Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 57
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello Support team!
    I have a TV-32PDL7906H, I've connected with HTS5110_12 with HDMI 1.4 (ARC) cable.
    But when I turn on HD-multimediaplayer on another HDMI port (HDMI2,3 or that by- side) began disturbance with system functionality TV<>SOUNDBAR, if I turn ON and turn OFF the TV with the included HD-multimedia player-the icon of HTS5110_12 in the menu on TV disappears and the two device can not recognize each other (EasyLink and ARC are demage and soundbar stops playing sound from ARC), or a play sound, but I can not comand this by Remute Control; If I pull the player`s HDMI cable from the TV and then turn off the TV and turn it ON; and when the TV-work I plug in HD-player`s connector to TV, system works.Interest is that when the TV is turned on only with HTS5110_12-everything is fine (soundbar play audio from TV), but when I turn HDMI cable (which the other end is not connected to any device), also occur malfunctions! This is certainly due to bad software and please be worked on it, because now I have 2 unit of Phillips, who can not use it fully!

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dog soldier View Post
    you can find KIKA at ZDFneo/KIKA

Remember that ZDFneo/KIKA is not the same as Ki.KA. ZDFneo/KIKA is normally for terrestic (DVB-T) receiving. EPG should be different to Ki.KA because ZDF/neo and Ki.KA shares one frequence. Outside of Ki.KA transmission time (6.00 - 20.00 or. 21.00) ZDFneo transmits.
    Last edited by BentonFraser2k; 05-22-2012 at 09:50 AM.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    7606k/02
    Today timeshift function is crasy: First it works like it shoud. After switching some channels and pressing pause, pause is shown on tv but picture and sound is going on. Can't leave the function only with changing source. On other channel suddenly pause Button has no function once again->Play is pause again!

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have recently purchased a 7666T. No problems with picture, sound or ambilight yet, but I've now upgraded it to the 14.98 firmware in the hope that it would fix some of the other issues I was having out of the box, but alas...

1) Just installing the software was more difficult than it needed to be. The TV claimed it was up to date even though there were several more recent versions of software available. I assume that it is not necessary to install each update in turn as the installation guide does not say that you have to, so just went straight from 14.93 to 14.98

2) There is no way to access digital teletext. The red button which is normally used shows a demo menu. This was supposed to be fixed according to the release notes in 14.95. I get the impression that the television is not capable of interpreting digital teletext as radio channels do not show an MHEG placeholder. Given that this technology is more than a decade old, that's surprising.

3) The television has a concept of time that would confuse Doctor Who. Setting the clock to automatic shows the wrong time. Setting it to Country Dependent/Daylight saving is even worse. Manually setting the clock causes it to display the correct time...until it decides to set itself back to automatic again after a few hours (in case you're wondering, the TV is in home mode rather than shop so it's not that). Even if the time is right the time shown on the now/next info via Options->What's on is always wrong, although the programmes are correct. Currently this is an hour less than reality. Please don't blame the broadcaster, I have umpteen other devices accessing the same information and they have no such problems. The only thing which always shows the correct time is NetTV.

4) Not sure is this is a function of the firmware, but the Gracenote IP-EPG is terrible. I wouldn't use it, but I'm forced to in order to record via USB. The times shown on programming are all 2 hours ahead (a programme which starts at 20:00 will be shown as 22:00 on the EPG). Fortunately it also thinks the local time is equally wrong so recordings happen when they should, but it's not user friendly. Many programmes are shown as TBA and some of those which aren't give information for a completely different programme on their details page.

5) When I first installed the TV I set up a digital receiver device. I later changed my mind and removed it from the device list. It keeps coming back and disappearing and coming back and disappearing.....etc. Some of the other devices I have added to the home menu since have disappeared, but they're not for reappearing. I also can't add them again as the inputs have been used and it won't give the options.

Any fixes you know of for the above issues, gratefully received.

The following is a wish list

6) The ability to use the DVB EPG for recordings (my PVRs can do it, including the one which is a badged Philips box, why can't the TV).

7) The ability to record and watch a different input at the same time.

8) It would be useful if the Source list would show the labels assigned in the Home menu for each input.

9) In general the ergonomics of this TV give the impression that Philips have looked at what other manufacturers do that is easy to use and said, "let's do something else". So rather than easily switching between inputs with one button, they use 3. Rather than giving one-button access to the EPG it's necessary to call up the home menu, move to Programming guide and press OK. Rather than just pressing OK for now/next information, let's make them press Options, move to What's On and press OK. In other words why use one button when 3 will do. It's ugly, unnecessary and not user friendly in the least. It would be wonderful if you could streamline these. It needn't even mean losing the current functionality, for example, just allow repeated presses of the Source button to increment between inputs and take silence as instruction to switch and allow OK to show Now/Next information in addition to what you're doing now.
    Last edited by guilbo; 05-27-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Found the reason for the grey sections. See below

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 63
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I found it really annoying that each time the TV starts up, it shows the authentication of the CAM module.. ( it disappears after approx 3 sec)

Also the EPG is really rubbish, take a look at the Cisco 8485 decoder, this is how a proper EPG should be like
    + quick
    + lot of information
    + clear and neat layout

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 97
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheese View Post
    I found it really annoying that each time the TV starts up, it shows the authentication of the CAM module.. ( it disappears after approx 3 sec)

Also the EPG is really rubbish, take a look at the Cisco 8485 decoder, this is how a proper EPG should be like
    + quick
    + lot of information
    + clear and neat layout
    I have this "problem" too, since FW 19.xx don't know, first firmware that was on TV in December 2011. I can't believe it!

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 51
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I have found the source of some of my issues in message #19.

I had a brainwave. Try reinstalling channels. I started the process and when asking for the country it suggested Finland. I changed this to UK and went through the process. The MHEG channels are now recognised as such and digital text can now be entered using the red button and the clock is now correct.

I don't know why the TV was initially set up as Finnish - NetTV also had Finnish apps initially. I'm pretty certain I took the UK option when the TV was first set up, it's not like Finland and UK are next to each other in the menu. That will remain a mystery.

Unfortunately there have been 2 unwelcome side effects to setting the correct locale:

1) I now can't use the handy facility to turn the screen off when using an MHEG channel. The green button is needed for text and turning off the Digital Graphic, so no longer accesses the environmental menu. This isn't a problem for toggling the light sensor or auto switch-off as they can be accessed elsewhere in the menu, but "screen off" isn't. My suggestion would be to include the environmental menu in the list of things accessed by the "Adjust" button, but certainly you need to include the ability to turn off the screen somewhere in the menu system other than the one accessed by the green button.

2) I no longer have access to the network EPG. I have checked that I have Programming Guide set to network. It seems bizarre that UK channels' EPG can be accessed through the network outside the UK, but not inside it. This, of course, means that I no longer have access to the ability to record or playback prior recordings as the network EPG has to be used for those facilities, so rather raises the priority of requiring recordings to work from the DVB menu. This is a shame as I'd just realised that recordings can be played while another (or even the same) recording is happening which is really useful.

I would also like the ability to input a channel number when using the OTA EPG by using the number buttons on the remote. Scrolling through is a bore. Channel numbers on the display would be welcome too.
    Last edited by guilbo; 05-27-2012 at 04:39 PM. Reason: typo

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 131
    Achievements:
    500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Hello there, I have a problem, with my 7606 that I can't connect my android phone to my tv through simply share, though the digital media renderer is set to on, what might be the problem?any help would be appreciated

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I did upgrade 14.98. However automatic shutdowns problem is still present for me and other people! This problem is not solved, this is not true. And this problem is NOT ACCEPTABLE. And new bugs are appearing every day. I want full return this TV. Please help me... I don't interested any solution. I'm tired, and I'm very unsatisfied. Please return this TV.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 264
    Overall activity: 4.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    One thing i already complained, never got a response but already is listed as solved in an earlier software release.
    It lately became worse with tiny clicks in sound that happen in audio when i feed my 7656 with a BDP-5180. Changing HDMI inputs or cables doesn´t change it. The clicks are more seldom with the connected Digital Recoder but happen sometimes.
    Together with its many other faults i am really thinking about getting another TV and play the service send-and-return game till the end of days or i maybe get another model.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 43
    Achievements:
    3 months registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Wombat View Post
    One thing i already complained, never got a response but already is listed as solved in an earlier software release.
    It lately became worse with tiny clicks in sound that happen in audio when i feed my 7656 with a BDP-5180. Changing HDMI inputs or cables doesn´t change it. The clicks are more seldom with the connected Digital Recoder but happen sometimes.
    Together with its many other faults i am really thinking about getting another TV and play the service send-and-return game till the end of days or i maybe get another model.
    Yes, this problem also have 7906.

I'm waiting to accept return. Philips should refund this serie if they care about customer satisfaction!

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 27
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredTagger Second Class250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I had the same issue with HDMI cable

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I have the latest software in my tv 6626/H and i am experiancing a lot of issues. I see channels in digital and sometimes when i change channel the sound is off and i have to change channel again so to hear sound. Second when i am in smart tv and i go back to tv the channel name is dissapearred. Third again when i am exploring apps in smart tv, my tv turns off and again on by own and i can't explore apps. A lot of issues that needs to be fixed. Cyprus

Silver Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 124
    Overall activity: 8.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    I have tested 14.98 for two weeks, following bugs/issues happened one or more times:

#1 Ambilight continues to work after switching to stand-by. Ranging from 10 seconds to hours/continuously. (Since FW14.97)
    #2 After pressing FREV, timeshift player crashes
    #3 Message "Scrambled Program" stays on the screen after switching channels.
    #4 Soft Clicks in the Audio Signal. (Since FW14.95)
    #5 Pressing 123654 to acces CSM gives message "Channel not installed"
    #6 When watching a teletext page suddenly the message "No text available" is shown for a while.
    #7 Recording function is blocked, message "Connect storage", but storage is connected and timeshift works, so the HDD is OK. Remedy: Disconnect and reconnect the HDD.
    #8 After switching to a scrambled channel from an analog channel no sound/picture but message "scrambled program".
    #9 Opening the EPG gives message "the requested page is not available". "Reload page" doesn't solve it. Only after clearing the apps memory the EPG works again.
    #10 No picture after switching channels
    #11 Timeshift only starts to record after trying to acces it, so not possible to FREV to earlier parts that should be recorded.
    #12 Can not scroll beyond a certain time in the EPG listings. Remedy: Clear apps memory.
    #13 After switching TV on from stand-by, no reception of scrambled channels. Switching channels doesn't help. Remedy: Switch TV to stand-by and back on again.
    Last edited by L1Zeeman; 06-06-2012 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Added item #13 that was missing

Silver Member
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 45
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Sounds like alpha test phase instead of a FW release that is already released for customers worldwide...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast