I have a Philips tv with built-in Freeview, model number: 32PFL5522D/05, bought four years ago. It has worked perfectly until the digital switchover.
As a journalist, I tend to watch Sky News a lot, and previously never had a problem. After the switchover, the most bizarre problem has occurred. After the first re-tuning, months ago, I realised I had lost Sky News. I learned it is one of numerous channels bundled together as a multiplex called ARQ A, which also includes Dave, Pick TV etc. Although I never used to watch them, I realised they were also missing.
I did a re-install of all services, and they all came back, but let's just keep this to Sky News (everything I say applies to all other channels on the same multiplex). After the re-installation, Sky News was back! But here's the killer. I could change from channel to channel, and then back to Sky News, and it would be there. Great. But if I turned the set off, and back on later, Sky News was gone again!
I re-tuned several times, always without success. I called Digital UK, who went through exhaustive checks, and concluded there was a problem with the memory in the set. I call Philips so-called Customer Service, who suggested I did a whole series of re-installations -- auto, manual, switch on/of, aerial in/out etc etc. None of which worked, and resulted in them saying (surprise surprise!) there was nothing wrong with the set, but it was the aerial, the signal, the transmitter .... They then lost interest.
I've had tv engineers round, all of whom conclude it is a problem with the set not correctly storing the channels. But all admit they are baffled as to why when you do a re-tune, Sky News comes on perfectly, great picture and sound etc; remains on if you switch from channel to channel and come back to it; but once you switch off, it goes and is not there when you switch on again.
Has anybody out there experience the same problem?