Oh, ok.
For me, it is such a confusion with all that codecs.

For a consumer it is hard to understand all that different kinds. If you have a look at the data sheet from Philips of 42PFL7695K/02 (http://download.p4c.philips.com/file...02_pss_deu.pdf), I find the following:

Videowiedergabeformate: Codec-UnterstŁtzung:, H264/MPEG-4 (AVC), MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, WMV9/VC1, Dateien: AVI, MKV

Now you are saying: "Oh it only supports WMV9 non-Pro codecs". Look in the data sheet, there is nothing mentioned like "Pro", it is mentioned WMV9/VC1.

Then I call the support hotline and they send me a document by mail, that WMV is generally not supported by 7000 series of 2010.

Can you please clarify that confusion?

From your answer I assume, that I can play WMV-Files. But I can't play all. There are some exceptions like this "non-Pro". Are there other exceptions? Is there a more clear explanation of supported formats? What are the requirements to get a wmv file playing?

Should a WMV video be inside a an AVI or MKV file, because it is not listed at the files list?

For me, there are so many questions open. There is no sense and simplicity for playing video files.

Greets and thanks for an answer!