• Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 71
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear ChadBarba,

I have sent you a private message. Please check your inbox.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team

Quote Originally Posted by ChadBarba View Post
    Hi,

There is any way to reinstall the correct version of the firmware?

I accidentally installed the U.S. firmware Speaker. and I have the European version of the speakers.

My speakers had the same failure blinking red light, trying to follow the suggestions of several post tried to update the firmware but I installed the U.S. version, when I have European speakers.
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 77
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Tereza

I also bought those speakers because I loved the design and I wrote everywhere about this fantastic sound. My speakers are still unpacked because I change my apartment in a month. And now I found this forum and I saw all this statements about these broken speakers in a time from about 4 months. And I have to say that I don't like this communication strategy with this " I send you a private message". I really wanna know what's wrong. Shall I better send the speakers back and get my money back or is there a solution that will work or are they really a lemon and will be broken all 4 months?

Can you please communicate more in detail what we can do.

Thank you very much
    Islayfan

Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 95
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassNew Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by islayfan View Post
    Dear Tereza

I also bought those speakers because I loved the design and I wrote everywhere about this fantastic sound. My speakers are still unpacked because I change my apartment in a month. And now I found this forum and I saw all this statements about these broken speakers in a time from about 4 months. And I have to say that I don't like this communication strategy with this " I send you a private message". I really wanna know what's wrong. Shall I better send the speakers back and get my money back or is there a solution that will work or are they really a lemon and will be broken all 4 months?

Can you please communicate more in detail what we can do.

Thank you very much
    Islayfan
    Hello islayfan, for surely I understand how you feel and this is really frustrating, especially since we're talking about audio equipment whose cost is very high. I imagine I have just four months with my speakers and like you, when I bought them, I did it by design, the brand and even at the beginning because many pages gave good reviews about the product. But with barely four months of use look what happened. The worst part is that I used my speakers very occasionally. The truth did not give use to associate with the occurrence of this failure.

Already been a week since I took them to an authorized service center that my country Philips told me.

Until today, they have not contacted me to tell me something about the problem presented and even the day that I took them despite having explained everything to the Technical Service behavior and attention it was as if I had been the causing the problem.

It is very disappointing to buy a product that you really like and that soon and need to send to repair...

Regards,

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear Islayfan,

welcome to the forum and thank you very much for your comment. There are many DS9800W that work perfectly fine, unfortunately, there are also few that have some issues and we sincerely apologise for such an inconvenience.

As suggested by one of the users in this forum, below are the steps to take when the red/green blinking occurs.

1. Power off DS9800W
    2. Power reset the router
    3. When the router is power on and working fine, power on the DS9800W
    4. Follow the Quick Start Guide and see if it can enter the setup mode (LED flashes green and yellow alternatively or red -> green -> yellow in WPS setup mode)
    5. If it can enter the setup mode, setup again to see which step in QSG is failed
    6. If DS9800W just keeps flashing green and doesn’t enter setup mode as described in step 4, kindly refer to your local Philips repair service centre.

Link to QSG - http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...10_qsg_eng.pdf

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    My DS9800 kept working for about a year. I purchased the speakers in April 2012 and 2 weeks ago they stopped working with exact the same red blinking LED. Meanwhile I got them back from service and they are working again, but I wonder what has been done in the end? I didn't receive any repair-summary and interestingly after powering on my speakers automatically logged into my network as if there has never been an error. they still had my Wifi-password saved, they had the same MAC-address as before, so service didn't even do any bigger reset. i really wonder how they could fix it while still keeping all network data, hence even my own EQ-settings were still there.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 17
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Originally posted back in October about this issue which had happened a few times.
    Never got a reply from Philips on this forum, only another forum member who had experienced the same problem.
    At the same time I had an online chat with someone from Philips support who said he could find no record of such an issue with these devices!!!!!! He said that he would get a head of support to call me on Monday morning, once again I heard nothing from Philips.
    My speaker did fix itself for a short while after this, as it had in the past, so I didn't follow it up.
    The problem reared it's ugly head not long after though & looking at the forum again today it would seem that the issue is still ongoing, withouth any sense coming from Philips as to what the problem is.
    If I am wrong on this & Philips are providing a solution then could somebody from Philips come please back to me, but not to suggest turning it off at the power or rebooting etc as this obviously does not work.

I have been a long time lover of philips products, spending a lot of money over the years on tv's and audio units, but the lack of customer service being shown on this issue is making me re-consider any future purchases.

I would appreciate some sort of response to this, as although my unit is outside warranty period I would expect that Philips should be doing something to rectify what is obviously a build error on there part. All these people complaining on here and other sites can't be doing the same things wrong.

I look forward to hearing your solution.

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear Beakertime,

with some of those devices this a known issue to us and we do sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. Unfortunately, this cannot be fixed remotely, however, if you bring your device to your local service centre they will be able to fix this for you.

Once again, we do apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Dear ChadBarba

Thanks for your reply and I hope that they will now work fine. Please keep us informed.

Best,

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Dear Tereza,

First thank you for your answer. But the point that I am interested in is if the speakers that have this issues will work fine after repair. Why have a lot of people the same problem again and again after a time of about 4 months? Does Philipps probably only change the problem causing part but this part is not reengineered?

It looks like than I see no other reason why Philipps is not communicating what exactly the problem is.

It's a pity than I love the sound and the design of this wonderful speakers!

Kind Regards,
    Islayfan

Achievements:
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear Islayfan,

as far as we are aware, the devices work fine after being serviced. There are only a few cases when the repair didn't work as intended and had to be reserviced again.

If you have above described issues with your DS9800, please take it to your local service where they will be able to fix it for you.

Once again, we do apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards,

Philips Moderator Team
    Forum Mod

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 72
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    To Philips:

1st set of speakers bought in Jan -11, and returned in Jan -12
    2nd set of speakers bought in Apr -13, and will be returned in May -13

Like Beakertime, when I contact Philips on the chat, they are not familiar with the issue, nore it being posted here in the forum for like a million times. They are incompetent, they are not familiar with the product, and they ask you to do all the basic things you've already tried about 25 times, which you have already told them don't work.

They (=you) also don't want to take responsability for the product, but instead insists on me taking it back to the seller. In my case, both times bought online, where they've been helpful, but without being able to tell me WHAT is going on. Because in the end it all ends up there by you, doesn't it? And the seller doesn't give any info from you, do they?

I'm now considering where to by my 3rd set of speakers. First seller couldn't replace them, since they didn't sell the product anymore. Second seller never replaces products, they only give a refund. So how do you suggest I will ever get the possibility to get any service, after I have bought my 3rd pair, which will of course also end up with problems??

And last, but not least, I have other topics here on the Forum, whom nobody has replied to. Why?

Best regards
    Tina

Silver Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    what issue you are have? 'the speaker' here you mean DS9800w?

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Well, the name of the topic is "DS9800 blinking red", isn't it? And I have the same problems as everybody else in here, which is now stated on 7 pages...

Silver Member
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    because i see you also posted in a DS9000 thread:
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...0&goto=newpost

and also on another sound drop/ ungrade unsuccessful thread. and each and every thread you said you hv the exactly same issue. so i ask to understand better.

so if you are having a red blinking light issue, i guess the solution is just the same as what the moderator said. you have to send it back for service... it indicates a firmware upgrade failure and no other workaround for this.

you mentioned in another thread that you bought online and cannot return to the seller. you can consider returning to the Philips service centre then.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    If I reply to an issue, it means I've replied to the issue above me, and/or stated in the topic. I do understand that you need to ask, but on the other hand I'm SICK OF telling the same story over and over again. It might be so that you are very familiar with the product, and also very competent, but that is not what I've experienced with my local Philips Support Centre on chat. And they REFUSE to let me send the speakers to them!! Which is completely dumb and silly, because like I stated before, they will end up there anyway, and also I have read in here that Philips are able to fix them! Neither the first seller nor the second, could or would replace me the speakers, nor get them fixed and returned to me. It means I have to buy new ones, which are more expensive today, and I might end up with the same problem... :-/

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast