Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi

@Freddy

the on-screen widgets are mostly based on the HBBTV 1.1.1 web standard (together with CE-HTML 1.0). However, the 2010 integrated opera browser (which is the basis) does only support CE-HTML 1.0 and not HBBTV 1.1.1. That's the reason why the on-screen widgets of e.g. ARD are not functional/viewable on 2010 models and the mediathek is loaded instead of the "ARD Startbar on-screen widget".

Toengel@Alex
    Again my question to Mark: When will we get an update to the browser that DOES support HBBTV 1.1.1 on the 2010-models ???????????????? Please an update!

Gold Member
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second ClassOverdriveNew Achievement!5000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Question Explanation about hbbtv and used url

Hi Mark,

please would you be so kind to give us some explanations how the hbbtv will work.

For 2011 models you already described that the start url and the data for the start widget are part of the broadcasted tv signal which is a down stream path only. All further data are transfered via TCP-IP which is an up- and downstream.

But for the 2010 and the 2009 models? Is really the url in the broadcast used? For me it seems that the broadcasted url is ignored and the philips IP-EPG server is asked for the url to open. So "red button" mapping in 2010 and 2009 can only be done by philips and not by our (cable) providers. I assume this because when I press the red button on a channel that is not mapped at the IP-EPG my TV opens the IP-EPG dialog where I'm asked to map the channel.

So I kindly ask you to give us an info how the "red button" function is realized for non 2011 and beyond models. Thanks in advance.

Enjoy your tv, it's fun.
    bta

40pfl7605h/12 @ 140.46
    Last edited by bta; 02-01-2012 at 07:26 PM. Reason: add tv and sw

Silver Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 214
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Yes, I'm starting to understand...
    Indeed I get directly into the 'Mediatheken' part when pressing the red button. The other thing does look nice and fun to have (kind of 'now and then' - to put some oil on the fire ), but I agree what Freddy says, that I personally do not care that much.. It's a nice-to-have for me...
    Actually I found the one for ZDF actually is much cooler as it supports a nice picture in picture.

I do not understand though, why my dutch channels don't work, while the German ones do... ?!

Whaha.. lol... Just tried the non-HD versions of the Dutch public channels and there it does work (goes straight into the catch-up service).. Really strange...

Finally, I would also like to join bta: Enjoy your TV!

Greets,
    Chris
    Last edited by Chrissie18; 02-01-2012 at 08:39 PM. Reason: typo's

Silver Member
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy View Post
    "..." But for those who do value a more slick look (and I sure wouldn't mind of course): I don't understand why it isn't offered on 2010 devices, as it is actually remarkably similar to the original widgets that were supported (but never used) up until firmware 140.11. So, how hard can it be, Mark?...
    I agree with Freddy.

I think that the 2010 models should have full support to the HBBTV. Should be fair, given the lack of the "Widget" functionality (promised and then removed by Philips).

Sincerely,
    Adamo
    Last edited by Adamo; 02-01-2012 at 09:52 PM. Reason: typo

Gold Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamo View Post
    I agree with Freddy.

I think that the 2010 models should have full support to the HBBTV. Should be fair, given the lack of the "Widget" functionality (promised and then removed by Philips).

Sincerely,
    Adamo
    Totally agree. So when will the 2010-models het the correct Opera-browser so the full Hbbtv-functionality is there ?? Please Mark or someone else from Philips an update on this issue!!!!!

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

@Eric
    try to start a poll for the support of HBBTV in 2010 TVs... maybe we can reach some descision makers ;-)

Toengle@Alex

Gold Member
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Erikrijnders View Post
    Totally agree. So when will the 2010-models het the correct Opera-browser so the full Hbbtv-functionality is there ?? Please Mark or someone else from Philips an update on this issue!!!!!
    Poll is made, bu I really think Philips must wake up and aswer to questions asked by there consumers here!!!

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have a 2011 model 37PFL7606 and I'm using DVB-C in Germany from the provider Kabel Deutschland. HbbTV shows the red button on my TV and works for all free tv channels (ARD, ZDF, ARTE, N3,...).

But I get no message on any encrypted channel and when I press the red button on any encrypted channel, I get a message saying that there is no hbbTV available. As far as I know that's not true. I know that RTL, PRO7, SAT1 and ... support hbbTV.

So I read, that the cable company is responsable for the red button signal. Ok, maybe! But I still ask myself why I can't get hbbTV for all these channels. Who has to do what? Do I have to blame Kabel Deutschland? Is is a bug in my TV (running newest software)? What can I do?

Thanks for you help,
    Andreas

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by watirofo View Post
    Hi,

I have a 2011 model 37PFL7606 and I'm using DVB-C in Germany from the provider Kabel Deutschland. HbbTV shows the red button on my TV and works for all free tv channels (ARD, ZDF, ARTE, N3,...).

But I get no message on any encrypted channel and when I press the red button on any encrypted channel, I get a message saying that there is no hbbTV available. As far as I know that's not true. I know that RTL, PRO7, SAT1 and ... support hbbTV.

So I read, that the cable company is responsable for the red button signal. Ok, maybe! But I still ask myself why I can't get hbbTV for all these channels. Who has to do what? Do I have to blame Kabel Deutschland? Is is a bug in my TV (running newest software)? What can I do?

Thanks for you help,
    Andreas
    Hi Andreas,
    have you tried to test HBBTV on Pro7 SD? There it should work. RTL doesn´t provide a HBBTV Page. This might be a limitation of the Philips TV. All other strange behaviours with HBBTV are bugs of the TV.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    First I'll try to clarify some remaining confusions on differences between HbbTV and CeHtml/NetTV. After that I have a question special to NetTV2011 devices.
    Even if my 8404 doesn't support HBBTV I 've got some experiences with other devices...

* HbbTV is signalised in DVB-Data as so called DVB-URL and could only work, if channel is transmitting this data. Even if a station sends a DVB-URL via Satellite this signal is still missed in various cable networks. In Germany the big cable operators transmit HBBTV-Signal only fur public broadcasters, so on private networks (Pro7, RTL...) there isn't a HBBTV-Signal (some cable network operators like mine take signals direct from Satellite Astra and there the HBBTV on Sat1/Pro7 is working

* the HbbTV-Signal may show an widget (overlay or icon) and the entry into HBBTV-Application goes then via Red button and call the DVB-URL. Mostly this DVB URL guides to an internet adress that starts the App. But the App could alternatively be also transmitted by DVB-Data. Apps accessed via Internet works also on older devices, only special functions aren't working. Access to channel list an switching channels don't work when called the Internet URL directly. The whole ARD HBBTV App works including HBBTV-EPG on my 8404 when calling URL, only channel switching and running tv channel in background don't work.

* HBBTV works -if supported- independent from manufacturer, so all received services could be displayed - there is no need for an special deal whith portal. But here in Germany some Station limit access to only certified manufacturers for special DRM requirements. So RTL-HBBTV doesn't work on many devices, assume even not on Philips.

* Red button via NetTV/IPEPG works different. This way the URL from Philips data base in NetTV is called - and this URL is mostly different from the HBBTV-Internet URLs. So for ARD only the mediathek is accessible - the colour buttons are disabled, Tagesschau is accessed via different APP. The coloured Buttons to navigate between Tagesschau, Mediathek, Diggitext and HBBTV-EPG work correctly when called URL diffently via Internet APP. And many channels transmitting HBBTV signals aren't linked via NetTV red button.

So and now I come to some observations using a HBBTV enabled PFL7406 during Christmas holidays:

When pressing Red Button after Zapping before the HBBTV-Signal is recieved correctly it starts the URL linked by NetTV/IPEPG. This is a bit confusing.

And for radio channels transmitting HBBTV-Signals (all ARD Radio stations do) this seems to be suppressed by TV-Software and isn't handled properly: When Zapping from one ARD-Radio channel to an other some times the HBBTV-Widget of the station listened just before is displayed or is shortly diplayed during zapping but fast hided. But I couldn't call a HBBTV-App of any ARD radio station. Is this fixed by now?
    Last edited by ahasver; 03-14-2012 at 04:20 AM.

DerShortyy
    Very nice clarification!!!

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

HbbTV in the Czech Republic

Hello,
    the last Friday (4th May 2012), the state-supported public TV in the Czech Republic (CT) started HbbTV broadcasting on all of its channels via DVB-T. According to the instructions and presentations of the Czech television station, the red button indication should be displayed on the screen and everything should work similarly as in Germany. But the the red button indication is not displayed on my 32PFL6606H with the last firmware and with HbbTV switched on. It is a 2011 model, so it should work. What could be the issue? More people report the same problem on Czech forums.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Can i expect my 42PFL7665H able to work with France5 HbbTV some day ?
    thanks

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

HbbTV is not supported on 2010 devices.

Toengel@Alex

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    OK thanks for answer
    Next buy I will try another brand

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Tags for this Topic