Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  • Topic Tools
  • Display
  • Bookmark and Share
    Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registered250 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hi,
    I have a 47 inch Philips 47PFL4307 TV. Please fix "lips sync" problem. With 0.89.0.0 firmware the problem still persist (actually is worst compared with the previous version).
    With input from external devices (Samsung BD player, Noname 1080i player, Sony Playstation 3) all movies are out of sync . Regarding image from a movie or a TV channel, a see a lot of unnatural "high speed" movements of the actors. (( Very, very disappointed. Please fix this.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 190
    Overall activity: 99.0%
    Achievements:
    3 months registeredOverdrive500 Experience PointsNew Achievement!

Level
    Thanks
    Hello, i have a new 46PFL8007 tv and have also lipsync issues with my OPPO DB-95. The sound through my denon is faster then the picture on the tv. So many models have this problems i think
    Last edited by tamasp; 07-22-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi guys. I am sorry if I post this in the wrong thread but I did not find another thread concerning the TV I own.

I have recently purchased a Philips 42PFL4007H/12 LED TV and I am mostly satisfied with this product but I have some recommendations.

1. Please make it easier to set the sleep timer. I have to go through 4 menus just to set the sleep timer. This is way too much. You could just add it under the option button on the remote. SIMPLE !!!!

2. I myself connect to the TV a 2.1 speaker system via the headphone jack. All is nice until I need to adjust the volume. Again I have to navigate menus just to do a simple volume adjust. Why aren't the TV speakers muted when I connect something to the headphone jack. This would be logical as it would allow me to adjust the volume of the connected item via the REMOTE volume buttons ! As of now, if I want to mute my 2.1 setup I have to navigate numerous menus or just unplug it from the system which is ridiculous if you ask me...

I hope that someone will read this message and try to do something about these issues. Come on guys, you can make a good product, great ! The hardware is there, what's lacking is the optimization of the UI !!!

Thank you !

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hello,

I have the same problem. With my tablet Acer A100. Sometimes doesn't recognize HDMI connected on tablet, sometimes loss connection after 1-2 seconds. The same for Xperia Neo.

My third device - PC with HDMI output works well.

Last software on all devices.

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Atrium,
    it's a point of view!
    For me to have separate audio output (headphones and tv speaker) it'a a big and unique philips feature and not an issue!
    It's a very bad the idea to control your's 2.1 speaker system via headphone level. If you send a signal with high level you will have distortion, and with low level you will have a lot of noise. So you need to setup your best level at the headphone output and then control the system via it's volume control.

Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Corvo67,
    I can't say I understand completely what you're trying to say...

"It's a very bad the idea to control your's 2.1 speaker system via headphone level" - Exactly, I need for the speaker system to be controlled from the volume buttons on the remote and the TV speakers to be muted. Or are you saying that it's a bad idea to connect the 2.1 system in the first place through the speaker jack ? I don`t believe that this is the case as the audio quality is very good, much better than the TV's speakers themselves.

Not everyone can invest in an expensive 5.1 system that connects through optical out, nor would I want to, even if I had the money lying around the house.

I just want to use my 2.1 speaker system as I have used them on other LCD's that were way cheaper than the Philips TV in question.

In the end I can understand your point of view as well. The fix to this situation would be a simple option that could be added in the sound menu to disable the original speakers and to control the volume through the headphone jack via the remote buttons. I cannot believe that this would be awfully difficult to accomplish for the people in charge of the TV's UI and controls. The results being satisfaction for both parties involved, as I know I'm not the only one complaining about this issue.

And coming back to my original post. I really, really wish the sleep timer would not be buried so deep in the menus. I am sorry, but am I the only one seeing this issue ? At night, when you're tired your least desire is to navigate cumbersome menus just to set the timer. Please Philips reps, look into these issues and try to solve them somehow.

As I said, a good product can be made great by simplifying the user experience !

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 89
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I'm having some issues while watching photos through DLNA and using the navigation buttons to go forward or backward.

During the slideshow if you press the BACK button, you usually go forward once or twice and only then go back.

This causes a very lousy experience.

Are there any plans for fixing this?

Thanks

Bronze Member
    Level completed: 84%, Points required for next Level: 33
    Overall activity: 39.0%
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points

Level
    Thanks
    Atrium,
    I mean the output to an audio system must usually be fix (it's a question of quality) and then amplified and controlled via the system itself.
    That's because if you send to much signal level to your external amplifier, you will obtain distortion and vice-versa with low signal level you will obtain a lot of noise.
    At the end I can agree with your solution, because must be not so difficult add a choise like you suggested.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 126
    Achievements:
    New Achievement!500 Experience Points1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurex View Post
    Hello to you all!
    Same issue here ... remote and hard buttons dead while surfing smart Tv . Had to power off for a while. Is very , very disappointing....TV is 42 pfl4307 . But hey ...is not core i5 , right ?
    After updating to 0.89 firmware and following Benedikte's advice ( disabling HbbTv) , it seems that the problem is gone. Great!
    Now I have another issue : using the on-board DVB_C tuner , I have difficulties in surfing through the channels ( digital HD and SD channels) . It takes a long time to switch image between the channels ( 3-5 seconds) and when trying to toggle more than 3-4 at once , the TV freezes for a while. Very bad experience with that....

Another issue with the TV is the following : one would expect that in a 2012 released Philips TV you can keep the channel up/down button pressed and to toggle automatically ( and fast) between the channels . It's not the case here ....unfortunately you have to press continuously the channels up/down button to advance....like in old age tv's. I could not believe that.

All in all I am happy with the TV . It produces the IQ that I would expect from a Philips TV.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Hi all!
    I'm a new owner of a 32PFL4007H/12 TV. I'm happy with it, but:
    -I'm romanian, so I use romanian subtitles, who are poorly displayed. Plus, some subtitle lines are split in two (It's really fun when you have two lines who are split in four)
    -I don't know how can I impose a 4:3 image format.
    -I really don't understand what's the link between the EPG and the recording the TV program. I use the TV with a STB who cuts the EPG signal. How can I record my favorite TV show?
    -also, I would love to see DVD iso files directly.

Silver Member
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 383
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsNew Achievement!1 year registered

Level
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ecou View Post
    Hi all!

-I don't know how can I impose a 4:3 image format.
    -I really don't understand what's the link between the EPG and the recording the TV program. I use the TV with a STB who cuts the EPG signal. How can I record my favorite TV show?
    -also, I would love to see DVD iso files directly.
    You cannot impose a 4:3 format. Philips "forgot" to have this setting in the picture size. Also, I see that you have a STB connected to the TV. Is it UPC or RDS? I hace UPC and the TV does not recognize the 4:3 signal given by the STB. Yor workaround is to have the image in superzoom and get used to the flat people on the screen.

Concerning the DVR function, this works only with the TV tuner. It does not work on HDMI. I have a CI+ card from UPC and I could record some shows. But my 607 becomes very unstable when the HDD is connected.

Sper sa te ajute.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    Multumesc!
    I use the TV with a STB provided by RDS (DigiTV Satelit), connected through a SCART cable. But I understand that the problem isn't the EPG provided by the provider, the EPG supposed to be provided by NetTV who isn't provided for Romania). Or maybe the DVR function is meant only for TV antenna, which seems stupid unless there are no copyright reasons.
    Regarding the image format for 4:3 channels... some channels seem to send the correct format parameter (STB-auto, TV-auto), others not (TV rescales the image to a....14:9 scale or something similar. In this case sometimes I have to impose the 16:9 format and watch fat people-lol, some divas look grose!)
    The most annoying aspect (which I hoped the last FW will fix, but Philips forgot that) it's the lack of support for romanian characters ş and ţ for subtitles. This is stupid for a TV sold in CE by a CE company, regarding that Romania is member of CE.
    Given the internal memory of the TV I cannot see why the media player aspects are so neglected (I have a mediaplayer who supports a lot of files and codecs and have a quarter of the free memory of this TV)

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 99
    Achievements:

Level
    Thanks
    I thank you very much. This problem has not appeared again since I put "HbbTV" at "Off".
    Best regards,
    Jack37

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12