Topic: MediaConnect for Mac works!
08-01-2012, 06:12 AM #1
- Join Date
- Aug 2012
- United States
- Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
- Rep Power
MediaConnect for Mac works!
I saw several posts asking about availability of mediaconnect for Mac. I just purchased a 50" LCD (50PFL3807) and I was able to get it to work.
Here are the steps:
1. Go to http://www.wifimediaconnect.philips.com and enter the code from the setup menu of your device to download the software
2. The downloaded zip file has both .exe (for PC) and .pkg (for Mac). Run the pkg file. Be prepared to restart after the installation completes.
3. The software is installed in a folder called "Wi-Fi Media Connect" in the Applications. However, the folder was not readable for me.
4. I went into terminal and navigated to the Applications folder. Then I did a sudo su to execute the command
chmod a+rwx Wi-Fi*
5. The folder then became readable. Then I ran the Wi-Fi Media Connect software in that folder.
6. It creates a small PC monitor like icon on the system bar on top. Click on it and choose Start Projecting (Takes a couple of minutes for that option to be enabled).
Voila! Magically the projection works (make sure your TV is on) ... nothing to do from the TV side. It mirrors my macbook screen with a couple of seconds delay. I was able to watch my favorite shows streamed as well as videos from the local drive. No latency and comparable quality.
Of course you need to make sure that you are connected to the same network etc.
By raj in forum Smart TV: SoftwareReplies: 3Last Post: 08-10-2012, 04:31 AM
By naeem in forum Apps: MyRemote App for AppleReplies: 0Last Post: 02-18-2012, 07:27 PM
By kunsti in forum TV: ConnectivityReplies: 7Last Post: 12-02-2011, 07:19 AM
By JPINGEL in forum TV: Streaming & NetworkReplies: 17Last Post: 02-26-2011, 02:58 PM
By Casper in forum TV: Streaming & NetworkReplies: 7Last Post: 10-10-2010, 05:34 PM