• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy NP 3500 - Problems with configuration via PC

I bought an NP3500/12 - connection to my network (Ethernet with fixed IP adresses) worked fine. What ist not or seldom working is the maintenance via PC:

1.) The registration process was a cathastrophy. I had to enter all the dates various times, on the end I always read "the service is not available at the moment, please try again later". I tried this about 20 times within the last 36 hours, and in the end it worked once, but then under "registered devices" I found the NP 3500 three times !!!

2.) I deleted 2 of the three devices and the tried to manage the favourites under "streaming management". The 2 favourites I have already entered manually on the device itself were displayed, but when I tried to search for new radio stations, I always ended with the message " You have to connect Your device to the network first " ridicolous, because it IS connected, is streaming radio stations, and from my PC I can easily ping it.

Am I doing anythin wrong?? Are the Philips servers not working these days?? Or have I to return the device ??

Your answer is greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by mperathoner; 02-25-2012 at 04:38 PM.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 401
    Overall activity: 20.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I do not own such a device. But is the maintenance connecting the device directly through the home network or do you open a configuration webpage like ....philips.com/...?

Is the problem the reliability of the web services of Philips or something in your home network, not affected by external servers?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I do not know another way to maintain the device online but with the configuration homepage on the philips-servers, and, my home network works reliable.

As stated in my initial posting, the device itself works fine, only the maintenance through the Philips-Website is not acceptable !!! If You know an alternative way to maintain the device with another website or program, please let me know !!!
    Last edited by mperathoner; 02-25-2012 at 08:21 PM. Reason: added some lines

Silver Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi

Seems some confusion here. You need not/cannot do any maintenance of NP 3500 with PC. If there is a FW upgrade, you will get a message on the device itself. You just have to select yes to that on the device.

What you can do through PC is register yr device which seems you did already. You can also enter URL of a radio station which possibly is not in the list that appears on the device. But you need to know the playable URL of the station. You need to use yr browser for that. Streamium management does not give you any list for searching a station.

Hope this helps.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

confusion???

I do not think that I am wrong. On the Philips Website (registered devices) there is an option "streamium management".

This page has 5 options: Services - Favorites - My Media - device functions - user and upgrades

On page Favorites, You have 2 tabs: "choose priority" and "seek" ("Prioritšt festlegen" - "durchsuchen")

On the first tab, my Favorites are listed sometimes, sometimes there is a message " You have no Favorites in Your account"

On the second tab, You can search through various radio stations. There is my problem: Sometimes I can go nearly to the end of the process, chosse a station, and when I click "send", I get the message "You must connect Your device to the network ....". Sometimes this happens on the first, sometimes on the second page and so on. In fact, the device is ALWAYS connected to the network.

Error message: connect to network:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Philips_error_message_1.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	875

Error message: no Favorites:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Philips error message 2.JPG 
Views:	69 
Size:	127.3 KB 
ID:	876

BTW, HOW can I enter the URL of a station I have founf for example on shoutcast??
    Last edited by mperathoner; 02-26-2012 at 06:56 AM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    It is possible that this is not a problem of the Philips servers, but of Internet Explorer 9. I just tried to manage the Favorites with Google Chrome, and it worked without any problems!! In this case my apologies go to the people who run the Philips-Servers, but maybe these problems should be communicated!
    Last edited by mperathoner; 02-26-2012 at 01:33 PM. Reason: typing error