• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 115
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy Album Art Missing - No Solution From Philips

Greetings,
    I have a 16GB Philips Ariaz SA3 - which is a Philips provided replacement for my old SA2 that somehow fried due to static electricity. All my files have album art in them on my pc and in my 'Music' folder in SongBird and on the Ariaz (ONLY when it's attached to the computer). Additionally, 100% of album art showed up fine on my SA2 but only about 70% shows up on my SA3. I am using the exact same MP3 files in both cases.

I have tried manually assigning album art (instead of getting it automatically) and have made sure the size is smaller than the screen resolution but nothing has worked.

Does anyone else have this problem?

When I was working with the technicians at Philips several months ago over the phone and through email, it just came to a point where they had to give up... they had no idea how to fix the issue.

Has Philips figured out what I need to do to get back to where I was with my SA2???

I'm happy with the Ariaz - other than this annoying lack of album art. I'm to the point where I'm ready to 'give up' on Philips and go get something that's more predictable/easier to figure out/has better tech support.

Thanks.

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 132
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neo102470 View Post
    Greetings,
    I have a 16GB Philips Ariaz SA3 - which is a Philips provided replacement for my old SA2 that somehow fried due to static electricity. All my files have album art in them on my pc and in my 'Music' folder in SongBird and on the Ariaz (ONLY when it's attached to the computer). Additionally, 100% of album art showed up fine on my SA2 but only about 70% shows up on my SA3. I am using the exact same MP3 files in both cases.

I have tried manually assigning album art (instead of getting it automatically) and have made sure the size is smaller than the screen resolution but nothing has worked.

Does anyone else have this problem?

When I was working with the technicians at Philips several months ago over the phone and through email, it just came to a point where they had to give up... they had no idea how to fix the issue.

Has Philips figured out what I need to do to get back to where I was with my SA2???

I'm happy with the Ariaz - other than this annoying lack of album art. I'm to the point where I'm ready to 'give up' on Philips and go get something that's more predictable/easier to figure out/has better tech support.

Thanks.
    Hi neo102470

It work with muse 3 and seems to work in all mp3 players.

Just find the album on windows media player and drag the picture (preference smaller than 500x500 pxl), and drag it to album art on the library (you must chose large view to see cover art). Now you can delete the picture, because wmp created 2 hidden jpg files on the folder that do the job.

Sometimes I use mp3tag to edit tag files or remove wrong album art.

If you use wmp or mp3 tags software, you will ALWAYS see the album art on your player...its guaranteed!

Just let me know if it´s working with you
    Last edited by zipias; 04-12-2012 at 05:07 PM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 66
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by zipias View Post
    Hi neo102470

It work with muse 3 and seems to work in all mp3 players.

Just find the album on windows media player and drag the picture (preference smaller than 500x500 pxl), and drag it to album art on the library (you must chose large view to see cover art). Now you can delete the picture, because wmp created 2 hidden jpg files on the folder that do the job.

Sometimes I use mp3tag to edit tag files or remove wrong album art.

If you use wmp or mp3 tags software, you will ALWAYS see the album art on your player...its guaranteed!

Just let me know if it´s working with you
    Hello,

I have more than once experienced the same thing. (i.e. using Philips Songbird, the images show up sometimes and sometimes they don't; although always formatted carefully) To me at first it seemed using WMP 12 would actually solve that problem. It did partly.
    Some of the pictures I use are displayed fine in WMP (and in Philips Songbird, for that matter), but when I use WMP to transfer those files to may Ariaz, the images sometimes become screwed in their aspect ratio, so people's heads for example seem squashed - or elongated.
    Has anyone experienced this and got a solution? Would be great!
    Although I am not really keen on using WMP, I still would prefer my album art to be displayed, having taken all the trouble to add it - very often manually, as I use a lot of backups of my own CDs.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Last edited by sereshk; 05-01-2012 at 06:24 PM.