip file and a BDP5200 v1.35 zip file.
    Make sure you the correct zip file downloaded. There should be a UPG_ALL folder with a BDP**00.bin file after unzipping.

2. Extract the UPG_ALL folder out and put it in a USB root directoryor burn it into a disc.

3. Plug the USB with UPG_ALL folder to your player and perform firmware upgrade as usual upgrade or put the disc with the UPG_ALL folder into the disc tray and let it automatically load.

4. Firmware downgrade should start.

* Make sure you only have one "UPG_ALL" folder in the USB/ disc so as to avoid corruption.

Let us know if you have any queries.

With thanks & regards,
    Philips Moderator Team
    Forum Mod

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,437
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

before downgrading, remove any disc from the tray - it's always better ;-)

Toengel@Alex

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear olaf-g & Htrnb,

Could you please provide us with more information:
    * In the renderer profiles for serviio, did you select Generic DLNA or Philips?
    * Also did you enable transcoding?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Renderer profile.PNG 
Views:	120 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	924

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Last edited by Philips - QK; 03-13-2012 at 09:34 AM.
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Also, please be noted that BDP5200/BDP7600 does not support 40Mhz channel bonding, from the info provided above (from user: htrnb), it looks like you are setting up your AP to channel bond (450Mbps). So this could be the reason why the BDP cannot connect.
    The 450Mbps is backward compatible with the 217Mbps, so it is needed that the device negotiate for the 217Mbps instead of the 450Mbps. I set the 217Mbps but the instability of the connection remains.

Could you please provide us with more information:
    * In the renderer profiles for serviio, did you select Generic DLNA or Philips?
    * Also did you enable transcoding?
    I set the router on WiFi 217Mbps: it can connect, but it does not work: very slow, lose connection, impossible to stream .avi or .mkv.
    With cable connection (ethernet gigabit), as I have said here, it works perfectly. The problem is not the DLNA client, but the WiFi on the BDP7600 with the 1.42 version.

I don't use the serviio but Twnoky, Tversity and MiniDLNA without transcode and the default setting for DLNA server: the BDP7600 connected with the cable works perfectly and in WiFi not. This is a problem of WiFi connection.

@for olaf-g
    : have you tried the BDP7600 connected with the cable with the 1.42 version? Does it work with DLNA? For me it works great with the cable, but I cannot use the cable where I put the player.
    Last edited by Htrnb; 03-13-2012 at 10:40 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast