05-22-2012, 09:53 AM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2011
- Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
- Rep Power
BDP5500&BDP5510&BDP6100 Latest Firmware upgrade (V3.17) has been released
V3.17 is released to BDP5500/12, /98, /55, /05, X/78, S/51, K/51 and BDP5510/12 and BDP6100/12 only.
V3.17 includes the following changes:
• VideoCall (Skype) is added to the home menu. Add a new dimension to your calls and contact your friends and relatives as if you are there. Simply plug in a selected* Skype™ camera to your home theater or Blu-ray player and enjoy HD video and excellent sound quality from the comfort of your couch. Use your familiar list of Skype™ contacts from your current Skype™ account and start calling! Skype™ camera is sold separately. To purchase, visit: www.freetalk.me/philips. Refer to the FAQ in the product support website for more information on how to use VideoCall.
• System stability improvement.
Note: After upgrading the firmware, follow the steps below to reset the device to factory settings:
1. Switch off the player.
2. Switch on the player.
3. Go to Setup Menu (Do not go to Easylink / Preferences).
4. On the remote control press UP to scrolled to ADVANCED.
5. In ADVANCED, select RESTORE FACTORY DEFAULT.
6. The player would automatically restart.
The former firmware version includes the following changes:
Kindly download the software at www.philips.com/supportForum Mod
By Philips - Remko in forum Sound: DS8000- and DS9000-seriesReplies: 8Last Post: 05-27-2013, 08:25 AM
By Philips - Remko in forum Blu-ray: BDP7000 SeriesReplies: 0Last Post: 05-08-2012, 11:29 AM
By Toengel in forum Blu-ray: BDP8000 SeriesReplies: 0Last Post: 02-26-2012, 01:05 PM
By Philips - Remko in forum Blu-ray: BDP9000 SeriesReplies: 1Last Post: 12-26-2011, 12:12 PM
By Philips in forum Blu-ray: HTS SeriesReplies: 0Last Post: 04-21-2011, 11:01 AM