Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Toengel View Post
    Hi,

does it looks ok if you close the eyes seperately?

Toengel@Alex
    I found this link and it describes exactly what I am seeing: http://www.avsforum.com/t/1389476/fo...-need-solution
    Last edited by Horizon Europe; 06-29-2012 at 01:06 PM. Reason: correction

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    After a marathon of tests and the suggestion of Toengel today and having read the article posted above I finally found a SOLUTION (but still the philips blue ray player doesnt function properly):

A: Yes the article is right !!!!

"Here is what is happening. In all the other blu-rays, both images, the one for the left-eye and the one for the right-eye are the same, just moved slightly to create the 3D depth. However, in Drive Angry and Rio, the images going to the left-eye and right-eye are moved AND are different. My eyes see this as a blurry mess.

For example, in the opening sequence in Rio with the birds, I paused the action, left my 3D glasses on, and closed my left eye, and I see the birds with their mouths open, when I close my right eye, I see the birds with their mouths closed. This type of thing. This is happening in the fast-action scenes with things moving very fast. When things are moving slower, there is less of a difference, so my eyes perceive the 3D correctly."

As you can see from the example images that I took from the example scene that I mentioned earlier (the diner), by the way I wan to thank Toengel for making me take pictures one can clearly see that in the same frame the mouth of the chef is half way closed on the right eye and on the left eye it is all the way open Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chef 1.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	1221Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chef 2.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	1222

I think everyone can clearly see what I mean. There are indeed two entirely different frames packed into one single 3D frame. Of course this leads to distortion which confuses the brain and thats why the 3d effect isnt working. But its not an issue of the TV its an issue of the blu ray player from Philips which sends incorrect informations (inverted wrong images) to the brain.

This needs to be patched and fixed as quickly as possible by Philips. They cannot ignore this issue any longer.

B: There is a fix home-made fix but its uncomfortable

In the settings of the LG cinema 3D Tv setting you can select "3d picture correction" Initially I thought it will correct this problem but it doesnt it just flips the frames. However the frames are still displayed incorrectly so using this option doesnt solve the issue.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3d setting.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	1223

3: The big bang
    In fact what needs to be done in addition to select this option as in the image above then is to rotate the passive glasses by 180 degrees (with the nose piece up) and bada bing now you have it. It works the 3D effect is working and it is showing how its supposed to be. This is quiet uncomfortable (as you can from the photo of myself) but at least I can now watch the movie without faulty images.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	me.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	1224

D: My conclusion and a personal message to Philips
    There is a fix but its uncomfortable. But it doesnt change the fact that Philips BDP3280 is sending a faulty output signal to the TV namely wrong frame for the left and the right eye.

DEAR PHILIPS PLEASE PLEASE FIX THIS. LG FIXED IT ON THEIR PLAYERS. WHY CANT YOU !!!!

I hope this helps guys. And thank you for your input.
    Last edited by Horizon Europe; 06-29-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Tobs
    Hi there all,

Unfortunately I am also suffering from the same 3D viewing problem with the BDP3280 - for me its the "Narnia - Voyage of the Dawn Treader" 3D-BluRay: The images displayed for the right eye are shown a part of a second earlier in the plot than the one for the left eye, causing the 3D-effect to fail but in contrast creating a blurry motion effect leading to dizziness after watching for more than a few minutes.

For example, this effect can be clearly seen in the opening scenes of the film, when an airplane moves across the screen: When the film is stopped in the moment the plane "leaves" the screen, on the picture for the left eye the plane is still in sight while on the picture for the right eye, it has already left the screen. This is not only a difference in the viewing angle (which I understand is necessary to create the 3D effect) but a distinctive time lag.

I already addressed this issue with the Philips Hotline in Germany back in March 2012 (after researching the prob on Toengel's blog - btw.: Thx, Toengel, for your most helpful blog, it has helped me big time with several issues I had with the IP-EPG of my Philips Flatscreen - and I had hours of joy reading the comments of my fellow sufferers:-)) and was told by Philips (back in May2012, after I repeatedly inquired about the status of this issue) that this would definitely be a software problem and would be solved with one of next firmware updates. However, since then 2 firmware updates have been released (which I both brought to my player) and none of it fixed the issue.

So here I am, still patiently waiting to be recognized with my problem (which, however, seems not only to be mine alone;-) by Philips/Customer Support... How difficult can it be to correct this issue? It only seems to be a software fault? I would definitely appreciate it, if anyone of Philips could give some information on when this will be fixed (the German hotline is not able to since they do not seem to get any reliable tech information - in June they did not even know that there will be a new firmware update for the Player only 2 days before FW 2.38 was officially released;-)

Regards,

Tobs

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear All,

We are currently investigating the issue and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Forum Mod

Gold Member
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Overall activity: 33.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Better give the ean codes of the movies

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Philips - Remko View Post
    Dear All,

We are currently investigating the issue and will come back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,
    Dear Remko from Philips

thank you for taking this problem up. Please fix this as soon as possible. We cannot watch these movies properly.

thanks

Lets hope they are really doing something about !!!!

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi All,

Please make sure that you mention the EAN numbers for the movies that give problems.

Thanks and kind regards,
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi All,

Please make sure that you mention the EAN numbers for the movies that give problems.

Thanks and kind regards,

I start with Drive Angry Blu Ray 3D: EAN number 5051890029454

FIX THE PROBLEM !!!

Tobs

Narnia

For my "Narnia" BluRay the EAN-Code would be 5903570067617.

Regards,

Tobs

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Wow, finally some more people with these problems. Been more then half a year now.
    And a Philips reaction! Hope it will get fixed soon now.
    I got Rio 3d back today which I lended to some collegues and they had no problems whatsover with the movie. This triggered me to check this post again.
    Thanks for the elaborate post Horizon, its exactly the problem i'm also having, in fact, i first thought you quoted some of my earlier posts about the problem
    I also read some of the links you posted this was also interesting and i think thats the problem:

Both of these movies were encoded with the right eye as the first stream and the left eye as the second stream. Almost all other 3D Blu-rays have the left eye as the first stream. Some Blu-ray players have a delay between left and right eyes (as reported below) when faced with this type of uncommon disc, which is a bug in the player.

I also got Rio back, and the EAN number is 8 712626 065050

Regards,
    Chris
    Last edited by Griz; 07-12-2012 at 12:51 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi All,

Thanks and kind regards,
    Any progress? How long does it take for you guys to fix this? We cant watch the movies ! Hello !

Tobs

Yeah!

Heureka:-) After half a year the Tech Guys have finally managed to address this issue with recent Firmware Update 2.44 - at least as regards my "Narnia" BluRay. Now the right/left eye streams seem to be displayed properly, no "blur" visible when viewing in 3D anymore. Thank you, Remko, for picking up this problem again after the German support hotline had ignored it for quite some months.

Regards,
    Tobs

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobs View Post
    Heureka:-) After half a year the Tech Guys have finally managed to address this issue with recent Firmware Update 2.44 - at least as regards my "Narnia" BluRay. Now the right/left eye streams seem to be displayed properly, no "blur" visible when viewing in 3D anymore. Thank you, Remko, for picking up this problem again after the German support hotline had ignored it for quite some months.

Regards,
    Tobs
    I can also confirm that drive angry 3d is now working correctly. However the firmware update also implementet the follwoing copyright protection ! The following description came with the new firmware !

"Compliance with new regulation from AACS (Advanced Access Content System) by implementing the Cinavia watermark content protection solution from Verance. With this Cinavia watermark implementation, the player will not be able to play unauthorized copied disc. For details on Cinavia protection technology, visit Cinavia Online Consumer Information Center (http://www.cinavia.com). "

In other words they are giving us something but at the same time they are taking something away from us. TYPICALLY Philipps
    Last edited by Horizon Europe; 08-08-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 365
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Level
    Thanks
    issue resolved for 5300/ 5200 and 6000
    and according to philips rep, they r working on the other models

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 18
    Overall activity: 40.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Remko from Philips

Here in Brazil the problem persists. Even update firmware to version 3.53 the BDP5500/78 continue with the same problems with Fox 3D blu rays like Ice Age 4. Any solution of Philips?
    Last edited by CBPira; 01-11-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12