06-28-2012, 03:16 AM #1
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- Thanked 37 Times in 33 Posts
- Rep Power
Tips: How do I connect the Wireless Hi-Fi speaker to the network and the Internet?
How do I connect the Wireless Hi-Fi speaker to the network and the Internet?
Before you begin:
- You need to have Apple iOS portable devices or Android potable devices.
- Install Philips AirStuido App from Apple App store or Google Play. The App will guide you through the wireless connection setup.
- Check the SSID of your Wi-Fi network. Make sure the SSID consists of alphanumeric characters only. If the SSID contains symbols such as %, #, ;, etc, rename it.
- Get ready the password of the Wi-Fi network.
- The router is powered on and is working properly.
- Check whether your router supports WPS. If it is, the logo would be shown on the router or on its user manual. Check with the manufacturer of the router for details.
1. Run Philips AirStudio app on your Apple portable device or Android portable device.
2. Tap Setup a new speaker.
3. An overview of the steps for setup would be shown. Read and tap Next.
4. Connect the speaker to the power supply.
-The light indication blinks amber (orange). Wait for a short while (a few minutes) for it to turn into solid amber.
5. On the app, tap on Next.
6. Depending whether your router supports WPS or not, choose between non-WPS setup and WPS setup.
(A) If your router does not support WPS:
(i) On the back of the left speaker, short press (press and release) the Wi-Fi Setup button. (Holding the button for too long may bring you to WPS mode)
(ii) Wait for less than 1 minute. The light indication will blink amber and white alternatively.
Note: If the light indication does not blink amber and white, disconnect the speaker from power supply and repeat from step 4.
Note: If the light indication blinks amber and green alternatively, you have pressed and held the Wi-Fi Setup button for too long. Disconnect the speaker from power supply and repeat from step 4.
(B) If your router supports WPS:
(i) On the back of the speaker, press and hold Wi-Fi Setup button until the light indication blinks amber and green alternatively.
Note: If the light indication does not blink amber and green, disconnect the speaker from power supply and repeat from step 4.
Note: If the light indication blinks amber and white alternatively, you have not pressed and held the Wi-Fi Setup button long enough. Disconnect the speaker from power supply and repeat from step 4.
(ii) On the router, press WPS button.
7. On the app, tap Next.
8. Follow the steps shown in the apps to enable internet connection for your device.
9. Wait for a short while when the App is waiting for searching the speaker.
10. Once the speaker is found, a “Next” tap on the top right corner will appear, then tap it.
11. When the following screen is displayed, enter the password of your Wi-Fi network. Tap Next.
Note: The password is case sensitive. Select Show Password to check whether the password is entered correctly.
12. Select a name for your speaker. Alternatively, enter your desired name. Tap OK.
13. Wait for the speaker to setup, until the LED is in solid white color.
Wireless network and internet has been set up. Enjoy your music playback using our Airplay apps.
Last edited by Philips - QK; 06-28-2012 at 03:26 AM.Forum Mod
By davistad44 in forum TV ForumReplies: 12Last Post: 04-25-2012, 11:23 AM
By thuuske in forum TV ForumReplies: 18Last Post: 02-15-2012, 08:22 PM
By mspaugh1 in forum TV ForumReplies: 8Last Post: 01-03-2012, 06:52 AM
By cjb2611 in forum Sound: Other Wireless Audio ModelsReplies: 0Last Post: 12-02-2011, 12:10 PM
By Ronsse Maxim in forum TV ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 07-11-2011, 09:35 PM