• Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Bronze Member
    Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 83
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Does patience pay with NP3900/12 ?

hello everyone, I have been silent since my last posts in January, not because I am a happy camper, but because my NP3900/12 has since been returned three times to Philips because of firmware problems; there is no need to be more specific, this forum has an impressive list, and my NP3900/12 manifested many of these problems, at one time or another. Latest letter just received from Philips France, shows a change of approach, ie that after this latest breakdown, the product will be not be repaired, but replaced. It seems that I must now contact the original Internet vendor, who will replace my NP3900/12 with "the identical, or technically-equivalent product". The Internet vendor will be credited by Philips.
    I confess I am disappointed & puzzled by this strategy; if the dozens of firmware bugs that have plagued the NP3900/12 have not been ironed out, why should I continue to be faithful to Philips ? After all, I have been suffering for over 6 months already. What do forum members advise ?

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 206
    Overall activity: 44.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I think that the key problem with the streamium devices is that new firmware is only released every six months or even later (if at all).

If I look at the changed with each new firmware, I am unsure why they take so long. It is neither because the list of changes is very long nor because they did extensive quality testing.

Personally, I am on the edge of switching to Sonos. However, my wife actually likes the physical buttons that the Streamium devices have. Unfortunately, I have not found any piece of hardware as nice as the Streamium devices - and I have not found any piece of software as bad as the Streamium devices either. ;-)

For me this is still a wait-and-see how Philips behaves in the next months. If they release new firmware more often, I will stick with them (including TVs, BTW) if they still are unable to change their software business, I will look into Sonos for music and Samsung or Panasonic for a new TV.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 49
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    I've been using NP2500 and experienced several critical bugs from the very beginning:

1. FLAC playback often stops 3-5 seconds earlier, than the track's duration is (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...playback-issue)

2. Russian layout bug (http://www.supportforum.philips.com/...bugs-on-14-03s)

3. Freezes and other abnormal operation...

NOT A SINGLE ISSUE was addressed by Philips, and all I've got in PM from some moderator, was this:

"Hi AlexTee,

Welcome to our new sound support forum and thank you for your valuable feedback regarding the issues you are currently experiencing with your NP2500 device.

As your product is not supported here through our sound support forum at this moment, I have passed your comments and feedback directly to our technical team who will look into these reported issues for you.

I do need to advise that due to the age of your streamium product software upgrades are no longer available and this may not be resolved for your specific model. Any future updates for this issue may only be available for later models of streamium products for this reason.

Thank you for taking the time to help us improve our products and we hope that you continue to use and enjoy our sound support forum.

Kind Regards,

Cassandra
    Philips Sound Support Moderator"

Months later, after this message, a FW update was released for my NP2500. I was wondering, if at least the russian bug is fixed, but all they did was adding some radio service support. Stupid!

Now, I've switched to Sonos Connect, and am more than happy!!! Especially with their support and big community! Sonos works perfectly, seamlessly, just right out-of-the-box!

Shame on you, Philips! I wish, I could get my money back for such disrespect to your loyal customers!

Never ever again I'm going to spend a single penny on a Philips product!