Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 100
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks

Android Application Issues

Has anyone also had the following issues on the android app:

1. App Randomly crashes

2. App cannot see speaker (even though the speaker thinks its connected to the network)

3. Trying to connect my phone to my speaker, which previously worked, the app tells me that it is reading content and to try again in a few seconds. It never stops reading content though and that message always comes up!

4. When a long list is on the screen (such as the list of internet radio stations), the list is not scrollable. Also the a-z on the right hand side of the screen does nothing.

5. The app has no way of configuring the internet radio preset buttons.

The app does seem very raw at the moment. The media player side of it seems very limited compared to other (free) media players found on the android market. The navigation through the app doesn't flow too well either.

I tried using another app from the android market (Skifta - dnla streaming app) and that connected to the speaker instantly and played music instantly.

Love the speaker.... struggling with the app!

I am using a galaxy S2 on android 4.0.3

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I got the same problem with 1 & 2. Were you able to fix this problem already?

Silver Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 286
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by celavey View Post
    I got the same problem with 1 & 2. Were you able to fix this problem already?

Hi

Do you have latest speaker software 3.25? Check it by entering internet radio. Philips released an upgrade of the android app . Did you upgrade yr app also? Maybe worth a try with both upgraded ones.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by fromsomewhere View Post
    Hi

Do you have latest speaker software 3.25? Check it by entering internet radio. Philips released an upgrade of the android app . Did you upgrade yr app also? Maybe worth a try with both upgraded ones.
    I have upgraded both and the issues seem better. I am stuck now with issue 3. It always tells me it is "reading content try again in a few seconds" when trying to connect my phone and the speaker. It never works anymore. I have added my SD card as a content folder which has about 20gb of music, but this shouldn't be an issue. Other media players can handle this.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by smal View Post
    I have upgraded both and the issues seem better. I am stuck now with issue 3. It always tells me it is "reading content try again in a few seconds" when trying to connect my phone and the speaker. It never works anymore. I have added my SD card as a content folder which has about 20gb of music, but this shouldn't be an issue. Other media players can handle this.
    I think it has something to do with the huge content that it is taking time to scan & make the database for the server. Do you also have videos? Maybe good to move videos somewhere else & keep only music.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I think it has something to do with the huge content that it is taking time to scan & make the database for the server. Do you also have videos? Maybe good to move videos somewhere else & keep only music.
    Its just music unfortunately. The first time I added the SD card as a content folder it all showed up straight away, all the artists and all the songs, it worked great. But every time since I have gone back to the app, it has stopped working.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Its just music unfortunately. The first time I added the SD card as a content folder it all showed up straight away, all the artists and all the songs, it worked great. But every time since I have gone back to the app, it has stopped working.
    This is strange. Two things to check

a) do you have some memory free on the card? I hope it is not completely full.
    b) What happens if you force stop the app ( settings>>manage applications) & restart again?

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Another thing to check. Pls do not keep bith skifta & airstudio at same time. force stop one & use the other. Both will conflict with each other.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Another thing to check. Pls do not keep bith skifta & airstudio at same time. force stop one & use the other. Both will conflict with each other.
    I uninstalled skifta and airstudio (also cleared app data and caches before uninstalling). Re-installed airstudio, and did not ad my sdcard as a content folder. The only folder being monitored is my audio folder, which has barely anything in it. Everytime i connect my phone to my speaker it says reading content... check back in a few seconds.... and it never works.

I just installed airstudio on my girlfriends phone (different model to mine with different android version) and it behaves exactly the same.

I thought initially it was an issue with adding my 32gb sdcard as a content folder, but it seems like a general issue.

Very frustrating!!! I cannot use the speaker to stream any of my own music... which is the main point of buying it.

On the plus side I have now found out how to scroll the page of radio stations up and down... I have to randomly tap the screen about 4 or 5 times, then it allows me to scroll. On my girlfriends phone this issue does not exist, it scrolls fine so it seems it is just an issue on my galaxy s2 (android 4.0.4)

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I uninstalled skifta and airstudio (also cleared app data and caches before uninstalling). Re-installed airstudio, and did not ad my sdcard as a content folder. The only folder being monitored is my audio folder, which has barely anything in it. Everytime i connect my phone to my speaker it says reading content... check back in a few seconds.... and it never works.

I just installed airstudio on my girlfriends phone (different model to mine with different android version) and it behaves exactly the same.

I thought initially it was an issue with adding my 32gb sdcard as a content folder, but it seems like a general issue.

Very frustrating!!! I cannot use the speaker to stream any of my own music... which is the main point of buying it.

On the plus side I have now found out how to scroll the page of radio stations up and down... I have to randomly tap the screen about 4 or 5 times, then it allows me to scroll. On my girlfriends phone this issue does not exist, it scrolls fine so it seems it is just an issue on my galaxy s2 (android 4.0.4)

Hi Smal,

What is the phone which your girlfriend has? Indeed your problem must be fixed urgently by Philips. Should not be difficult...

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    another thing you might try smal... does the Myremote app or the simplyshare app from Philips read the content on your S2 & the other android device?

Silver Member
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!Veteran

Level
    Thanks
    Hi Smal,

Let's forget about Philips APP, it is not for playing music. Have you tried Twonky Mobile ? I think that is the source of Philips

Or you may try to use a smaller SD card for trial (better than nth )

Level completed: 63%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Overall activity: 16.0%
    Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Thanks
    Dear users,

We have noted your case and we are currently looking into this. We will update you once we have more concrete information.

Kind regards,
    Forum Mod

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    OK.... I have an update with more information. When using Philips Media Manager on my PC I found I could click on my phone and see the Twonky Server status page.

I then launched the AirStudio app. I could see as soon as it started that Twonky Server was rebuilding the media database. This is why it displays the reading content message (a progress bar in AirStudio would have been helpful to let me know how it is progressing).

I left the app open for about 15 minutes, and once the Twonky server status page showed the database rebuild complete, I tried using AirStudio again... and it worked!

So the issue seems to be that Twonky Server is taking a long time to rebuild its media database, possibly because I have 20GB of music on my sdcard. However, normal media players such as doubletwist cope with this fine and new media shows up quickly.

At least I know it works now, but it does mean that if AirStudio closes down, or if I reboot my phone, I will have to wait 15 minutes after opening AirStudio to play any music, which is not ideal.

Silver Member
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    OK.... I have an update with more information. When using Philips Media Manager on my PC I found I could click on my phone and see the Twonky Server status page.

I then launched the AirStudio app. I could see as soon as it started that Twonky Server was rebuilding the media database. This is why it displays the reading content message (a progress bar in AirStudio would have been helpful to let me know how it is progressing).

I left the app open for about 15 minutes, and once the Twonky server status page showed the database rebuild complete, I tried using AirStudio again... and it worked!

So the issue seems to be that Twonky Server is taking a long time to rebuild its media database, possibly because I have 20GB of music on my sdcard. However, normal media players such as doubletwist cope with this fine and new media shows up quickly.

At least I know it works now, but it does mean that if AirStudio closes down, or if I reboot my phone, I will have to wait 15 minutes after opening AirStudio to play any music, which is not ideal.

Hi Smal,

Good to see that it atleast works Maybe the app builds the database on the SD card itself & next time it may come up fast. Maybe worth trying. But agree that even initially 15 minutes is way too long. I suppose philips notes this & does somethning about this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast