Bronze Member
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1000 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yut View Post
    For wishing there is the following solution of problem, when DLNA client TV or other devices loses DLNA server after 30 minutes. Usually it is associated with the server on the router, but not only. The problem arises in the fact that the TV doesn't receive or process SSDP announcements from router. It receives information when connecting to the server only. Usually DLNA server sends the value max-age=1800, which gives lifetime SSDP announcement 30 minutes (1800 seconds). You can increase the lifetime of the SSDP announcement.
    For some DLNA servers you can do following.

1. For xupnpd (http://xupnpd.org) should be edited file xupnpd_ssdp.lua. Replace in 2 places max-age=1800 to max-age=180000.

2. For minidlna (http://minidlna.sourceforge.net) should be set notify_interval=90000 (as shown above). There's in a file minissdp.c value max-age is defined as (runtime_vars.notify_interval<<1)+10.

3. For mediatomb (http://mediatomb.cc) in config.xml in the section <server> should be written <alive>180000</alive>. By default, in file upnpapi.h is written #define DEFAULT_MAXAGE 1800.

Then connection time is 50 hours from the start of the server. If you want, you may try greater value. Good luck!
    This is solution in side server.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    With all respect to your attempt to help me out on this. Do you think that an average TV owner understands a word of what you are writing?

We are talking about a simple TV set here that is supposed to be DLNA certified and should be plug and play just like all the other devices I have connected to my router and NAS. Every user should be able to use the TV without beeing an IT engineer.

I am an above average user but certainly no IT engineer but I don't understand a word of what you are writing. I use the media servers that come with the DLNA certified NAS which is the default media server or PLEX. I have no idea how to install any other media server which is not packaged by/for Synology.

If someone would develop the PLEX app for Philips TV my problem is solved. Samsung has just released it for their TV.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    My 32PFL7605H with Q5551_0.140.47.0 firmware started loosing the connection with my DLNA server after changing from an ADSL modem/router to a Cable modem/router. With the ADSL modem/router I did not have this problem, but with the Cable modem/router (Cisco EPC3925 from UPC) the TV consistently lost connection with the DLNA server running on a Windows 7 PC after something between 30 and 60 minutes.

In my case the disconnect problem was gone after increasing the "DHCP client lease time" setting on the router from 60 minutes (default value on the Cisco router) to 1440 minutes (24 hours). Using a static IP adress instead of DHCP may also work, I did not try this.

To me it seems that the root cause of the disconnect problem is in the TV. Probably the TV does not renew it's IP address lease often enough when streaming audio from a DLNA media server. Philips / TP Vision should be able to repair this by means of a firmware update.

Sofar increasing the DHCP lease time to 24 hours seems to be a reliable work-around. I will come back to this forum if the problem re-occurs.

EDIT: Unfortunately work-around is not reliable.... With lease time set to 24 hours, connection with DLNA media server is lost after about 24 hours. So lease time setting certainly has an effect on the disconnect time. Will now try static IP adresses.
    Last edited by CJS; 01-09-2013 at 12:14 AM.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 13
    Overall activity: 10.0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    The leasetime of my router is also set to 1440 but the connection still gets lost.

Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 5
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Jonair View Post
    The leasetime of my router is also set to 1440 but the connection still gets lost.
    Too bad, with DHCP lease time set to 24 hours, the TV looses connection with the DLNA server after circa ... 24 hours. I will now try static ip adresses.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 4
    Overall activity: 13.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by yut View Post
    For wishing there is the following solution of problem, when DLNA client TV or other devices loses DLNA server after 30 minutes. Usually it is associated with the server on the router, but not only. The problem arises in the fact that the TV doesn't receive or process SSDP announcements from router. It receives information when connecting to the server only. Usually DLNA server sends the value max-age=1800, which gives lifetime SSDP announcement 30 minutes (1800 seconds). You can increase the lifetime of the SSDP announcement.
    For some DLNA servers you can do following.

1. For xupnpd (http://xupnpd.org) should be edited file xupnpd_ssdp.lua. Replace in 2 places max-age=1800 to max-age=180000.

2. For minidlna (http://minidlna.sourceforge.net) should be set notify_interval=90000 (as shown above). There's in a file minissdp.c value max-age is defined as (runtime_vars.notify_interval<<1)+10.

3. For mediatomb (http://mediatomb.cc) in config.xml in the section <server> should be written <alive>180000</alive>. By default, in file upnpapi.h is written #define DEFAULT_MAXAGE 1800.

Then connection time is 50 hours from the start of the server. If you want, you may try greater value. Good luck!
    I think it could be a very good lead...

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I have the same problem with my 46PFL5527T/12. Sometimes the TV looses connection at about 30 min. But I have been able to watch a whole movie sometimes(1,5h - 2h).

My network topology is: Media server ())))) Router ())))) TV.

Router = Some Dlink shit.
    TV = 46PFL5527T/12
    Media server = Twonky running on w7
    ())))) = wireless.

I have been monitoring the traffic between the server and TV. My observations so far is that the TV is answering the server bad request and then announces that it want to shutdown the connection. When this happens, the TV looses connection after approx 30 min.

Networking is not my main area, but maybe someone at Philips want to see the Wireshark logs?

Btw: I cant find my TV: 46PFL5527T/12 on www.dlna.org.
    Last edited by dkpj; 01-10-2013 at 08:13 PM.

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 38
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have the same problems with Philips TV. I can't say I solved the problem, but it did get better.
    What I've done:
    I pluged my TV to the router (ASUS RT-G32) with simple ethernet cable, applied LAN to "n only", switched off routers' brandmauser, applied ip address to TV over DHCP.
    And finally my Tab 10.1 on Android 4.0 have found Philips TV as renderer on Bubble upnp DLNA server (i also put max action timeout and render polling interval in settings of "UPnP tweaks").

As a result I played a film for more than an hour without drop out - that's a record! Then it dropped, but I'm not sure may be I stopped it myself by incidence;-)

I'm going to test it! Anyway Philips can't forward or rwind - which is also a shame.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    bakanevas,

Keep us updated on the results. I am planning to switch from wireless to cable also this week, since the DLNA drop outs drive me crazy.

Regards
    Niels

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I have contacted the DLNA organization about the TV (46PFL5527T/12). The "funny" thing is that this TVst and maybe many others is not DLNA certified... So this reasoning about the router not working is just pure BS. GG Philips I wont buy anything of your brand anymore.

PS: I hope Philips will respond to this in some way.

******Email*****
    Hi Patrik,

Sorry for the delay in response. Thanks for informing us of this product. Philips has been contacted, the device is not certified and Philips is correcting the issue.

Best Regards,
    DLNA Certification Administration

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 1:56 PM
    To: admin@dlna.org
    Subject: Consumer Contact Us Message

CONSUMER Form Information:
    Name: Patrik *******
    Email Address: *******
    Topic: DLNA Certification Process
    URL of Page:
    Comments: Hi,

I have just bought a Philips smart tv. Philips claims that the tv is DLNA certified but I can't find the device in "DLNA Certified Product Search" The product name of the tv is: 46PFL5527T/12. Can you verify if the tv actually is certified or not?

Thanks in advance

/Patrik

Date: 1/8/2013 9:56:19 PM
    Last edited by Philips - Marco; 02-25-2013 at 11:19 AM. Reason: Removed personal information (private email address and surname)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345