05-11-2012, 09:05 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
- Rep Power
BDP5300K BDP6000 Latest Firmware upgrade (V1.55) has been released
V1.55 includes the following changes:
• Fixes the following issues:
o Philips TV’s with OneUX feature, BDP will freeze if BDP applications are triggered from TV menu.
o BDP does not playback media files when selected from sources menu, while using the MyRemote application on your mobile device.
The former firmware version includes the following changes:
• Philips SimplyShare is now supported. Philips SimplyShare lets you stream your music, movies & photos from Android Tablet or Android Smartphone or PCs to your Blu-ray player and playback on the TV. Simply install Philips SimplyShare app on your Tablet/Smartphone. You are now ready to enjoy all your entertainment effortlessly. You can find the SimplyShare application activation code by going to Setup > Advanced > Version Information. (V1.52 for BDP5300K/51)
• YouTube Leanback app is added to NetTV. (V1.42 for BDP6000/12)
• Upgrade Facebook application in NetTV. (V1.35)
• Improve playability on ‘HBO Eastbound and Down Season 2’. (V1.35)
• Improve playback operation on rental movies from online video stores via Net TV. (V1.35)
• Remove an unwanted screen saver when playback ‘.mkv’ files from USB flash drive. (V1.35)
• Enable Videociety online video store via Net TV in Germany and Austria. (V1.35)
• Solves the issues with VideoCity VOD service. (v1.31)
• Fixes the issues found on the following Blu-ray discs: (v1.31)
o HBO True Blood Season 3, unintended graphics in the Bonus feature menu Trueblood lines.
o Sherlock Holmes, intermittent narration in Live screening feature.
o Jumanji, unable to select subtitles from the Subtitle list.
• Also fixes the following issues: (v1.31)
o BDP auto exit to VOD main page when perform fast forward during buffering.
o Screen Saver is activated after 15-20 mins playback of mkv file in HDD.
Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/supportForum Mod
05-23-2012, 11:29 PM #2
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- Nijmegen (The Netherlands)
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Rep Power
You failed to mention that firmware version 1.42 and up enables Cinavia copy protection. For those who would like to continue to use their player without Cinavia and can live with the issues (or without the added features), please downgrade to version 1.35 ...
Last edited by vtpeters; 05-23-2012 at 11:35 PM. Reason: Remove typo's
By Philips - Remko in forum Blu-ray: BDP5000 & 6000 SeriesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-24-2012, 09:00 AM
By Philips - Remko in forum Blu-ray: BDP5000 & 6000 SeriesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-14-2012, 10:52 AM
By Philips - Remko in forum Blu-ray: General and Others (MBD/PB Series)Replies: 7Last Post: 02-02-2012, 09:54 PM
By Philips - Remko in forum Blu-ray: BDP9000 SeriesReplies: 20Last Post: 11-13-2011, 09:48 AM
By Philips - Remko in forum Blu-ray: BDP5000 & 6000 SeriesReplies: 3Last Post: 10-28-2011, 08:07 AM