• Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Philips Spain says that they do not have any information about an R2 or R3 release for 49PUS7150/12, so they cannot do anything to repair my shitty TV.

3 Times on SAT for nothing.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 17%, Points required for next Level: 167
    Overall activity: 56.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi All,

I have received the PUS7600/R3

The twin tunner is no longer there, and the 3D does not work, just like Alex said.

They also send me a shitty IR remote with keyboard. I am not able to pair back the PUS7600 remote.

Now, let's mention the good stuff:

The R3 platform used on PUS7600 is from PUS6501.

There is Android 7.1.2 which is more snappy. Also, all the menus are changed, and you will no longer find the options where you were used to.

The integrated media player is more evolved. 4K videos, mkv, work out of the box with the integrated player.

Also, all the video works perfect now with KODI, the is absolutely NO stutter in 4K or any kind of media file used with KODI with natural motion enabled to the max. The interpolation is done to perfection.

Until now the platform seem to be stable with no reboots. All programs work. Unfortunately, the gaming performance is more of the same. The 3D performance is not really improved.

There is no input lag with the Xbox One S. The action is happening on screen at the same time I click on the gamepad button. It is instant. Also, by connecting the headphones I didn't notice any kind of sound delay. So, in conclusion, the input lag was caused by the Marvel chipset and internal components of the old motherboard.

The YouTube now works in 4K, but not in 60 FPS, which is disappointing. There is no 60 FPS video on YouTube, all are working in 30 FPS.

The ambilight has more effects now, you can set it to light up on music beats and other criteria. Very nice.

You have the option to advance setup the video calibration in IFS profiles.

The bad side remains the lack of 3D and dual tuner, as this was the reason I paid all this money to get this TV.

I could have paid half to get the same TV with no 3D and dual tunner.

So I think I will request a full refund as this can't continue any longer.

Cheers,
    Vlad

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MareleVlad For This Useful Post:

BertX (01-21-2018),Nikolay M. (01-15-2018)

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reylimo View Post
    Philips Spain says that they do not have any information about an R2 or R3 release for 49PUS7150/12, so they cannot do anything to repair my shitty TV.

I feel so bad I don't have 49PUS7150/12

You get the upgrade to 2017 platform and Android 7.1.2, you keep your Passive 3D, and as a bonus, you have 3 sided ambilight, just like PUS7600.

With the big advantage that you will keep the 3D functionality and also you have Passive 3D, much more easier on the eyes.

I really wish I could get my hand on a 49PUS7150/12.

You need to push this as they have a Phlips Service Note regarding the R2 upgrade for your platform.

Good luck and I wish you can do it.

I had to go back and request the old mainboard back on my PUS7600, as I can't live without 3D features and dual tuner. So stupid of them to not make a proper solution for PUS7600 also.

Again, I wish I had 49PUS7150/12... Keep fighting and you will get the platform upgrade. Go and talk directly to an engineer.

Cheers,
    Vlad

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 82
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

I have 55PUK7100 and I was following every official update released.

I just sent my TV to the service because of these reasons:
    - cannot show 4K channels
    - 4K HDMI resources show different tone of colors for left and right half of screen
    - after using a streaming app, TV can't return to any video source. It only shows TV UI(like channel info, HDMI name) but no video at all

Today service called and told me they installed a new software and everything is fixed. They will deliver it tomorrow. My question is:
    how can I check what FW version they installed or if they install anything new at all?
    is there a R2 or R3 of PUK7100, how can I check mine?

Thanks,
    Gokhan
    Last edited by Gokhanca; 01-16-2018 at 05:40 PM. Reason: my message not showing up, so i tried empty test message

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

press 123654 in TV mode... there you will see on page 1 your TV model and on page 2 the installed software version...

Toengel@Alex
    [i.a. 55POS901F/12] - [Firmware: NDA] - [DVB-S(2): FTA] - [Internet: O2/55 Mbit via LAN]

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Toengel For This Useful Post:

Gokhanca (01-18-2018)

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    if I understand correctly, TV model should have /R2 or R3 at the end if they put in a new board? is that valid for PUK7100?

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

correct, if you have a new mainboard (from 6401) your model number will change from xxPUX7xx0/12 into xxPUS7xx0/RX

Toengel@Alex
    [i.a. 55POS901F/12] - [Firmware: NDA] - [DVB-S(2): FTA] - [Internet: O2/55 Mbit via LAN]

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Toengel For This Useful Post:

Gokhanca (01-18-2018)

Silver Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 236
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!Tagger Second Class1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Tried 2 sets of different Bluetooth speakers. JBL Flip 4 and Steljes Audio NS3. No luck with either one. TV is Philips 48PUS7600.

1- With JBL there was a very significant delay, the adjustments in tv were not able to make it work, sound always late, even with max (min) settings. -60 ms

2- With Steljes Audio NS3 the volume was really low. Both TV and Steljes audio were put to max, still sound level only on normal listening level, very unpractical, if you change source then it comes out very loud.

Experiences anyone with bluetooth loudspeakers?

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 285
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by reylimo View Post

Return to call again. For me I called 3 times: the first two was for nothing and do stupid test, and the three call answer a worker that knew the problems with these models. After some days, they got my TV 55PUS7100/12 and one week after I received a new 2017 model 55PUS7502/12.

My advice is return to call until find a worker that know the problemes of these models.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokhanca View Post
    Hi,

I have 55PUK7100 and I was following every official update released.

I just sent my TV to the service because of these reasons:
    - cannot show 4K channels
    - 4K HDMI resources show different tone of colors for left and right half of screen
    - after using a streaming app, TV can't return to any video source. It only shows TV UI(like channel info, HDMI name) but no video at all

Today service called and told me they installed a new software and everything is fixed. They will deliver it tomorrow. My question is:
    how can I check what FW version they installed or if they install anything new at all?
    is there a R2 or R3 of PUK7100, how can I check mine?

Thanks,
    Gokhan
    Turkish Technical Service just installed HEVC firmware and tried to deliver it to me. Color difference between left and right side was still there and with new firmware TV couldn't connect to my home theater system over ARC.
    They said this is all they can do, so I called the customer service. Customer service ordered the tech service to roll back what they have done and told me they'll look for a solution by escalating the issue.

lets see what will happen next...

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MareleVlad View Post
    Hi All,

I have received the PUS7600/R3

The twin tunner is no longer there, and the 3D does not work, just like Alex said.

They also send me a shitty IR remote with keyboard. I am not able to pair back the PUS7600 remote.

Now, let's mention the good stuff:

The R3 platform used on PUS7600 is from PUS6501.

There is Android 7.1.2 which is more snappy. Also, all the menus are changed, and you will no longer find the options where you were used to.

The integrated media player is more evolved. 4K videos, mkv, work out of the box with the integrated player.

Also, all the video works perfect now with KODI, the is absolutely NO stutter in 4K or any kind of media file used with KODI with natural motion enabled to the max. The interpolation is done to perfection.

Until now the platform seem to be stable with no reboots. All programs work. Unfortunately, the gaming performance is more of the same. The 3D performance is not really improved.

There is no input lag with the Xbox One S. The action is happening on screen at the same time I click on the gamepad button. It is instant. Also, by connecting the headphones I didn't notice any kind of sound delay. So, in conclusion, the input lag was caused by the Marvel chipset and internal components of the old motherboard.

The YouTube now works in 4K, but not in 60 FPS, which is disappointing. There is no 60 FPS video on YouTube, all are working in 30 FPS.

The ambilight has more effects now, you can set it to light up on music beats and other criteria. Very nice.

You have the option to advance setup the video calibration in IFS profiles.

The bad side remains the lack of 3D and dual tuner, as this was the reason I paid all this money to get this TV.

I could have paid half to get the same TV with no 3D and dual tunner.

So I think I will request a full refund as this can't continue any longer.

Cheers,
    Vlad
    Hello MareleVlad,

Thank you for sharing your information.

I have a request / questions for you MareleVlad:
    1.) what exactly firmware version do you have after replacing the motherboard in your TV?
    2.) does the installation of application from unknown sources work in this firmware version (file with *.apk extension)?
    3.) can you check if you can install the "TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa App" for TV management using Amazon Alexa Echo (I only want to check if the installation is possible and whether the application will start, my TV stayed in service), Link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XV?usp=sharing

I will describe my situation connected with this TV (48PUS7600 / 12).
    Unfortunately, I am in a similar situation than You, I have 48PUS7600 / 12, which has many serious defects / problems and from 09.2017 I complaint these to TP Vision Philips.
    Recently service offered me the replace of the SSB (small singnal board) motherboard, R3 procedure for my problems with this TV. I confirm that in the case of PUS7600 / 12 they exchange for the
    mainboard from PUS6501 / 12 and not from PUS6401 / 12 as in the case of PUS71X0 / 12. The basic difference is 16 GB of built-in memory (PUS6501/12) as opposed to 8 GB (PUS6401/12).
    The service, specifically the service manager in telephone conversations (even before putting this TV to service), provided me twice that after replacing the SSB motherboard, active 3D technology will work and that there will be 16 GB of built-in memory. From the beginning I had information that there will be no Twin Tuner anymore.
    The SSB mainboard should be replaced at my house, however, the service technician gave up the replacement because the back casing in this model of TV is attached not only with screws but also
    with a strong double-sided tape. Reluctantly, but I agreed to let the TV be taken to the service. After your information, that after replacing the motherboard does not work 3D again I wrote a mail
    to the service and TP Vision Philips.
    The service has come to my attention with the information that, unfortunately, 3D technology will not work and that and they apologize to me, but there was a mistake in the service bulletin. In
    addition, I received information (I do not know if the real one) that the problem with the lack of 3D results from the lack of drivers for active 3D technology from the MEDIATEK and that the hardware is fully prepared to support active 3D technology.

I am very disappointed because the 3D technology in addition to Android TV, 16 GB of built-in memory and 4 core CPU and screen diagonal of 48 inches were for me the main reasons for buying this TV.

For other owners of XXPUS7600 / 12 when you have a replacing the board on PUS6501/12 you should also ask for a remote control from the PUS6581 / 12 model because it is the real equivalent of the remote control from PUS7600 / 12 model.

Then I asked the service to exchange my TV for 49PUS7180 / 12 or 49PUS7150 / 12 (new or refurbished) with a plate from PUS6501 / 12 and with a remote control from PUS6581 / 12. I received the answer that, unfortunately, they have neither new nor refurbished 49PUS7180 / 12 or 49PUS7150 / 12.

There are currently 3 variants of solution to choose for me:

1) stay with my original 48PUS7600 / 12,
    2) agree to replace the board and have 48PUS7600 / R3 with a plate from PUS6501 / 12 and the PUS6581 / 12 remote control,
    3) refund for my 48PUS7600 / 12.

I analyze the market to be able to choose a solution but it is complicated because I care about 3D technology. If I chose a refund I can, for example, buy the PANASONIC TX-50EX780E and NVIDIA Shield TV (2015 or 2017), but I still need to add extra money for this solution.
    I bought my TV 48PUS7600 / 12 in September 2016, when prices of this model have already dropped significantly.

I have a big problem because I am also limited by the screen diagonal, only 48, 49 and 50 inches are possible. Otherwise, they could choose something from Sony Bravia with Android TV and 3D from 2015, 2016 or 2017 lineups. Unfortunately, these TVs are also not without problems.
    I am also looking for TV NOS (new old stock) LG or SAMSUNG with 3D, but it is difficult to find a brand new TV from 2015 or 2016 on the market.

Thanks
    BertX

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BertX For This Useful Post:

MareleVlad (01-26-2018)

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gokhanca View Post
    Turkish Technical Service just installed HEVC firmware and tried to deliver it to me. Color difference between left and right side was still there and with new firmware TV couldn't connect to my home theater system over ARC.
    They said this is all they can do, so I called the customer service. Customer service ordered the tech service to roll back what they have done and told me they'll look for a solution by escalating the issue.

lets see what will happen next...
    customer service said there is no general issue with PUK7100 and since the service center says the TV is fine, they wouldnt do anything... they told me that my 4k source is the cause of the problem(color difference between right and left half of the screen). Since I've been testing and getting the same result with 3 different 4k sources, they are just plainly saying "we will not do anything for you"... I requested a service form saying "there is no issue with this tv at all" and most probably take it to the court after that point because any 4k source is creating the issue and they are lying to my face...

this is what you get when you buy philips in Turkey...

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    HDMI CEC/ARC/Easylink stopped working. Maybe even with the previous firmware.
    Anyone else has this issue?

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BertX View Post
    Hello MareleVlad,

Thank you for sharing your information.

I have a request / questions for you MareleVlad:
    1.) what exactly firmware version do you have after replacing the motherboard in your TV?
    2.) does the installation of application from unknown sources work in this firmware version (file with *.apk extension)?
    3.) can you check if you can install the "TV Control Setup with Amazon Alexa App" for TV management using Amazon Alexa Echo (I only want to check if the installation is possible and whether the application will start, my TV stayed in service), Link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...XV?usp=sharing

I will describe my situation connected with this TV (48PUS7600 / 12).
    Unfortunately, I am in a similar situation than You, I have 48PUS7600 / 12, which has many serious defects / problems and from 09.2017 I complaint these to TP Vision Philips.
    Recently service offered me the replace of the SSB (small singnal board) motherboard, R3 procedure for my problems with this TV. I confirm that in the case of PUS7600 / 12 they exchange for the
    mainboard from PUS6501 / 12 and not from PUS6401 / 12 as in the case of PUS71X0 / 12. The basic difference is 16 GB of built-in memory (PUS6501/12) as opposed to 8 GB (PUS6401/12).
    The service, specifically the service manager in telephone conversations (even before putting this TV to service), provided me twice that after replacing the SSB motherboard, active 3D technology will work and that there will be 16 GB of built-in memory. From the beginning I had information that there will be no Twin Tuner anymore.
    The SSB mainboard should be replaced at my house, however, the service technician gave up the replacement because the back casing in this model of TV is attached not only with screws but also
    with a strong double-sided tape. Reluctantly, but I agreed to let the TV be taken to the service. After your information, that after replacing the motherboard does not work 3D again I wrote a mail
    to the service and TP Vision Philips.
    The service has come to my attention with the information that, unfortunately, 3D technology will not work and that and they apologize to me, but there was a mistake in the service bulletin. In
    addition, I received information (I do not know if the real one) that the problem with the lack of 3D results from the lack of drivers for active 3D technology from the MEDIATEK and that the hardware is fully prepared to support active 3D technology.

I am very disappointed because the 3D technology in addition to Android TV, 16 GB of built-in memory and 4 core CPU and screen diagonal of 48 inches were for me the main reasons for buying this TV.

For other owners of XXPUS7600 / 12 when you have a replacing the board on PUS6501/12 you should also ask for a remote control from the PUS6581 / 12 model because it is the real equivalent of the remote control from PUS7600 / 12 model.

Then I asked the service to exchange my TV for 49PUS7180 / 12 or 49PUS7150 / 12 (new or refurbished) with a plate from PUS6501 / 12 and with a remote control from PUS6581 / 12. I received the answer that, unfortunately, they have neither new nor refurbished 49PUS7180 / 12 or 49PUS7150 / 12.

There are currently 3 variants of solution to choose for me:

1) stay with my original 48PUS7600 / 12,
    2) agree to replace the board and have 48PUS7600 / R3 with a plate from PUS6501 / 12 and the PUS6581 / 12 remote control,
    3) refund for my 48PUS7600 / 12.

I analyze the market to be able to choose a solution but it is complicated because I care about 3D technology. If I chose a refund I can, for example, buy the PANASONIC TX-50EX780E and NVIDIA Shield TV (2015 or 2017), but I still need to add extra money for this solution.
    I bought my TV 48PUS7600 / 12 in September 2016, when prices of this model have already dropped significantly.

I have a big problem because I am also limited by the screen diagonal, only 48, 49 and 50 inches are possible. Otherwise, they could choose something from Sony Bravia with Android TV and 3D from 2015, 2016 or 2017 lineups. Unfortunately, these TVs are also not without problems.
    I am also looking for TV NOS (new old stock) LG or SAMSUNG with 3D, but it is difficult to find a brand new TV from 2015 or 2016 on the market.

Thanks
    BertX
    Hi,

I no longer have the PUS7600.

I am waiting to get my money back.

I was lucky enough to find maybe the last 55PUS7150 new old stock in Romania on a fishy website, and I have bought it for less money than 48PUS7600, and it is bigger and have Pasive 3D.

I already called for a motherboard upgrade and I am waiting for it to arrive.

I am really glad I manage to get my hands on this TV, which has 3 sided ambilight also and Pasive 3D on a 4K screen. Perfect combination.

Once I will receive my money back and the new motherboard I will be the happiest camper on the block, with huge 55" screen, 4K, 3D and Ambilight.

I encourage you to keep looking for a 55PUS7150/12 new old stock, maybe you will get lucky to.

Cheers and good luck.

Kind regards,
    Vlad

19. The Following User Says Thank You to MareleVlad For This Useful Post:

BertX (01-26-2018)

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 78
    Overall activity: 7.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MareleVlad View Post
    Hi,

I no longer have the PUS7600.

I am waiting to get my money back.

I was lucky enough to find maybe the last 55PUS7150 new old stock in Romania on a fishy website, and I have bought it for less money than 48PUS7600, and it is bigger and have Pasive 3D.

I already called for a motherboard upgrade and I am waiting for it to arrive.

I am really glad I manage to get my hands on this TV, which has 3 sided ambilight also and Pasive 3D on a 4K screen. Perfect combination.

Once I will receive my money back and the new motherboard I will be the happiest camper on the block, with huge 55" screen, 4K, 3D and Ambilight.

I encourage you to keep looking for a 55PUS7150/12 new old stock, maybe you will get lucky to.

Cheers and good luck.

Kind regards,
    Vlad
    Hello MareleVlad,

Thank you for your answer. You're a lucky man.

I keep my fingers crossed for a successful settlement (mainboard exchange).

Can You ask / check in this internet store maybe they have new old stock 49PUS7180 / 12 or 49PUS7150 / 12 on stock. (I have a limit to a maximum of 50 inch).
    I do not know how much it would cost a shipment from Romania to Poland and whether the TP Vision-Philips service in Poland would exchange the mainboard for TV purchased in Romania. I do not know if the guarantee is valid throughout the European Union.

But I'm desperate ...

I was looking for these models in online stores and I found only 65PUS7600 / 12 from the PHILIPS 2015 lineup, and still in terrible price (but I'm not interested in this model) ;-)

In addition to all the advantages of the solution you wrote about I see a few flaws-disadvantages (only my opinion):

1.) IPS 50/60 Mhz display versus VA 100/120 Mhz display,
    2.) mainboard from PUS6401/12 model with 8 GB of built-in memory versus mainboard from the PUS6501/12 model with 16 GB of built-in memory,
    3.) remote control without microphone and swipe versus remote control from PUS6581/12 with all these funcionality

Maybe for a small additional price difference, the service in Romania would have installed the mainboard from the PUS6501/12 model and added a remote control from the PUS6581/12 model.
    Then You would be even happier :-)

Thank you in advance.

Best regards and greetings from Poland

BertX