Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 139
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    like a i said i talked last week with a technician with philips service partner in norway and he was aware of the problem. and he said philips also knew about this, but they havent even toled him when the firmware fix will be released. but how many months should this take. it should have been working when they released the tv. its not very good control from philips part to release a product that is a beta product.

Gold Member
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 25
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 21_9_78 View Post
    i have tried all 3 diffirent settings on the 58pfl9956 standard,best power and best picture. but they all have problems keeping up with movement in the picture. and they keep missing by darkening the wrong areas and lighting up. plus their is the problem of backlighting everyone now and then giving flash like blinks. i live in also live in a country where there is allot of subtitles on tv and the philips keeps reacting to this too.
    Can you turn the Dynamic Backlight and the Light Sensor both completely off and see if it helps?

Also what setting do you use for Dynamic Contrast?

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    i use 50% for dynamic contrast have setting low. i use settings that i have got form profesionals when they tested the tv in a norwegian magazine. turning it off ofcourse solves the problem, but the point i want is a working local dimming system not one i have to just turn off because it doesnt work. all the other tv brands manage to get it to work. if philips cant get it work they shouldent include they function and put such a high price on the tv.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 62%, Points required for next Level: 116
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I use 99% of HD +, Sky HD and Bluray.
    The artifacts are Localdimming only be repaired by turning off the dynamic backlight.
    I have for weeks tried every possible settings, testing the internal tuner and multiple external HD receiver.
    The sparkle and wrong belongs darkening of image areas, changing your settings can not be eliminated!
    People do not see these problems should not automatically conclude that it is generally not the problem!
    It certainly knows only Philips, whether different hardware was installed on the TV, or wherever else these errors come from!

(Google Translator)

DerShortyy

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bluevoice View Post
    To all: I have one more question, I still experience 3 to 4 resets every evening with this new firmware 14.95. Do you experience this too or is your SW Event Counter still on 0? I'm trying to get a grip on these, in which conditions do you experience resets?

You can check the number of resets by pressing 123654 on the remote. The CSM (consumer service menu) will be displayed, go to page 3 and check SW (software) event count and H (hardware) event count.

Thank you for your reply.
    This evening i played around with the new myremote app 2.0 and the TV crashes it was a reboot without philips logo. after that crash the network connection was lost until the internal network elements has been started again (after 1-2min).

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    @Cinema 21:9 you are right, when i spoke to the philips representative or technican it is something in hollans knows about and they rekon the can fix it in a firmware update. no settings will fix this and all settings are testet so people do not need to wonder what settings we are using. no matter what we do only firmware or worst case scenario hardware will fix the problem. i find it very depressing that philips did check that this worked before the started sending the tvs to stores around the world. it is very amateur and irresponsible.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 2
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

as far as I know you can make the videotext transparent. Just press the option button during you are in videotext mode.

Toengel@Alex
    Yes, you are right, but this option is not stored. So with each activation of videotext it must be enabled again.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 26
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

TXT issue, local diming, 'foggy' LCD, excrypted error and more....

SEVERAL ISSUES with 46PFL9706H/12

1) Still sometimes TXT issue using Ziggo CI+, this supposed to be fixed in this latest release

2) Sometimes, when switching channels, it states decrypted channel. If I then switch channel, which then works and then switch back, the problems is solved.

3) The local diming is realing causing a "ghost" effect. Especially in darker areas in slow moving images. Very annoying

4) When I watch TV broadcasts where the camera turns from left to right and vv. and the backgound does not move/change. For example soccer fields during a football match, it looks like their is vertical "fog" or "smudges" behind the LCD screen that move along with the camera. As if you are watching through dirty glasses/window

5) I have also another issue open on this forum, with regards to wifi media connect, with also strange behaviour.

6) Sometimes the screen does not turn on while the ambilight comes on with white led. A power off is the only solution

7) Sometimes the HDMI 1 ARC channel does not activate the amplifier

I have a 46PFL9706H/12. This is supposed to be top of the bill LCD TV (the price is) with moth eye filter but since I have bought it I have still not been a happy user as it just has to much anoying little and bigger issues.

It was already returned to Philips for repair for nearly 3 weeks within 2 weeks after I bought it.

I bought in December 3D glasses PTA516 on Philips.com. Turns out they make a BUZZ sound. New ones were promissed. I had to wait 2 months before I finally received 1 replacement. The other ones are still to be received.

I have always been a big fan of Philips TV's but I am really starting too loose faith ....... unfortunate...... :-((

PHILIPS please fix the issues but moreover communicate what is being worked upon to be fixed, manage our expectations. As your customers I belief we deserve it.

Thank you

I really hope that the Philips Engineers can get these issues finally fixed or offer a good deal on the 2012/2013 model if this is without any issues. Could you imagine if this was a CAR .........

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    HI All

Have the same issues (all of them + two more) as frankie described in previous post - 46PFL9706K/02, called customer service few times, they let me wait on the phone with no answers, sent them an email, no response yet (more then 2 weeks). Few issues with HTS 8562 home cinema, same process at customer service. Both bought just before X-mass. Does anybody have any contact to escalate this upstairs in Philips organization ? I am really fed and bought this high cost products with expectation of high quality

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomercy View Post
    HI All

Have the same issues (all of them + two more) as frankie described in previous post - 46PFL9706K/02, called customer service few times, they let me wait on the phone with no answers, sent them an email, no response yet (more then 2 weeks). Few issues with HTS 8562 home cinema, same process at customer service. Both bought just before X-mass. Does anybody have any contact to escalate this upstairs in Philips organization ? I am really fed and bought this high cost products with expectation of high quality
    @Nomercy: are the issues with the HTS8562 similar to what I described here:

http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...50PFL7956H-12)

Do you also experience resets and bad Easylink compatibility (i.e. no or wrong Easylink menu items on the TV menu)?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Yes bluevoice and I tried to fix, it worked just for while and now is issue back + very, very, very noisy blueray player

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Yes bluevoice and I tried to fix, it worked just for while and now is issue back + very, very, very noisy blueray player
    @Nomercy: There is no fix, so join the club of waiting people. I'm waiting for 4 months for a fix now and still nothing... I do not know any way to escalate this or I would do it.

I talked to the Customer Service of the Philips Online Shop (the place were I purchased both my tv and HTS) and they told me they have no direct line with the development team. So if there is a problem a repair service process is started (so that they can start swapping components and stuff) but there is no direct feedback to the people who make / test the software of these products. Do you see a flaw in the Philips R&D flow?

I'm affraid that Philips is switching development to TVP, and we are left out in the cold in this transition period and we'll never see a fix for our cripled devices. Of course bugs will be solved in the newer products... I wonder how the current situation will impact the already not so great TV sales. This is bad advertising for Philips!
    Last edited by bluevoice; 02-16-2012 at 09:02 AM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I feel the same, friend of my bought Samsung, had issue with channel switching, reported this to customer service, they sent technician, who fixed everything for him, including filling the papers at his home...

BTW - I still wait for promised wireless module for rear speakers, wall mount of rear speakers and PTA516 2 pairs of glasses, so .....
    Last edited by Nomercy; 02-16-2012 at 09:14 AM. Reason: forgotten word

Gold Member
    Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    I feel the same, friend of my bought Samsung, had issue with channel switching, reported this to customer service, they sent technician, who fixed everything for him, including filling the papers at his home...

BTW - I still wait for promised wireless module for rear speakers, wall mount of rear speakers and PTA516 2 pairs of glasses, so .....
    The home repair service from Philips is ok, I had 4 different technicians visit me at home, all of them told me they've never seen this problem before so they have no solution for it. Last one told me that the hardware should be good now (after replacing both SSB board of the TV and the digiboard of the HTS) and that there's nothing else to do but wait for a software update.
    Last edited by bluevoice; 02-16-2012 at 09:55 AM.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    same here, firmware fix. atleast it isnt a hardware problem with my 58PFL9956. But hard to wait for
    firmware when we all have spent loads of money on expensive TV`s.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast