Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 147
    Overall activity: 80.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    When using Wifi there's no problems.
    Using wired ethernet (both Linksys and Cisco 3560 switch) I get reboots. Don't have any other switches to test with.
    Could this have something todo with broadcast/multicast traffic? Well, using wifi the problem is less annoying for me.

Cheers
    DJ

Quote Originally Posted by weijte000 View Post
    I can confirm problem also still exists with 14.101 version on my 52pfl9606H/12. Engineer who visited me said it was a Linksys/Cisco communication error. I also have read people using QNAP devices for DLNA.

Can people confirm if it's Cisco only or not or that it's in relation to QNAP devices?

Just posted in connectivity:
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ssues-(Reboot)

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!3 months registered250 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    47PFL6007T712
    Same happens here with my new TV after 1 week without noticing this problem. TV "resets" every 5 or 10 minutes.
    I have the last FW upgrade on TV, TV is connected to Wireless Router.
    Notice: happens on digital, unencrypted broadcast. (I have not received the adapter/ card from Cable Company yet). This does not happen when streaming video from NAS, nor from the analogue canals.

I have switched off automatic update of digital channels as suggested earlier W/O result.

I have also for days tried to make the streaming from network work. Sometimes it works sometimes not :-(
    The TV set was initially possible to use for streaming video/ audio/ fotos using Twonky Media Manager (smart, if it only had worked for more than one day...) I have tried to reinstall without beeing able to see my TV from the computer anymore. I am however almost all the time able to access the different Media Servers from the TV. The different media servers in the house are from time to time visible in Twonky Media Manager, but not all the time.

Did I mention that the Philips App for controlling the TV/ streaming telephone content to TV also fails; so far the only app I have seen to freeze my iPhone; I have had to make a "forceful closure" several times......

Is the Philips series of "Smart" TVs released to the market before they were developed?? From reading all the comments here at the forum this seems to be the case..

This reminds me of my last (forever) Nokia; smart on the specs but nothing worked; at the end it was scrapped.. So is the company Nokia.......
    Last edited by OM-Norway; 10-06-2012 at 12:25 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 93
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    What NAS do you use? I found serious issues with using my QNAP:
    http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...ssues-(Reboot)

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have these restarting problem with my 40PFL8605H, after the last upg:

Switch TV on: OK, but after about 3-5 minutes: screen goes dark, flashing standby-LED, sound goes off, TV restarts, for some seconds imgae and sound returns, then off and on again, again, etc.. till at last there is nor sound nor vision

Tried everything described here: turned of automatic channel update, disconnected from my network, nothing helps.
    Doesn't matter whether I watch HDMI, network, TVchannels analog or digital, with- or without CI+

Unbelievable that so many people should suffer this major breakdown of an expensive and otherwise great TV.

I cannot understand why it should be so hard to rewrtite the upg, the older one did not have this problem, so just compare them and do the rewrite, is MHO.

Very frustrated, after being an enthousiastic Philips TV owner.

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Could you describe your network the TV is connected to? Currently it seems the networking is causing these failures...
    - Fixed LAN or Wireless
    - What type of router
    - Do you use Network attached storage (NAS), if yes what type
    - What's your current firmware version
    - Do you know what firmware version you ran before the upgrade

Yes it seems more people have this issue but as far as I've seen there's no real common denominator and that makes it very hard to determine the cause and the solution. It's not as simple as the previous firmware worked fine from what I've seen. For me the problems started with v000.014.096.000.

/Me

Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 50
    Overall activity: 3.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    It's a wired network via a Cisco Linksys WRT610N. I also use a NAS on this network, a Synology DS110.
    But the network is momentarily disconnected, and I had the power of the TV of after that, for an hour.
    Makes not the slightest difference...
    Alas I do not know what my former firmware version was.
    For a time I could not make contact with net TV, and only after almost a year I found out how to update via USB.
    From that I loaded the last one: Q55XX_0.140.48.0 I think it is, at last that is the name of the accompaning Opensource textfile.

Whish I would never had done that. With the problem of the former, not being able to connect to net TV, I could way better live then with this one :-(

Thx 4 responding, weijte000

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 88
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    OM-Norway - 47PFL6007T712

Update of my situation.

I have located the reason for frequent restarts of the TV to be the USB HDD I have connected running in recording mode constant for timeshift capabilities. This was the reason why this only occured on digital channels, as analogue channels is not recorded. I tried to reformat the HDD using the TV and it stopped. I have also tried to diagnose and reformat the disc using appropriate Western Digital SW on the computer. I do not know if the TV killed the HDD or if the disc was a faulty one. Western Digital

From reading other posts there seems to be an issue regarding USB drives. Seems that the use of drives without external Powersupply give problems, and also USB 3.0 drives that are USB 2.0 compliant has some issues. I will try with a new one (the drive was purchased for the purpose together with the TV).

My network is quite simple with a ZyXEL P 2602 HW router. Wired to this I have a WD MyBook World NAS as my media server, and my system has until now operated without any problems when I access it using media players (computers, iPhones and iPods). I have not "beamed" to a third unit before.

I also now can "see" the TV as much as 2 of 3 times trying to "beam" content to it using Twonky Media Manager ...

I still have big problems using the MyRemote app; I have to give it 3 or 4 chances to start, and it is sometimes impossible to start and even freeze the phone.

Sometimes it feels that we are a part of the Philips Development team. I wonder what wuld be the case if this TV was purchased by my mother. She would have to call a technician just to get the TV working..

Good luck to you all in our common search of stability in our TV sets

OM-Norway

Bronze Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks

Solved!!

I was able to solve my problem by doing a factory reset and reconfigure on the relevant devices. Router (full factory reset, reboot), NAS (reload latest firmware, reboot), TV (load latest firmware, full power recycle).

Since yesterday I'm runing my fulll infrastrcuture again and have NOT seen anymore reboots on the TV...

Hope this can be benficial to others!

/Me

Silver Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Hello weijte,

My reboot problems have also disappeared (no reboots for 2 weeks now, after reboots on a daily basis), but I have made NO changes.
    So I still do not understand the root cause...
    And as suddenly as the problem stopped, it might come back

Niels

EDIT:
    Damn, I wish I would not have posted the above. This same afternoon the TV had some reboots again!
    Last edited by Niels; 10-10-2012 at 03:44 PM. Reason: "te vroeg gejuich"

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Philips told me I had to get my TV repaired.

I did so, they're delivering it tomorrow. Let's hope this helps
    I'll let you guys know.

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    31 days registered100 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Several Philips Hotline Calls and TV "repaired" twice but still random black screens

I had several calls with the Philips hotline and got my TV reparied by changing the mainboard but it didn't help. FInally I got an exchange model but again, it showed the same issues (with the latest 101 Firmware). I believe it started after upgrading the FW to the 99 version. Before, everything was running fine. Unfortunately, I can't get the 98 version anymore to validate. Can someone help?

FInally, I can say that this only accurs when the Network (Ethernet) cable is connected. Obviously, streaming from a DLNA device is not possible anymore because it interrupts the movie and jumps back to regular TV mode.

Again, I have those interrupts only after plugging in the Network. Without it is running fine. Can someone validate?
    Last edited by surfy2; 10-21-2012 at 05:46 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 47%, Points required for next Level: 106
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have no ethernet cable attached and I also have the problem. So that can't be it.

I also got it repaired and they said noting was wrong with it so that's also of nut much help.

I can confirm though that it came with one of the latest firmware upgrades, I never had it before that.

- Vincent

Level completed: 10%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I get closer to the root cause.... Do you have a QNAP NAS attached to your network? When I disconnect this device from the network or turn the box off I don't have the random reboots. Anyhow, Philips can't just blame QNAP for being the faulty device because I have a Samsung TV attached to the network as well and everything runs fine!

So, dear Philips support/R&D: Take this up as a serious event! The amount of resources and cost your are generating in your organization by exchanging mainboards, exchanging the entire TV's (as in my case) must be vast, considering the other threads in various forums complaining abount the same topic (including repair interventions).

I work in a Productmanagement and R&D environment as well and I can give you a good advise: Investigate the root cause (possibly together with QNAP) and release a new firmware! It will save your organization a huge amount of money by not having to "repair" and exchange TV's for something that is not solveable without an FW upgrade! Again, Samsung works fine under the same condition.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Surfy,

Thanks for your posts. I suffer from the reboots on my 32PFL7605C12 as of FW 140.40 (end 2011).
    I am using wifi (PTA/01 dongle on TV) and have a USB network harddisk attached to my Netgear router. When the network is NOT connected I have no problems with the TV
    (But I bought this TV for the IP-EPG and option to stream movies/pictures/music from the network)

I contacted Philips and proposed to sent the TV for repair or swap the main board, but according your experiences this will not solve the problem. So my only hope is that Philips solves the network problems in a new firmware release.
    However I get the idea that Philips is not reading this forum at all and is not solving our problem...

Niels

Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 81
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have same problem on 32PFL4047T but only when I use PTA01 USB for WIFI. No problem when I use cable connected internet connection

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast