Dear Support Team,

I would like to buy the new BDP-7700, and I would like to use it as a media centre, besides its blu ray playback abilities. I have a 1,5 TB USB HDD (3,5"), and I have the following questions:

Are USB HDD-s larger than 1 TB (NTFS) supported by the new BDP-7700, or does it support USB HDD-s only up to 1 TB concerning playback, just like the BDP-7600?

Does the BDP-7700 spins off the HDD when not in use, so can I use the HDD attached all the time, or should I disconnect it after each usage?

Right now I am using an AC Ryan media player as my media centre, but I would like to replace it with the new Philips Blu Ray deck. The answers to the questions above however can be dealbreakers for me.

I would also liket to ask whether or not I can enter text in the player's NET TV/SMART TV function with the android remote app, or is the latter application only for general commands?

First I posted my questions in the TV support forum, because there was a similar discussion there concerning the BDP-7600, but I think this topic belongs here.

Thank you very much for the information.

Best regards,

batmanism2000