• Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Overall activity: 2.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Talking Experience Thread - TPM177E_012.002.070.141 for 6162/12, 6262/12, 6272/12

Hi,

New software is available:

TPM177E_012.002.070.141 (2018-01-15)

- Resolve TV hung up issue
    - Resolve Miracast connection issue
    - Resolve USB device detection issue
    - Improvement on HDMI Game mode performance
    - Update channel logo

At the moment, available to download from your TV's firmware upgrade menu.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Currently fast-checked channel select by up/down buttons, they added some delay to tuner for tune new frequency, and cant switch constantly when you push up/down randomly (that was the main reason for black screen and freeze after fast channel switch, i think)

The user interface faster than before, and they fixed some visual problems too between icons and menu items. (one more left at top left corner, little visible half-circle icon under house icon )

Tomorrow i will check youtube stability (it was freezing after play 8-10 UHD video) and some other stuffs.

Thank you guys, nice work!

Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi, I just updated.
    The changing channels function, now appare to be faster, not like my LG at all, but more than with .61fw.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 52
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!31 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks

Thumbs up

Finally some improvements!

So far so good. No freezes when switching channels, or using the EPG. The menus are a bit more responsive. The channel list is positively fast now. I didn't notice inexplicable empty sections in the EPG anymore.

Some remaining issues:

• The EPG still has inexplicable missing data. Usually for the current and sometimes the following TV program. Eclectically for several channels. This can only be a glitch because how could info be available for future programs but not the present (and the following) program?
    • Always wants to format any drive when I press play/pause/etc instead of opening it as source for video playback. High risk of dataloss.
    • EPG is super laggy, janky
    • I have "Perbarui panduan TV" instead of "update channel list" in my language in the EPG options.
    • Low resolution UI. And particularly small characters for the TV program information. ("i" button)
    • The "overview" function (which I active within the info view by pressing the yellow button) is still very glitchy. It shows programs that have ended and is empty for several channels. (even though I verified that the data is available in the EPG)
    Last edited by mzso; 01-18-2018 at 11:07 AM.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I've been waiting so long for this update - and I can't seem to get it installed! Normally I update over the internet directly through the TV - but it reports my software is up to date (it's the previous version still..November 2017 release). Fair enough - perhaps the UK server to TV isn't updated yet (the software release is only a few days old)

So I've tried the old fashioned way of downloading to USB, unzipping into "upgrades" folder as explained in the instructions directly from the support website

Although my TV recognises I've inserted a USB (and writes some files to it when I put it in) it doesn't update automatically. I can't even initiate an update from settings>update>local updates doesn't appear to recognise any update file exists!

I've emailed support.... but while I await a reply, any advice or similar experiences? Normally wouldn't be so bothered as already discussed in other thread the previous update is so problematic with freezes etc I am very eager to sort this!
    Last edited by kanbot; 01-20-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kanbot View Post
    I've been waiting so long for this update - and I can't seem to get it installed! Normally I update over the internet directly through the TV - but it reports my software is up to date (it's the previous version still..November 2017 release). Fair enough - perhaps the UK server to TV isn't updated yet (the software release is only a few days old)

So I've tried the old fashioned way of downloading to USB, unzipping into "upgrades" folder as explained in the instructions directly from the support website

Although my TV recognises I've inserted a USB (and writes some files to it when I put it in) it doesn't update automatically. I can't even initiate an update from settings>update>local updates doesn't appear to recognise any update file exists!

I've emailed support.... but while I await a reply, any advice or similar experiences? Normally wouldn't be so bothered as already discussed in other thread the previous update is so problematic with freezes etc I am very eager to sort this!
    I just copied the .upg into the root of the drive. My guess is you might need to navigate to the correct folder if you didn't.
    Or downloaded (or renamed the file) the wrong firmware and the TV won't show it. (/12 and /5 TVs have a different FW) It seems to me that UK gets the /05 suffixed version numbered TVs: https://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-so/tel...ry.p-grid-icon

7. The Following User Says Thank You to mzso For This Useful Post:

kanbot (01-21-2018)

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Yes, that's it UK /05. Never realised, and no new update for UK at this moment in time - Will keep waiting!

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Overall activity: 25.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    HI,

Software for UK sets is going to be released soon. I will create new thread as soon as it's ready to download.

Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Overall activity: 1.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I was in Turkey agree den.
    I have a 50pus 6262/12 TV.
    Mr. Philips officials and developers.
    Last update did not solve my problem either.

Briefly;
    60Hz supported computer connected with 4k desktop resolution, V2,0 premium HDMI cable. There is a mouse delay during the desktop. The videos force the panel 60HZ while watching. Mouse placement is reaching a very serious level. At this moment, the video does not fit, vibrations occur.
    The game mode is also relatively good. However, when the TV is turned off and on, it forgets settings.
    All the other picture modes are plugged in from any video source because it forces 60Hz to make the picture smooth. This includes Computer mode.

I tried many successful player software. All picture modes and fine adjustments have been tried.
    I tried every resolution. I tried fine tuning. Unfortunately the result is still the same.

Can we fix this problem with software?

There are always stuck videos on usb yada smart.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I'm starting to think that the incomplete EPG issue is timing related. It seems like I get the most gaps, if I switch the TW at around xx:30.

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 79
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!7 days registered

Level
    Thanks

Question Problems

Quote Originally Posted by wwenigma View Post
    Hi,

New software is available:

TPM177E_012.002.070.141 (2018-01-15)

- Resolve TV hung up issue
    - Resolve Miracast connection issue
    - Resolve USB device detection issue
    - Improvement on HDMI Game mode performance
    - Update channel logo

At the moment, available to download from your TV's firmware upgrade menu.
    Hi, i bought this TV for my father who has Parkinson´s disease and we have had so many problems with it, thought the update would help our issues but it did not.

The internet disconnects randomly and does not reconnect unless i manually connect it in the settings menu netflix does not work without internet so it throws an error.
    Reading from USB files that ivé seen it read that i know are compatible are suddenly showing error unsupported filetype on all files, only way to end it is by pulling the power plug.
    Sometimes partitions are not showing up until i pull the power and start fresh.
    My dad accidentally formatted the hdd twice by pushing the wrong button?? bye bye private pictures and videos.

Is there some way to clear the crap and start fresh from the remote so my dad does not have to spend 15 minutes getting up and walk to the power plug ever so often?
    Is there some way to disable the format or protect the drive?
    Is there really no way to disable or hide unused sources?

Thanks in advance

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuborg View Post
    Is there some way to clear the crap and start fresh from the remote so my dad does not have to spend 15 minutes getting up and walk to the power plug ever so often?
    Is there some way to disable the format or protect the drive?
    Sadly no. You need an off switch on the wall outlet or get a remote controlled one...

The second part I also hate. You press play/pause/etc and you get the formatting prompt with starting it pre-selected...
    And if you managed to avoid hitting okay, you get another prompt whether you really want to abort formatting...
    The only thing you can do is not leave the USB drive plugged, but remove it after you watched a move or something... At least when you plug it opens it for playback and not for formatting.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    So I was toying with the idea of playing videos from a network share, and of course it's broken.

Whenever I select the network source the TV hangs. It keeps showing the DLNA screen with the Panasonic TV showing up but it stops responding to anything. Only the off button works but even that's useless, because when I switch the TV back on again it will be stuck again showing the same screen.

I have to unplug it...

Edit:
    I can partially bring back the TV broadcast by using the TVs joystick button to select a source. But this isn't of use either. whatever button I press the DLNA screen comes back.
    Last edited by mzso; 02-07-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Another bug:
    It seems like language preference settings are totally ignored in video playback mode (I tried from USB).

Always the first audio stream is loaded even though either of the two preferred languages are the second.

The languages are identified properly by the TV, so that's not the problem.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Miracast connection issue seems to be present after the update :|

Tried the Miracast connection with LG G5 smartphone, Samsung S7 smartphone & my Asus laptop (all of which worked fine with previous tv's Miracast). When trying to connet to Miracast, tv scrolls "connecting" for a minute or two, after that the connection attempt is cancelled (timeout or something maybe). After the failed Miracast sync attempt the TV must be soft-reseted (tv unplugged for 30sec) in order to give the Miracast connetcion attempt another go...

In earlier versions the Mracast connection function froze, so this time this is a bit different, but unfortunately not working yet :|

My tv is PHILIPS 50PUS6262/12

EDIT: finally got the Miracast working! I tried many things on my devices and in the end the F-secure Freedome (VPN/wifi security etc. program) seems to be the issue. After I disabled the Freedome (and started to browse without extra protection etc., which I don't usually do), the connection thru Miracast was established. I have the program on all my devices (laptop & mobile devices), so that seems to be the reason..

Do you know if there is any way to use Miracast with programs like F-secure Freedome (a program that secures wifi-connections etc.)?
    Last edited by JanneJ; 02-09-2018 at 10:57 AM. Reason: Found a fix