Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 91
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Yesterday i found a new issue on my 46PFL9706/H12. Latest 14.95.0 firmware.

I noticed that the audio synchronisation was completely of.

I had noticed this problem before, but it was never this bad. There was like a 2 seconds delay on
    audio. (The picture came before the voice) Switching to other channels did not fix this problem.

The strange thing is that i was listening to the build-in speakers of the TV. There was no external
    audio device connected.

A cold reboot fixed the problem, but it seems like sometimes the TV has trouble to sync the audio to the picture.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 80
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Basel View Post
    I confirm, this is so annoying!

After I turn PNM OFF in the picture menu, I switch the tv off and on again, PNM is back ON although the menu still says its OFF.

Please fix this!

I have a 52PFL9606K
    I also confirm this annoying problem
    Philips,please fix this!and soon
    I have 37-9606M

Silver Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    BUG noticed: after using Net TV portal I can not switch to the HDMI input that I use for watching my satellite receiver. When I select it via "Home"=>"My input"=>OK nothing happens. I do not get even message with the input's name on screen. Actually I can not switch to any of the inputs I have configured. What I notice that when pressing "Home" button the cursor resides on "Watch TV", when usually it is over the last selected input. I do not have any DVB-H/C or analogue channels installed on TV itself.
    That happens half of the times when I use Net TV portal(I mainly use the web browser).

Silver Member
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by limpitakis View Post
    Your welcome,
    My horses on the latter which is that Xpand will launch un update to make X104 glasses compatible with the new platinum 9956. However it is unclear whether this update will be a part or not of the new aclaimed software we all have been waitiig for.
    So I do not think that philips has anything to do with this compatability issue. It is up to expand only to modify/add additional drivers to its product to meet new 2011 requirements such as the new 2011 philips tv family.
    Nick
    For Your Information. I copy literally.

I am so sorry that you have experienced problems with our glasses. I can ensure you that a firmware that we are releasing will take care of the problem. The initial date of the release is February 9th.I have already contacted appropriate people to confirm the date of release and I will update you ASAP.
    I can also insure you that if after the firmware upgrade your glasses will experience further problems, WE will replace it (no matter what the return policy of the seller is).

Thanks and our apologies

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    i know just about everyone has including me has talked about this, but local dimming is a big problem. i have now owened my philips 58pfl9956 since before around xmas. and still there is no firmware fix for this or any date of when they hope to fix this. i have registerd a service case with philips. had a technician they use. and he said is not anything wrong physicaly with my tv. he was aware of the problem and he said that he had spoken with philips technicians in holland. and they said they are aware of the problem. but again they couldent say to company they use in norway when the fix will come. its jsut very disapointing when one uses thousends of euros on a top of the line tv and it doesent do what is advertised it can when you turn it on. i have spoken with allot of people who have diffirent and they have not had this kind of problem from day 1 with their flatscreen tvs. makes me miss the days one bought a tv in the store and it was ready out of the box and even did all the brochure said it would. if someone from philips came out in these forums and just talked to us and said when the hope to have this fixed so people dont take good tvs back to the store. its to bad this should happen. but it seem like no one knows or the only people who know about this are the ones not saying a word. a think AW products should just work I dont want a TV that is like a windows xp computer that need updates all the time. anyway i hope someone inn philips is readding this and can atleast post a response. it think with so many customers putting the trust and hard earnes money in their products its the least philips can do. i hate having products that make me think i maybe shouldent have bought or they give the beta product feeling. thats my and i think many many other users thoughts too.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    @21_9_78: Can you check one thing, the 2011 tv's have a weird behaviour when Dynamic Backlight and Light Sensor are both on. Can you turn out the Light Sensor and test if the local dimming problem persists?

Gold Member
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    To all: I have one more question, I still experience 3 to 4 resets every evening with this new firmware 14.95. Do you experience this too or is your SW Event Counter still on 0? I'm trying to get a grip on these, in which conditions do you experience resets?

You can check the number of resets by pressing 123654 on the remote. The CSM (consumer service menu) will be displayed, go to page 3 and check SW (software) event count and H (hardware) event count.

Thank you for your reply.

DerShortyy

local dimming

Hi,

in my opinion, local dimming problems and all the other issues with bad visual effects are caused by the source material itself. i.e. the TVīs are built for HD content like from blu rays or HD channels. With standard digital quality they have their "problems" because the the source material is still too bad.

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    To all: I have one more question, I still experience 3 to 4 resets every evening with this new firmware 14.95. Do you experience this too or is your SW Event Counter still on 0? I'm trying to get a grip on these, in which conditions do you experience resets?

You can check the number of resets by pressing 123654 on the remote. The CSM (consumer service menu) will be displayed, go to page 3 and check SW (software) event count and H (hardware) event count.

Thank you for your reply.
    Hi blue,
    i can confirm. my event counter has still entries, i.e. occasional reboots, particulary while using network based functions like HBBTV, DLNA are still present. Nevertheless the reboots has become much less than before!
    best regards

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 144
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    CI Problem, Dropouts

TV: 32PFL9606k/02
    FW: v0.14.95.0

Hello!
    On my TV with Alphacrypt Classic CI Module, V3.23, and Unitymedia Smartcard UM02 there are still dropouts on encrypted channels, the device turns off several seconds and then displays a message box with no content.

BYE
    Michael

Silver Member
    Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 212
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Level
    Thanks
    @DerShortyy
    You are completely off target with your assumptions - read carefully whole thread. All the issues are present on HD content, that's what everybody who bought 40"+ TV set is watching. I watch predominantly(85%) HD content and I can confirm local dimming glitches. Also DSE which is infesting Philips high-end TV sets is a HARDWARE issue, it is not connected with source quality in any way.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,102
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

for CI(+) problems, see also: http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...with-CI-module

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    have tried turning off the lightsensor @bluevoice, but that unfortunatly doesnt fix a thing, and @DerShortyy the problem with dynamic backlighting is present all the time no matter the source material i mostly use blu-ray films on a philips bfp9600 with my 58pfl9956 as you still see it on good quality movies. it is depressing , because frienda of mine have topp of the line models from sony,samsung and they have not close to as big problem as my 58pfl9956. it makes me wish i stayed with plasma tv. i form before have a pioneer and inn som way wished they still made tvs. i panasonic is still not quite the same. and hardwarein 2011 has no problem keeping up with the action in the picture on others brands. sp i am hoping for a soon fix. in every other case of simmilar problems i am used to reading in the press that the brands be it sony or microsft go out and are sorry about the problem . and will have it fixed before a certain date. there is nothing more important then respecting customers. and philips not saying anything to its customers at all is plain rude. it gives me the feeling they dont care and all they want it my money. when it comes to the asian companies there will usually be a CEO bowing and bowing and saying how sorry they are so PHILIPS should wake up!!!

DerShortyy
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_9_78 View Post
    have tried turning off the lightsensor @bluevoice, but that unfortunatly doesnt fix a thing, and @DerShortyy the problem with dynamic backlighting is present all the time no matter the source material i mostly use blu-ray films on a philips bfp9600 with my 58pfl9956 as you still see it on good quality movies.
    Hi,

on which level do you have your dynamic backlightning?

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    i have tried all 3 diffirent settings on the 58pfl9956 standard,best power and best picture. but they all have problems keeping up with movement in the picture. and they keep missing by darkening the wrong areas and lighting up. plus their is the problem of backlighting everyone now and then giving flash like blinks. i live in also live in a country where there is allot of subtitles on tv and the philips keeps reacting to this too.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast