Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 189
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    After reminding Philips Consumer Care about unanswered problem, which I also posted in this thread on April 11, I received the following answer:

----- Forwarded Message -----
    From: Philips Consumer Care <philips_4497323@philips-customercare.com>
    To: lorisrolis@yahoo.com
    Sent: Wednesday, April 25, 2012 4:39 PM
    Subject: SR #: 50-1023985838

Hello!

We tested all this in our system and didnít get such a problem
    We are using Linksys router and everything is OK.
    You can configure your router or contact Asus for providing slow DLNA network. The best is if all the devices in the network would use speed N.

Kind regards,
    Philips Customer Care
    --------

Can someone explain me what is slow DLNA?

What else I can say - Philips continues politics of ignorance!!!! UNACCEPTABLE!!!!

Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 53
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Dear all,

I resolved my problem with the 20-Min-Drop of DLNA straming connections (still testing, but worked several times already).

My previous setup was: DLNA-Server --- Router ((( ))) TV (--- = cable connection, ((( ))) = WiFi; my TV 40PFL5507K has built-in WLAN).

The router I used the TV with until now is provided by my DSL-Provider and cannot be easily replaced as it does some SIP conversion stuff. Calls do not work reliably with potential alternative routers able to handle Phone call -> SIP. Configuration options are very limited and it is only possible to set the most basic communication parameters. The good thing it is that you can run it in a modem-only mode.

Also due to a unsatisfying of signal power of the router, I today bought a new WiFi Router (TP-Link WR1043ND, for those you interested), put the old router in modem-only mode and set up my network up to use the new router.

The result is this:
    DLNA-Server --- 1043ND ((( ))) TV
    and
    1043ND (WAN-Port) --- Router (old, modem-only mode)

Streaming now runs without the drop at 20 min. I'm happy so far

So the problem (at least with the internal streaming) indeed seems to result from a problem in the router <--> TV path. I'm not sure who is to blame, in my case probably the old router. Maybe there is some strange UPNP setting that you cannot change or something like that.

Maybe this is of help for some of you.
    Last edited by BetaMax; 04-30-2012 at 08:32 AM.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    This issue needs additional investigation, the same problem also affects your HTS.

To suggest that routers cause this is plausible, but does not detract from the fact that your TVs and HTS are significantly more sensitive to this 'issue' than any other product I have ever tried.

I have my TV, HTS and NAS/DLNA server on the same switch and still see occasional issues (looking for server etc), it is much less than when my NAS was in a different room, but the problem is still there occasionally. Watching a film rarely goes without at least 1 disconnect during playback.

TV is 42PDL7906, HTS is the white sound hub model which accompanies it.

The interconnecting switch has no active traffic management, so this is not the cause.

Please get someone looking at your software stack for DNLA networking and increase the resilience, longer time outs, more buffering, anything, this is a really really annoying issue and detracts from your brand.

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have purchased a 2011 46pfl9706 TV set which costs more than 2,000 Euro. This set is claimed to flawlessly connect to DLNA servers!

I really don’t understand the attitude and approach of the so called Philips support persons which are replying in this forum in several regard:
    1. Is Philips accountable to the products it is selling
    2. Does Philips test right features and functionalities that are enrolled to the market in their products
    3. Does Philips customer support feedback product issues to Philips R&D team (SW&HW) to be fixed
    4. Why does Philips roll its own issues/problems to someone else court instead of providing the right product in first place or to fix it if necessary
    5. How do I get to directly talk with Philips customer support head to hear back the proper answers?

I own 2 other TV sets which are connected to the same network, both are working properly on the same network playing well the streamed data with no disconnections. Why should I expect less from Philips TV that cost more and supposed to provide the same functionality? Why should I overcome Philips issues with spending my own time, my own testing, my own money to purchase additional device to make Philips TV to work as defined?

I’m expecting to get from Philips a serious and professional feedback that would allow me to use my TV as it is defined in the TV product description!

Thanks,
    Jacob

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,
    i just recently bought 32PFL5007K and facing same problem with DLNA streaming. TV lost server after 20 mins. Other devices which is using same DLNA server works fine. I'm connecting TV via WIFI. All newest possible TV firmware is installed. Please help me to sort out that issue.

Thanks,
    Linas

Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 35
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

smartTV or idiotTV?

Quote Originally Posted by JPANK View Post

I own 2 other TV sets which are connected to the same network, both are working properly on the same network playing well the streamed data with no disconnections. Why should I expect less from Philips TV that cost more and supposed to provide the same functionality? Why should I overcome Philips issues with spending my own time, my own testing, my own money to purchase additional device to make Philips TV to work as defined?

Iím expecting to get from Philips a serious and professional feedback that would allow me to use my TV as it is defined in the TV product description!

Thanks,
    Jacob
    I completely agree with you Jacob!
    I bought the 32PFL4007T/12 about 10 days ago and had to order the WiFi usb adapter PTA01/00 which arrived three days ago and already had to call support re the fact that the TV "falls offline" after between 5 and 30 minutes of watching videos from the existing YouTube app (I haven't even tried to stream anything from my laptop yet..!). I was told the software in the TV wasn't up to date! A week after purchase? WTF? The girl at the support said she'd send me a usb with the necessary update, which was kind of nice. In a following e-mail she suggested for me to connect the TV directly to my router by ethernet cable (in case updating the software didn't solve the problem, which it hasn't because I found the update and did it myself). It's possibly to rule out the router or network as a cause but since my laptop and smartphone never falls offline I KNOW there's nothing wrong with my network or router. The problem is with the TV or the WiFi adapter Philips is taking me for an idiot: I already spent A LOT (for me)of money buying their products, I spent a lot of time and it's caused me LOTS of frustration, I'm not prepared to spend ANYTHING more on what has already been a thoroughly joyless, frustrating TVpurchase. I wonder why the customers should be prepared to jump through hoops when Philips isn't even prepared to give their customers what they paid for? Unortunately this isn't the only problem I've had...
    Last edited by combavski; 05-05-2012 at 02:12 AM. Reason: technincal

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 47
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Philips - Thomas:

Have your technical department within Philips given any statement about this issue and is work ongoing to resolve it? Have they yet identified if it's a hardware or software related issue? When can we expect a corrected software if it's a software issue?

Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 145
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I wonder how many times and how many people should ask for a reply and resolution on this subject, to get Philips to reply?

Was the issue conveyed to Philips R&D?
    What is the analysis of the problem?
    When can we expect a software fix of this issue from Philips?

Thanks,
    Jacob

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 129
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I faced these problems as well after upgrading my NAS (iomega) with dlna server (twonky) and installing a new modem/wifi router that I received from my provider. Using my old modem again solved most of the problems. Incidental issues are strangely enough solved sometimes by changing the lanport used on my router for the NAS (from port 1 to port 2).

The issue mentioned in the forum below might have anything to do with it as well, some kind of loopback issue:

http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/archive/...ead-15949.html
    http://forums.linn.co.uk/bb/archive/...ad-5784-2.html

The NAS connection with my N900 is less stable as well as it's loosing connection after about 30 minutes too. Reconnection was only possible after a reboot of the N900. However, recently I found out that after using "Fing" network analyser (on my tab) the connection between the N900 and the NAS was re established as well without a reboot. So it lookes like the Fing tool forces the dlna server to signal its presence and enabling reconnection.

In short, I am pretty sure it must have something to do with multicast broadcasting and ssdp settings, but I'm everything but an expert on that subject.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 59
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergii View Post
    Hi,

Model: 32PFL7606T/12. Firmware version: 014.095.000.

Using several DLNA servers (minidlna, upnp), I had found the following issue:
    streaming a movie is ok at first, but about 5/15 min the TV lost DLNA server, Net TV still work fine. Other TV (Sony KDL-37W5500) streaming the movie fine all time.
    I try both wired and wireless connections, no different.

Someone an idea what is causing this trouble, or having similar issues (and solutions, hopefully)???
    I had the same problem with a 32PFL5007H. With minidlna (as weel as with mediatomb) the connection was lost after 30 minutes.
    I found that the problem can be resolved by changing the parameter "notify_interval" in the minidlna config file.
    It appeared that the tv loses contact with the dlna server after twice the number of seconds set for notify_interval (I tested several values).
    After setting "notify_interval=90000" the problem did never re-occur.
    From the documentation it is unclear what this perameter ment for. In any case it has nothing to do with the "inotify" parameter (automatically update for new or deleted files).

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Quintus View Post
    I had the same problem with a 32PFL5007H. With minidlna (as weel as with mediatomb) the connection was lost after 30 minutes.
    I found that the problem can be resolved by changing the parameter "notify_interval" in the minidlna config file.
    It appeared that the tv loses contact with the dlna server after twice the number of seconds set for notify_interval (I tested several values).
    After setting "notify_interval=90000" the problem did never re-occur.
    From the documentation it is unclear what this perameter ment for. In any case it has nothing to do with the "inotify" parameter (automatically update for new or deleted files).
    Thanks! It's really works!
    I tried to overcome this problem for minidlna, xupnpd, mediatomb. Now minidlna works as it should. But it does not play mkv. I hope this may be made.
    In the source code minidlna.c there is a comment notify_interval /* seconds between SSDP announces */. I will try to solve this problem for xupnpd and mediatomb.

Diamond Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 743
    Overall activity: 100.0%
    Achievements:
    Recommendation Second ClassTagger First ClassOverdrive1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Posting Award

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

nice finding. For interessted people (SSDP): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simple...overy_Protocol

Toengel@Alex

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 76
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    For wishing there is the following solution of problem, when DLNA client TV or other devices loses DLNA server after 30 minutes. Usually it is associated with the server on the router, but not only. The problem arises in the fact that the TV doesn't receive or process SSDP announcements from router. It receives information when connecting to the server only. Usually DLNA server sends the value max-age=1800, which gives lifetime SSDP announcement 30 minutes (1800 seconds). You can increase the lifetime of the SSDP announcement.
    For some DLNA servers you can do following.

1. For xupnpd (http://xupnpd.org) should be edited file xupnpd_ssdp.lua. Replace in 2 places max-age=1800 to max-age=180000.

2. For minidlna (http://minidlna.sourceforge.net) should be set notify_interval=90000 (as shown above). There's in a file minissdp.c value max-age is defined as (runtime_vars.notify_interval<<1)+10.

3. For mediatomb (http://mediatomb.cc) in config.xml in the section <server> should be written <alive>180000</alive>. By default, in file upnpapi.h is written #define DEFAULT_MAXAGE 1800.

Then connection time is 50 hours from the start of the server. If you want, you may try greater value. Good luck!

Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Achievements:
    31 days registeredNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I experience simular problems, but I am not smart enough to figure out your solution. I installed myremote on my iphone, which also has something called SimplyShare in it. With this I can stream music to my TV.
    I can find my Iphone on my tv and open the maps on my Iphone to stream music to my TV. This works fine for about 5-20 minutes and then the connection drops (i phone is not longer found). I have to switch the TV off/on and it works again for 5-20 minutes.
    In my case, my TV (7676) is connected to a router with a cable. The connection with my Iphone is to the router using WIFI.
    Where do I have to change this time interfall. I can find nothing in my router configuration that resemblems this. Any help would be appreciated.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Before You put in the same effort I did, read this
    I have same problem on both my Philips TV sets a 40PFL9606 and a 32PFL7605. Both are connected via DLink DIR-855 router to a Synology DS1511+ NAS. When streaming movies the playback stops after appr. 30 minutes due to disconnection of the TV sets to the server

No loss of connection on any other device.
    It is just the TV sets that loose connection. I stream music and movies to many other devices (Android Tablet, Windows Smartphone, Windows PC) without any problem.

Try Media Renderer
    Go to Configuration / Network Settings / Media Renderer and turn is on. I don’t know why but it sometimes Works. Still don’t understand why I need to turn it on while it is turned on. It seems likes the TV loses the setting.

Philips Support not SMART

I spend many hours to figure out the problem. I was very well supported by DLink and especialy by Synology who supported me even up to R&D level.

Unlike Philips support who did not try at all to understand the problem and put any effort at all in solving this problem. I find that as long as you want to watch TV, they can help you out. They are not smart enough to support their SMART TV's. They even got rude and hooked up the Phone.

It is NOT your router..
    That causes the problem. Philips support wants to let you believe that your router causes the disconnection and refer to the manufacturer of the router.

I am lucky to work for a IT distributor and was able to try out several routers from different manufacturers without the need to buy one. This doesn’t make any difference. Wired or wireless doesn’t make a difference either.

I asked Philips support to provide me specifications a router should meet. They can’t. They also can not provide settings of the router nor a supported router list.

I still wonder how they can conclude that the router causes the problem. Looking a the posts on several forums, people work with all kind of routers and storage devices.

Visit forums
    I have visited many forums. You will not find any topic on this problem from TV’owners of Sony, Samsung, Sharp, Toshiba. Visit for example the Synology forum and you will only find posts from owners of Philips and LG TV’s. No wonder since Philips TV’s are manufactured by LG.

My workaround
    I found that the problem occurs when using the TV’s GUI. I now use the MyNet app on my on Android tablet to select and play movies and project to my TV. So far this works perfectly. The Philips MyRemote app should work the same way but it doesn’t.

The Philips TV sucks
    All support departments I had contacted came to the same conclusion: The Philips TV causes the disconnection.

This is why I am for sure that it is the Philips TV
    One of my collegues has the exactly same configuration as I do. He also uses a Dlink DIR-855 router, the same Synology DS1511+, a Philips SMART TV and...... a Samsung TV. Gues what…… he has the same problem with his Philips TV. His Samsung TV however works perfectly.

Don't update the firmware, It will get worse
    I am pretty shure that at the start also video streaming worked well. The problems occured after installing a firmware update.
    Unfortunenately is not possible to downgrade and try.

Streaming Music worked fine until today. After installing the latest firmware version to my 40PFL9606 I can no longer play my Music files either. What a SMART TV.

DLNA certified ????
    I do not understand how Philips managed to get their TV sets DLNA certified. They simply don't work with other DLNA certified products. My NAS is DLNA certified and so where most of the routers I tested.

Go get your money back
    The TV does not do what it should do. In legal terms is it “Non conform”. You can return your TV to the store and demand your money back on grounds of this non conformity.

If in future you want a TV set that works without putting in a lot of effort and get decent support. ...........

DON’T BUY A PHILIPS TV.
    Last edited by Bill Jonair; 12-08-2012 at 07:07 PM.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast