Level completed: 86%, Points required for next Level: 7
    Overall activity: 51.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Problems with shb5250

Hello,

I have bought the shb5250 2 weeks ago to run.
    I put my samsung s4mini in my right pocket.
    I have connected it to my samsung like the manual says (no problems to connect)
    and the first run of 1h, there where no problems and i was really excited about the sound and the headset
    The second i went go to run, suddenly after 30min, the music start to stutter and it couldn't be fixed
    The third time i went to run, everything was back ok but suddenly after 30 min, the music stops and the
    white led keeps going on. I couldn't even switch it off!!???
    I have let the headset battery run totally empty and then full recharged them.
    Now, i am not able to connect my headset to my phone.
    The led flashes bleu and white but my phone doesn't reconise/find my headset anymore
    I have several let the headset charged up but nothing seems to work?

What is the solution for this please?
    Ps is there a way to reset the headset?

Many grtz Lorne
    Last edited by Lorne; 05-31-2017 at 09:30 AM.

Administrator
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 841
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Overdrive10000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Level
    Thanks
    Hello Lorne,

First of all welcome to the Philip Support forum. Thank you for reaching out to us about your newly purchased pair of headphones.
    The stuttering can be because the headphones are too close to the source, that is the mobile phone. If you could pair them then we could run a simple test like pairing them and keeping them at a distance to see if the stuttering would continue.
    But now you can't pair them.
    As there is no way to reset them and you have recharged them there is on thing to do and that is try and pair them with another phone. Could you please do so? Do you alse possible have another Bluetooth device to pair with your phone? I am only asking so we can find the source, is it the phone or the headphones?

Looking forward to hearing from you again.
    Many regards,
    Philips - Katerina

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hey Lorne. As I see it you have 2 problems: 1) you cannot pair with your phone, and 2) the sound cuts out when you are jogging.

For the first one, try pairing with another device (like a laptop). Remember that you have to have the headphones plugged in via USB to the device to do this. Also, you need to hold the button a bit longer than 5s in order to pair. So if you put in the earbuds and hold the button, you should hear the first beep (that tells you it's on), and then keep holding until you hear a second beep, meaning it's ready for pairing. Then you have to choose to pair with the headphones on your device. I had this problem last night and that was the solution.

As far as problem #2: what Katerina says is a good way to debug: pair with your phone and try listening to music for an hour or two and see if the problem still exists. If it still exists, then perhaps your phone's bluetooth is acting funny. If it doesn't exist when standing still, then probably the problem is while jogging as everything is moving around. There is a similar model explicitly made for joggers where the bluetooth device is in the earpieces so it won't move around so much when jogging. Or you could try taping the bluetooth device to your neck or something and see if that works.

Hope that helps!

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Thanks Katerina and Stevedonkey for the support!

I will try this and i will let you know the result.

Many thanks and grtz

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have tested shb5250 (fully charged, more then 3hours???) on another samsung smartphone and the device found the headset and connect it whithout any problems. I played a song and tested with 2min playtime and turned off the headset. (the music plays now through the speaker of the phone) 2 hours later when I left my visite, I did a 2nd check to be sure. Now the phone connected on screen (says connected) but not on the headset itself. With everything I tried, the power would not go on by led on the headset for pairing and no audio was possible? It seems that the battery is empty… How can the battery been empty if I just tested it 2hours ago by pairing and using it only for 2min playtime???!!! When I was back home, I put again the headset in the charger with the delivered usb kabel. After 30 min charging (and still charging) I tried again to connect on my Samsung s4 mini. Now the power goes on, he found back my headset and everything worked again    I tested it also with 2 min playtime. No problems so I turned off the headset and the music plays through my speaker of my phone. I thought I had solved the problems but I found it already strangs that now the charging process was during almost 5 hours… Then the white led went out. The next day (with the thought that my headset was fully charged and the connecting was back ok) I went back for a run. it connected well and played wonderfull for circa 30min. Then the problems starts again  The music starts to stutter, even when I try then to put my Samsung closer or far away from the headset. After 2 mins stuttering, the music stops playing. I hear in my headset again: connected but no music is playing. So I stop to run. I look at the screen and see “connected” on the screen but I can’t put the headset online for pairing and to see the led turning blue/white. When I was back home, I have let it charging again. Now after 5 hours charging, the white led turned off. The next day I tested again to switch the headset to power on but nothing happens. Even when I tested it to connect on my pc. Even there the headset can’t be found and I can’t switch power on. So I have let him charging again. The white led goes on and after circa 4 hours it turn off. Again I try to switch power on and to connect but no led is going on… Before I bought it, I had checked out my specifications of my phone and the specifications of the headset and it is compatible… Like the user manual says, with a full charged battery, I should be able to use my headset for 4-5 hours. The best I can get is 30 min!? A full charged battery should take 2hours of time. The best I can get is in 4 hours!? (although on my first charging, it did take only 2 hours. ) So my conclusion is that the headset only worked fine the first time I used it and played wonderfull whithout any problems during a run of 1 hour. What is the problem and the solution please? Is the battery starting to flip or is there something wrong with the software of the headset? I don’t use the headset for playing at home. It is only ment to use when I go for a run and I think 1hour of playing time isn’t so much asking…For people who having the same problem about “my phone doesn’t recognise my headset”, is the solution that katerina says: try it on another phone.I really consider to go back to the shop because the only thing I can do with it, is only charging. (Although my phone recognise the headset and says connected and i have tryed also with another kabel)

Many grtz

Administrator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi Lorne,

A Bluetooth headset should work as follows: you charge it,you pair it, you play music with it for 4.5 hours and then you charge it again and the whole cycle continues. In your case if I may summarize, you charge them , they stutter and you can only play music for a few minutes. The stuttering can be connected to the fact that they are too close to the phone as the Bluetooth can have issues when the source is too close to the headphones. Having said that, the headphones should be able to play music if you connect them to the phone and let's say move away up to 10 whole meters. So if this is not possible then yes, please take them back to the dealer if that is an option. I can't pinpoint where the issue lies but you have tried several times and they won't do what they should.

Many regards,
    Philips - Katerina

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Katerina,

Thanks for your quick answer. Indeed i will return them to the store because now i can only charge them till the white led is out but even then i can't power on. Then charge again and again...There must be something wrong with it. Anyway i wanna thank you for the support, i really appriciate it!

Many grtz Lorne

Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Katerina,

Thanks for your quick answer. Indeed i will return them to the store because now i can only charge them till the white led is out but even then i can't power on. Then charge again and again...There must be something wrong with it. Anyway i wanna thank you for the support, i really appriciate it!

Many grtz Lorne

Administrator
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Hey Lorne,

Happy I could be of assistance it has been a pleasure talking to you.

Good luck returning them

Many regards,
    Philips - Katerina