Topic: Media Server
05-22-2012, 01:11 PM #1
- Join Date
- May 2012
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Rep Power
I've been trying to make my TV (Philips 46PFL9706T) stream content from my PC.
I tried two different media-servers, and I failed. So it's not that user-friendly as it might seem.
In this thread I would like to collect all knowledge and adviсes that anyone could give (I would also appreciate the help of Philips officials).
So, here are the main questions:
1. What MediaServer Software is the best one for Philips TV? (depending on OS)
2. What is the actual MediaServer Philips can officially recommend (I don't believe that thay made the DLNA option in TV without worriyng if their customers could make it work with anything. They should have made tests with specific servers).
3. What are the Firewall settings which should be applied on PC?
4. What are the network/routing settings that should be applied?
I would appreciate any help.
By roberto75 in forum TV: Streaming & NetworkReplies: 7Last Post: 05-22-2012, 06:33 PM
By Waka in forum TV: Streaming & NetworkReplies: 1Last Post: 01-18-2012, 12:37 PM
By theleroy in forum TV: Streaming & NetworkReplies: 3Last Post: 11-25-2011, 07:38 AM
By theleroy in forum Blu-ray: HTS SeriesReplies: 2Last Post: 11-11-2011, 10:33 AM
By FJW in forum TV: Streaming & NetworkReplies: 2Last Post: 08-03-2010, 11:04 AM