Hi ... I recently decided to upgrade from my WAC7500 + stations to the MCi8080 + NP3900 / NP3700. The reason for making the change is that I was running out of disk space on the WAC.

So far I have extracted all the music files from the WAC using WACHandler, and then added album art. I have then copied all these files on the HDD of MCi8080. It is a list of 19,168 files (72GB)...there are no folders. It took the MCi8080 over 30 hours to update the database the first time.

I then read that I could change the name of the unit to something more meaningful ....which I did ....not realising that this would mean the unit would update the whole database. After 36 hours it was up to 99% ....and 10 hours later it was still on 99% ....so I pulled the plug. I deleted the database folder that had been created and let it start again ....it is now up to 51% after 8 hours.

My first question is ...is it normal that it takes this long? Is not having folders a good or a bad thing?

My next question is how best to manage the HDD once it has all the files? I plan to link my PC wirelessly to the MCi, and then add it as a folder to an Itunes library (or Windows Media Player if Itunes will not work). On my WAC I had a lot of playlists that I would like to transfer to the MCi, but I would also like to update them easily. I would therefore like to import them to Itunes (or WMP) for manipulation, and for them to be saved on the MCi HDD so that they can be played.

Assuming this is possible how do I:
1) extract the playlists from the WAC using WACHandler in a format that is acceptable to Itunes (or WMP)?
2) import them to Itunes (or WMP)?
3) get Itunes (or WMP) to save the playlists to the HDD?

If I can avoid recreating the playlists manually, I would be very happy!

Any advice would be greatly received ...THANKS!