• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Philips VOIP 855 and Skype address book

I have recently acquired a VIOP 855 and linked it to my Skype account. Generally things seem to work well but I am struggling with Contacts. I mostly use the phone to call POTS lines.
    My Skype contacts list has multiple phone numbers for contacts - home, mobile, office. This does not appear to be available on the VOIP855. I do not apear to be able to select which line to call, and it does note even say which is being selected by the phone.
    Does anyone know if I am missing a menu option, or is this Skype feature not suported by the phone?

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Any solutions so far? I have the same problems

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear both,

Unfortunately, VOIP855 does not support multiple Skype contacts. This is designed in this way 3 years before and we don't have a solution on this.
    Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    But how was it possible that it worked for about a week. All skypecontacts were visible. and then suddenly all were gone. only normal phonenumbers are still visible.
    And do you mean with "VOIP855 does not support multiple Skype contacts" that it only support skype contacts OR normal phonenumbers? So if I delete the normal phonenumbers the skypecontacts will remain?

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 127
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I never got mine to work properly. There seemed to be no logic that I found as to which number was allocated to which contact (I often have three "numbers" for each contact - Skype, Office phone, mobile phone). Altogether a major functional restriction. In the end I just looked up the number in my address book and dialled manually.

Actually, I have now given up totally with the Philips phone and Skype, and decommissioned my Skype account. Instead I have a VOIP connection and a Gigaset phone - MUCH better, both the phone functionality and the call quality. Cheaper too!

Anyone want to buy a used Philips Skype phone?

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have my unit since 4 weeks, at the start I was quite excited but it turned out bad. I bought it in the netherlands to
    use it in the Caribbean. But seemed I bought myself a lemon!
    Same as i have with all philips products: all of inferior quality(phones, plasma screens, senseo coffeemakers
    and so on...) don't know why I still buy philips products...

By the way is it not possible to use this Voip 855 phone as a phone with another VOIP connection than Skype? So
    same AS what you are doing with your gigaset. ...I actually was considering to buy a gigaset
    but this philips was on sale....now I know why!

TO PHILIPS MODERATION TEAM: CAN I RETURN THIS UNIT AND GET MY MONEY BACK??

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    By the way it's costing now quite some money to make phone calls as I cannot dial (free)skypecontacts only dialing regular numbers which you have to pay for. when dialing a skypecontact you first have to search your skypecontact through the whole skype database. which take at least two minutes!

TO PHILIPS MODERATION TEAM: WHY IS THIS PHONE SKYPE CERTIFIED IF IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO GRANT SOME BASIC SKYPE FUNCTIONALITIES???? CAN YOU PROVIDE ME AN OFFICIAL LETTER IN WHICH IS STATED THAT THIS PHONE HAS A SKYPEPROBLEM OF WHICH YOU DO NOT HAVE A SOLUTION FOR. i WILL TRY TO RETURN THIS PHONE TO THE RETAILER IN THE NETHERLANDS.

Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 104
    Overall activity: 21.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Antil View Post
    And do you mean with "VOIP855 does not support multiple Skype contacts" that it only support skype contacts OR normal phonenumbers? So if I delete the normal phonenumbers the skypecontacts will remain?
    Dear Antil,

In PC Skype, user can select to call between 1. skype call / 2. Mobile / 3. Home / 4. Office in contact list, if the destination skype account profile has such numbers configured. In current VOIP855, in contacts list select "Options" and select "Call" will always dial the Skype call at default based on the skype name which the Mobile/Home/Office numbers will not be shown.

However, this is not a defect as mentioned.

Kind regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Last edited by Philips - QK; 08-16-2012 at 04:09 AM.
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    This is not the case as all my skype contacts have no additional numbers. It's just a single skype contact. I think my problem is not quite clear to you: There is NO skype(single contact) contact visible in my contactlist on the VOIP855. On the philips website you give as solution to swap to different online status i.e. "away" and than back to "online" but also this does not bring back my skype contacts.
    problem clear now? any solutions?

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    This is not the case as all my skype contacts have no additional numbers. It's just a single skype contact. I think my problem is not quite clear to you: There is NO skype(single contact) contact visible in my contactlist on the VOIP855. On the philips website you give as solution to swap to different online status i.e. "away" and than back to "online" but also this does not bring back my skype contacts.
    Reading all these posts, I came to the conclusion that I'm dealing with the same problem. All my skype contacts are gone. The list is <Empty>. I still can receive Skypecalls and via my call historylist, I'm also able to make Skypecalls.
    Adding new Skype contacts fails too. This problem exists since one week. Until the first week of August 2012, everything was fine.
    Online (Skype @ PC), all skype contacts are still there.
    I think more skype Users are dealing with the same "contactlist" problem. One of the solutions you can find here:

http://community.skype.com/t5/Other-.../377307/page/2

or here:

http://www.helpmij.nl/forum/showthre...hilips-VOIP855

I hope Philips can provide us with more information how to solve this problem properly...

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 69
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Angry Skype online contacts disappeared

Same problem happened to my phone. It was working fine for two years. Last week no more skype contacts. It still can receive calls.
    We need Philips to take responsibility and resolve this issue. I have spoken with customer services, done all resets and no solution.

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lpsanches View Post
    Same problem happened to my phone. It was working fine for two years. Last week no more skype contacts. It still can receive calls.
    We need Philips to take responsibility and resolve this issue. I have spoken with customer services, done all resets and no solution.
    Hello all ,
    same problem , Skype contacts suddenly disappeared .
    I have unsuccessfully tried swapping status as suggested in philips faq .
    search new contacts and adding them , it doesn't work .

I have an open ticket with Italian support (50-1120885206) but no answer ..
    my VOIP855 has also the other problem with "autoconnect" feature not working at all when either the base or adsl router are switched off/on .

to be honest I am really disappointed with Philips and I am wondering why this product is still in the SKYPE shop .

if I don't receive an answer by Philips Support within one week , I will start complaining against SKYPE support .

KR

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 156
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vclerix View Post
    Hello all ,
    same problem , Skype contacts suddenly disappeared .
    I have unsuccessfully tried swapping status as suggested in philips faq .
    search new contacts and adding them , it doesn't work .

I have an open ticket with Italian support (50-1120885206) but no answer ..
    my VOIP855 has also the other problem with "autoconnect" feature not working at all when either the base or adsl router are switched off/on .

to be honest I am really disappointed with Philips and I am wondering why this product is still in the SKYPE shop .

if I don't receive an answer by Philips Support within one week , I will start complaining against SKYPE support .

KR

I can only backup your statement!!

I had reported the autoconnect issue many many months ago, but still no firmware updates!

The same lame excuse I had when I reported a sound/image syncronisation problem with my Philips TV: it is a design defect that cannot be solved by software update...
    Which proved to be wrong when some nice Philips enginers decided to take my report seriously and released a firmware update solving the sound/image sync issue on the Philips TV !!!

With the skype CERTIFIED phone happened the same: some forum admin tell us that it cannot be solved by software update, unfortunately this time no engineer was put into working for a firmware update, as no firmware update was released since I have reported the problem!

So I understand that a company cannot put engineers working all time on old products, but I expect that at least basic skype fonctionalities are supported: I have therefore as well communicated to SKYPE that this is not a skype certified product.

I honestly do not care whose the fault is, but as consumer I just expect that if I find (for free) a bug for you, you will fix it - I am sure that it is possible to fix it as my old skype DualPhone did not had this autoconnect issue even when I turned on/off the router and everything else!

Cheers

PS: see here the discussion as we are not the only one reporting the autconnect issue http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ighlight=skype
    the answer from the moderator (in a customer support forum!!!) had been:
    "Thanks for your advise. Since this is more a design issue, we are not sure [so who can be? I am not the one who have designed it! you are Philips!] this can be fixed by a firmware. We will however consider this piece of advise in the future product development. [who cares? we are in a product support forum, we have bought this device not a future one!!!]"
    Last edited by tuleggi; 09-24-2012 at 03:13 PM.

Platinum Member
    Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 54
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsOverdriveNew Achievement!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Thanks
    Hi,

Try the part that is described in DFU under part 16.5, reset to default factory settings. This will delete all your contacts in your VOIP phone.

Now log in again to Skype and see if you are able to get back all the contacts synchronized into the VoIP. Please note that the Skype contact list on PC and VoIP are independent to each other so you can edit them separately and it can ONLY be synchronized or recovered if you do a reset and log in again.

Good luck