• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 12
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Is there a hardware reset to factory settings?

I seem to have lost connection to my new AW3000. I managed to get it onto the wireless network through the Philips_install - but then could not get anything streamed from iphone - ipad etc. My guess is it needs a firmware update ...

anyway... I cannot now find the device on any networks and trying to make it go through the set-up routine fails... the light stays amber...

I am sure there must be a way to do a factory reset somehow... holding a combination of buttons and powering up .. or something like that?

have that depressing feeling this is bleeding edge technology and I should have waited....!

ugh.

TIA

Jem

Silver Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jemr View Post
    I seem to have lost connection to my new AW3000. I managed to get it onto the wireless network through the Philips_install - but then could not get anything streamed from iphone - ipad etc. My guess is it needs a firmware update ...

anyway... I cannot now find the device on any networks and trying to make it go through the set-up routine fails... the light stays amber...

I am sure there must be a way to do a factory reset somehow... holding a combination of buttons and powering up .. or something like that?

have that depressing feeling this is bleeding edge technology and I should have waited....!

ugh.

TIA

Jem
    Hi Jem,

Try the following

a) Power off the speaker. Press preset 1 key ( the topmost of the 5 preset keys) & power on the speaker. Keep the key pressed. After about 45 seconds, you are in factory reset mode. Then you can press the install key again & repeat the installation sequence.

b) Have you downlaoded latest app 1.7.5?

c) You could also connect an ethernet wire & do restore settings. Then you are connected to network. Then update yr speaker software & then connect wireless to network.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fromsomewhere View Post
    Hi Jem,

Try the following

a) Power off the speaker. Press preset 1 key ( the topmost of the 5 preset keys) & power on the speaker. Keep the key pressed. After about 45 seconds, you are in factory reset mode. Then you can press the install key again & repeat the installation sequence.

b) Have you downlaoded latest app 1.7.5?

c) You could also connect an ethernet wire & do restore settings. Then you are connected to network. Then update yr speaker software & then connect wireless to network.
    Thank you - this sounds very encouraging.... unfortunately it does not seem to make any difference.

the light flashes yellow-white - the flicks to solid white for about 5 seconds - then solid orange.

I have tried the direct ethernet connection. Is the "do restore settings" in c) the process you describe in a). Obviously it cannot be from an iphone (yes i do have 1.7.5) - since i cannot connect to the device.

Is there a web-brower or other interface that I can connect to the AW3000 directly over wired internet? Surely it has a webserver interface to the default IP address?

Thanks again.

Jem

Silver Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jemr View Post
    Thank you - this sounds very encouraging.... unfortunately it does not seem to make any difference.

the light flashes yellow-white - the flicks to solid white for about 5 seconds - then solid orange.

I have tried the direct ethernet connection. Is the "do restore settings" in c) the process you describe in a). Obviously it cannot be from an iphone (yes i do have 1.7.5) - since i cannot connect to the device.

Is there a web-brower or other interface that I can connect to the AW3000 directly over wired internet? Surely it has a webserver interface to the default IP address?

Thanks again.

Jem
    OK. Try this

Press the wifi setup button at the back for 1 second.

After the light goes yellow blinking, wait for 1 minute. The light now blinks red & white?

restart your app , connect yr phone to yr home network & go to setup new speaker

skip first 3 screens by clicking next. Then go back to settings

Then you see a network called Philips_Install

Connect to this network

After you see atick mark, go back to app

Now you should see speaker found

Then the screen for password entry will come up

If it does not, try going back a few times

After you enter password, ( take care of capital letters, small letters), things should work & light should go white after about one minute.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fromsomewhere View Post
    OK. Try this

Press the wifi setup button at the back for 1 second.

After the light goes yellow blinking, wait for 1 minute. The light now blinks red & white?

restart your app , connect yr phone to yr home network & go to setup new speaker

skip first 3 screens by clicking next. Then go back to settings

Then you see a network called Philips_Install

Connect to this network

After you see atick mark, go back to app

Now you should see speaker found

Then the screen for password entry will come up

If it does not, try going back a few times

After you enter password, ( take care of capital letters, small letters), things should work & light should go white after about one minute.
    I cannot get the AW3000 to broadcast the network SSID "Philips_Install"

I have tried the hard reset method you suggested (reply 1) - is this really a hard reset?

or the push button for 1 second... then blinking light (reply 2)... there is no longer a network coming out of the AW3000 box - I can see the ipad/iphone polling for new networks but the "Philips_Install" never appears... I have even tried manually entering the network name.

so is there a way to connect directly through the ethernet wire link - perhaps through web browser...

or am heading for return to vendor?

Thanks (again)

Jem

Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Overall activity: 11.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registeredNew Achievement!5000 Experience PointsOverdrive
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear jemr,

We would like to look into your issue further with you. I have just sent you a PM.
    Could you kindly check your inbox?

With thanks & regards,
    Philips Moderation Team
    Forum Mod

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear jemr,

Also try the steps as written in the below FAQ http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/d...3289&faqview=1

Please make sure that you don not press the button on the unit for too long or else it will go into wps mode.

Also if you are using iphone, please wait longer after pressing the button on the unit. Wait at least 30-40 secs for it to blink orange n white light alternatively.

Kind regards,
    Last edited by Philips - Remko; 06-26-2012 at 09:05 AM.
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    So... just to close this post.... Philips Tech support got in touch and were excellent. 8 am phone calls to the UK from Hong Kong.

This is what I learnt.

I needed to upgrade the firmware - but without the new firmware I could not connect to the wireless network.

so... step 1 ... reset device to factory settings and connect to wired ethernet.

power off.

Plug in ethernet cable connected to router - you will need wireless to control the AW3000 from iphone / ipad - but the speaker can connect direct to a wired ethernet network.

hold down preset key 1 - and power up.... keep holding... for quite a long time ~ 45 s

let go of preset key 1 and now wait ~ 5 mins? the power light should be solid white.... the speaker is connected through wired ethernet.

take iphone or ipad

connect to the wireless network from the same wired router...

open airplay app on iphone (i found the ipad app very unstable - both on ipad 2 and 3)...

select speaker already set up

the iphone should find the device....

go to settings and select firmware upgrade firmware....

then follow the set-up instructions to connect to a wireless network...

it is crucial not to push the configuration button on the back for too long... basically < 1 second - as if it were an on/off button... any longer and the unit drops into the wps mode...

So not the most intuitive set up in the world.... a web browser config screen would be nice ... perhaps with a cross-over cable in the box for those people who do not want to change subdomains as sometimes happens...

the ipad apps are still pretty flaky (yes they are 1.7.5)- the app crashes almost immediately on the ipad 3 and the ipad 2 cannot cope with album listing... but no doubt that will get fixed eventually...

Good luck if you find you have had to read this (and thanks to Philips Tech Support - ok life is not perfect - but it is how a company responds when things don't work that makes a difference...)