Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Youtube on 42pfl5008k/12 - Loading... and nothing more

Hello everybody,

starting a week ago, or so, when I start Youtube on my 42pfl5008k/12, I can choose a video and then it gets stuck in "Loading...". This is the message I see on the screen and nothing else happens. Occasionally there is an advertising before that. This is a 2013 tv and should hopefully not be affected by all those problems I read about recently (2012 or older tvs not supported anymore regarding Youtube). Or are there any new problems? Any solutions? I have tried with a reset a few times, but the problem is still there. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Edit:
    Could any owner of the same tv (42pfl5008k/12) confirm the problem or disprove that the problem is of general character (in case you could play videos on youtube with the same tv)? The first thing that I am interested to know is if only my 42pfl5008k/12 is affected by the problem, or is the problem quite general. This information would certainly determine how to approach the problem and this is why it would be very valuable.
    Last edited by gagimax; 12-19-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 239
    Achievements:
    Veteran1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Same problem

Quote Originally Posted by gagimax View Post
    Hello everybody,

starting a week ago, or so, when I start Youtube on my 42pfl5008k/12, I can choose a video and then it gets stuck in "Loading...". This is the message I see on the screen and nothing else happens. Occasionally there is an advertising before that. This is a 2013 tv and should hopefully not be affected by all those problems I read about recently (2012 or older tvs not supported anymore regarding Youtube). Or are there any new problems? Any solutions? I have tried with a reset a few times, but the problem is still there. Thanks in advance for any help!!!

Edit:
    Could any owner of the same tv (42pfl5008k/12) confirm the problem or disprove that the problem is of general character (in case you could play videos on youtube with the same tv)? The first thing that I am interested to know is if only my 42pfl5008k/12 is affected by the problem, or is the problem quite general. This information would certainly determine how to approach the problem and this is why it would be very valuable.
    "Same Problem but my model is 29PFL2608 and started 3 or so weeks ago"

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 293
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Same problem but my model is 46PFL8008. I am inclined to believe that these issues occur on the whole xxx8 series and sadly Philips is just ignoring at this stage it as this issue has been posted before.

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Well, what I additionally noticed is that I can play one video - whether a commercial, or a real YouTube video, but only one! This will work every time when YouTube has not been used, or rather there was no attempt to use it, for at least a few hours. After one video, it gets stuck with that "Loading..." message 99% of time.
    Hence, for that 1%, I was able to get it actually running. I deleted the internet memory and tried and tried all over again. In several occasions it did work. But I just noticed that when I cast it from my mobile phone, it works nicely (actually it is the well-known workaround). So, at this moment this appears to be the only reasonable solution (though far away from a perfect one!). But I am deeply disappointed by Philips. Every year there are new devices that get affected by diverse issues, YouTube being one of the major issues. And they are still so inactive! Just as many others, next time I will definitely have to go for another brand. Once they loose sufficient customers they will start caring about them... but it just might be too late then, simple as that!
    Last edited by gagimax; 12-27-2016 at 09:08 PM.