• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Fast forward, jump to point in time of video

Recently bought and set up the 40pfl5507h and connected it to my tv for streaming media.
    That part went pretty smoothly but it is a real bug that restarting a video from a previous point is impossible. Also the fast foward function is quite slow to reach lets say 1 hour in the movie.
    Why is the function that exists in Net TV not incorporated that lets you jump at least to 1-9 parts of the file?

Of course setting a precise point in time would also work fine.

This experience does not correspond well to the sense and simplicity values that should be prevelant especially in basic functionality as fast fowarding.

Unfortunately a topic on this had been closed before (about a year ago) yet it seems no improvement has been made here. Or am i missing something and is there a way to workaround this issue?

Regards

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Try pressing the Fast Forward button like 2-3 times to see if it will increase its speed.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Yes.. a bit, but pressing it three times results in regular play mode.

The fast forward does not go faster than lets say x10 and thus you'd need to wait 6 minutes to make it to the one hour mark roughly..
    Additionally I cant see the time progress when it is fast forwarding except when you press the info button repeatedly. Very unfortunate.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritin View Post
    Recently bought and set up the 40pfl5507h and connected it to my tv for streaming media.
    That part went pretty smoothly but it is a real bug that restarting a video from a previous point is impossible. Also the fast foward function is quite slow to reach lets say 1 hour in the movie.
    Why is the function that exists in Net TV not incorporated that lets you jump at least to 1-9 parts of the file?

Of course setting a precise point in time would also work fine.

This experience does not correspond well to the sense and simplicity values that should be prevelant especially in basic functionality as fast fowarding.

Unfortunately a topic on this had been closed before (about a year ago) yet it seems no improvement has been made here. Or am i missing something and is there a way to workaround this issue?

Regards
    Hi Maritin.

Can you please confirm where you are streaming from? (USB/HDD, Smart TV, PC etc)

Best Regards
    Benedickte
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Benedickte,

I am streaming from PC with PS3mediaserver installed as mediaserver.
    I just tried the recommended mediaserver powered by twonky, this one does not seem to give me any fast-foward option though. So for that matter i'd better stick to first mentioned mediaserver.

Within the TV i access the files by 'network' and then browse to the correct location.

Regards

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class5000 Experience Points1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Overdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Maritin View Post
    Hi Benedickte,

I am streaming from PC with PS3mediaserver installed as mediaserver.
    I just tried the recommended mediaserver powered by twonky, this one does not seem to give me any fast-foward option though. So for that matter i'd better stick to first mentioned mediaserver.

Within the TV i access the files by 'network' and then browse to the correct location.

Regards
    Hi Maritin

I have had a look into this, and this is depending on the capabilities from the Server and how he handles the communication with the TV. It also comes to file size vs streaming vs network.

As you know our Tv's are using DLNA that is UPnP but with more possibilities.

If the Server detects the TV as UPnP Device, it might limit the available option due to the fact that UPnP Devices cannot use all the function which should be available via DLNA.

Within Twonky and our Media Manager in the Shares Tab the user can edit the way Twonky interacts with the connected devices and you can change the profile how Twonky identifies the connected Devices. for example "generic" means that the Devices will be handled with minimum options.
    Changing it manually to Philips TV 2012 or Philips TV should add more Options. However, we cannot guarantee that Fast forward is faster after these changes.

When it comes to file size, streaming and network while fast forwarding the server have to push more traffic to the network, depending on the original file size, this can bring the WLAN for example to its maximum capabilities.

Did you get media manager / Twonky from the support page?

Best regards
    Benedickte
    Last edited by Philips - Benedickte; 06-20-2012 at 11:46 AM. Reason: edit and add information
    Forum Mod